medda talbot

poops1960

Hate to rain on your parade but am sure that there are a quite a number of teams who have a much stronger claim than Talbot to have 'the largest and biggest support EVER to grace the Juniors'.

Those teams with attendances for a cup final in the 50k, 60k range to the record 77,650 must make your Talbot claim of the best EVER as more than a little hollow.

For example, surely Petershill or Irvine Meadow,who shared the record attendance or Kilbirnie Ladeside & Camelon who had 69000 in the following season's cup final have a much stronger claim to the one you are claiming for Talbot ???

everyone knows clydebank have a much bigger support than auchinleck, just let him think otherwise...poor wee soul.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just listened to it there RRG! Who the f**k is Allan Cotton anyway?? I've certainly never heard of him! "Why would you feel sorry for Irvine Meadow, look at the size of squad they have got" :huh: Eh......we only have 19 players (and your are permitted to have 18 in a matchday squad so this only leaves 1 in reserve :huh: ). Am sure there will be a few clubs with 21/22 players approx. Even though John Redmond stuck up for Meadow on this occassion, he is a fud aswell ;)

Can't believe Cotton's opinion on the Talbot call off. He obviously has an axe to grind with Meadow. I really can't believe any supposed neutral would see what happened as anything but dissapointing for junior football. He compared it to the old firm getting support with fixture scheduling during the champions league, but thats when they're playing teams from another country, not a team competing with them for the league.

\Really looking forward to the game today, it should be a cracker. Hopefully both teams will be at their best and we'll be back to talking about action on the park rather than off it.

Thought it was a pretty one sided game. Meadow played a lot of long balls, Slaven took his 2 penalties well. Not sure why the arguements raged about the 2nd penalty, clear handball as far as I could see. Who was the guy on the pitch at the end? He wasn't very sporting :D

It was a clear handball aye but from David Gillies aswell as a shove in the back of the Meadow player. I do admit we were pish 2day and I wasn't happy with the team line-up. Hughes, Jaco n Fleming shld all have started. Once they came on today that's when we started playing abit. As for McGinty....retire now please sir, I put more energy into my supporting at the side of the park than he did on the park.

It was a clear handball aye but from David Gillies aswell as a shove in the back of the Meadow player. I do admit we were pish 2day and I wasn't happy with the team line-up. Hughes, Jaco n Fleming shld all have started. Once they came on today that's when we started playing abit. As for McGinty....retire now please sir, I put more energy into my supporting at the side of the park than he did on the park.

Pumping of the highest quality. Silky soccer beats route one all the time. Who was the monkey on the pitch trying to attack the referee? You just don't like it up you

There was no silky soccer played at Meadow park today. As for your officials on the gate (gate checking - embarrassing) virtually standing in the turnstiles getting in the rode. And ur uneducated fans callin Medda committee men robbing bas***ds cos they were chargin 6 quid even tho the gates shared n Talbot wanted they prices. If use are that good n play silky soccer why did u not come to Irvine last Saturday?

Not sure why this guy was so angry. Didn't notice the push in the back at the handball incident, fair enough, didn't think about that.

Maybe he feels his team were knocked out the cup because of an inept refereeing perfomance?

Not in my opinion though. although the referee certainly didn't help the situation, Strains team selection and tactics raised a lot of questions. Fleming, our best player of the season.. brought on with 20 minutes to go? total shite!

Archived