The Recent Match Videos Thread

Dont know the name of the ref in this video, but he is by far and away the worst referee i have ever seen in my time in junior football totally out his depth hes horrendous !

I dont know how you can say that I thought he handled it quite well considering what he was up against ashfield didn't look as if they were interested in playing football ,I thought all the bookings were justified although I would say the sending off should have came sooner and the goalie should have walked.

the punishment messi was taking was scandelous.

I dont know how you can say that I thought he handled it quite well considering what he was up against ashfield didn't look as if they were interested in playing football ,I thought all the bookings were justified although I would say the sending off should have came sooner and the goalie should have walked.

the punishment messi was taking was scandelous.

Aye right mate, apart from the fact that the first Glencairn goal was handball, the Glencairn penalty never was, and the Glencairn keeper handled outside the box and stayed on, he was superb! I'm a neutral, clearly you need to surgically remove your biased glasses :rolleyes:

Aye right mate, apart from the fact that the first Glencairn goal was handball, the Glencairn penalty never was, and the Glencairn keeper handled outside the box and stayed on, he was superb! I'm a neutral, clearly you need to surgically remove your biased glasses :rolleyes:

The video proves the Glencairn goalkeeper did not handle the ball outside the box.

Glencairn goal handball, maybe. Watched a few times and I don't know what the decision should be.

Glencairn penalty, correct, keeper kicks out at attacker. Only one person to blame here.

Glencairn keeper, was inside. Almost nobody inside the stadium was in a position to know this but everyone still screams like madmen about something they don't actually know.

2/3 wrong wasn't too bad.

Glencairn goal handball, maybe. Watched a few times and I don't know what the decision should be.

Glencairn penalty, correct, keeper kicks out at attacker. Only one person to blame here.

Glencairn keeper, was inside. Almost nobody inside the stadium was in a position to know this but everyone still screams like madmen about something they don't actually know.

2/3 wrong wasn't too bad.

Good assessment. I don't recall anybody claiming handball at the time of the goal. From watching the video I also can't decide whether it was handball or not, so what chance does the referee have with an instant decision ? Glencairn's first penalty was clear cut and crazy by the goalkeeper, clear violent conduct and should have been a red card. Yes Glencairn's goalkeeper was inside the area, but had he been outside the area a free kick and a yellow card was the right call as it wasn't a clear goal scoring opportunity, it was on the wide edge of the area not the front edge.

Good assessment. I don't recall anybody claiming handball at the time of the goal. From watching the video I also can't decide whether it was handball or not, so what chance does the referee have with an instant decision ? Glencairn's first penalty was clear cut and crazy by the goalkeeper, clear violent conduct and should have been a red card. Yes Glencairn's goalkeeper was inside the area, but had he been outside the area a free kick and a yellow card was the right call as it wasn't a clear goal scoring opportunity, it was on the wide edge of the area not the front edge.

Think the player thinks about it claiming but I'm not sure one way or the other what the rules on that handball are. Thought the kick was more aggressive than violent, know that sounds stupid that a kick can be aggressive and not violent but would put it into the 'stupid' category. Almost the same as players attempt in tackles to have a sly kick and because it's in a tackle it is disguised where as in this instance the keeper leaves himself wide open. Agree, assuming it was out then was the player about to score? No chance, free kick and yellow. But it wasn't out.