Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

Indeed. I managed to watch about half the episode whilst on my lunch there. Much better so far. It's building up really well - last week was a bit 'filler' for me, the story stood still a bit too much, but not so this week.

I think it's fair to spoiler stuff till the Monday showing.

Good stuff - Arya and the house of B&W, enjoyed the long first section especially. Jorah and Tyrion, although the pirates suddenly agreeing to change course on the advice of their captors is one of those annoying contrivances the show is tending to resort to now. I actually thought the Kings Landing stuff was better than it has been for a while but it'll have to move pretty fast now to encompass everything up to Cersei's walk of shame and Ser Robert the Strong. Alfie Allen.

Bad - Dorne. This has been terribly handled, almost unremittingly awful apart from Price Doran and Areo. The Sand Snakes in particular are laughably bad and the fight scene bored me. Littlefinger's plot continues to make no sense whatsoever. No Varys or Stannis.

Saw the ending getting a bit of stick, can't really make my mind up if it was well handled or a bit unnecessary, will need to watch it again. It certainly marks a bit of a set back for Sansa's character development. Much like littlefinger, i think the writers are struggling a bit with what to do with her.

Edited by AberdeenBud

For me it was the weakest episode of the season so far. I found it really slow. Not a bad episode but just a bit disappointing. Aryas storyline is boring the life out of me at the moment. I feel like her character has been wasted this season.

Odd to have nothing at the wall either. Barring the battle of blackwater episode, Jon Snow has been in every single episode until this one. Dany has only missed 2 I think as well although I like her and her storylines but I know she has haters on here

Superb episode, even taking into account the dull Arya storyline. Feel like this season is getting into gear and is only going to get better and better.

Hopefully Sansa's suffering isn't prolonged too much though. Out of the claws of Joffrey and into the paws of Ramsay seems incredibly cruel, even for GOT's usual treatment of Starks.

Don't mind if we have no Dany at all until Jorah and Tyrion arrive and don't really care too much about the Wall unless Stannis returns. King's Landing and WInterfell are where it's at, although I'm liking the Bronn/Jaime double act.

Edited by The OP

Agree the Arya story is rather tedious. Feel they have also made a bit of a hash of Dorne. The sand snakes are bit part players in the show and have not been fleshed out at all. Compared to the Arya and Tyrion storylines, the Dorne one has advanced very quickly in only a short couple of segments.

The ending just basically sent Sansa back to same old same old, which did my head right in. I'm pretty close to losing interest this season.

Really?

At it's worst it's better than anything around right now in TV or cinema.

And Sansa putting Myranda in her place and Theon looking close to breaking point suggests to me we're going to get a payoff for this one.

The OP, on 18 May 2015 - 22:09, said:

Really?

At it's worst it's better than anything around right now in TV or cinema.

For the last few episodes, it really hasn't, and given the amount of stuff I watch, I can see myself just waiting until the season ends and binging on it, rather than sitting through it week by week in the hope that something good might happen.