medda talbot

poops1960

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meant to ask this earlier, Is there any truth in the rumour that saturdays ref has Talbot connections?

No Talbot connections, meant to ask this have the Meadow spent another fortune and out the Cup again at the hand of the record holders !!!!!!

No Talbot connections, meant to ask this have the Meadow spent another fortune and out the Cup again at the hand of the record holders !!!!!!

How sure are you though? If found these rumours are true then we might have a re-play on our hands or even a passport into the semis :D

No issue with the result, Talbot pressed the game all over the pitch, we resorted to long punts, Collins and the big 6'5 guy won everything until Hughes came on. Despite all of that, there were very few goal scoring opportunities. I can understand why the first penalty was given although there was no intent. The second one was unbelievable, Gillies by his own admission punched the ball, referee gives a penalty and sends our player off, but we're no supposed to be aggrieved by this. Cue the Talbot intellectuals to tell the forum how great they are and how bad we were. Normally, I would side with the local team but I really don't care who wins as long as it isn't them. I admire their team, but their fans don't deserve them.

No issue with the result, Talbot pressed the game all over the pitch, we resorted to long punts, Collins and the big 6'5 guy won everything until Hughes came on. Despite all of that, there were very few goal scoring opportunities. I can understand why the first penalty was given although there was no intent. The second one was unbelievable, Gillies by his own admission punched the ball, referee gives a penalty and sends our player off, but we're no supposed to be aggrieved by this. Cue the Talbot intellectuals to tell the forum how great they are and how bad we were. Normally, I would side with the local team but I really don't care who wins as long as it isn't them. I admire their team, but their fans don't deserve them.

I have heard that Gaffa tape is the best way to hold up a tripping lip ;)

Your post is sensible and fair in many respects, however I was standing up that end of the ground and the Meadow player not only handled the ball, he actually caught it, I just don't get this gripe at all, I don't know whether Gillies handled before that or not but you play the whistle and the Meadow defender saved the ball from going in to the net with his hands. Another thing, if the identical incidents happened in reverse, Meadow got those penalties, do you think Tucker and the Talbot officials would have moaned like the Meadow staff and officials, they just wouldn't they would have accepted the best team won and got on with it. There is an air of desperation about all this, if Meadow were going to struggle in this tournament it would have been against Talbot, the surprise from Meadow over this fact is the most interesting thing about it, you guys just couldn't see it coming and find it difficult to accept. Perhaps Talbot had everything to do with Meadow's poor showing and not necessarily lack of effort or poor tactics by them.

Ispoke to davie gillies today at New Cumnock he said he never punched the ball...he said the ball did hit his hand but only after McDonald had handled it and he never said he intentionally handled it...so hopefully this will put an end to all the rubbish

Your post is sensible and fair in many respects, however I was standing up that end of the ground and the Meadow player not only handled the ball, he actually caught it, I just don't get this gripe at all, I don't know whether Gillies handled before that or not but you play the whistle and the Meadow defender saved the ball from going in to the net with his hands. Another thing, if the identical incidents happened in reverse, Meadow got those penalties, do you think Tucker and the Talbot officials would have moaned like the Meadow staff and officials, they just wouldn't they would have accepted the best team won and got o n with it. There is an air of desperation about all this, if Meadow were going to struggle in this tournament it would have been against Talbot, the surprise from Meadow over this fact is the most interesting thing about it, you guys just couldn't see it coming and find it difficult to accept. Perhaps Talbot had everything to do with Meadow's poor showing and not necessarily lack of effort or poor tactics by them.

Goudie,I thought that I had conveyed that I had no issue with the result IMO the best team on the day won, nor did I mention our poor showing and give Talbot no credit for the way they played.My first impression at the game was that a Talbot hand touched the ball. I spoke with Kevin McDionald at the side of the pitch immediately after he had been sent off and he said he never handled. Several Meadow players and Officials have said that David Giiles confirmed to them that he did handle the ball.Clearly there is a feeling of injustice and if the same had happened at the other end I am pretty sure that Talbot would have felt hard done by and you have no way of knowing how your management team would have reacted.However, it's all done now let's move on.

As for my earlier post when I said all Talbot posters I really meant the gloating fu"kers, we all know who they are, you and a few others post sensibly

I was at that end of the pitch and had a clear diagonal view of the second penalty incident. The guy that was with me at the game, myself and everyone around me saw the Meadow player handle the ball. He scooped at it with his hands. If you look at the photos on The Talbot websie you'll see him sitting in the goals dejected. hardly the act of someone that had a great injustice against him.

Irvine obviously were upset at going out as they thought their equaliser had earned them an undeserved draw but to go on the way they did at the ref after the incident and after the game was embarrassing.

Whether David Gillies handled it, fouled the player or whatever is irrelevant as what most folk saw including the referee and the linesman was a handball by the Meadow player.

Time to stop moaning about a penalty decision and the ref. Meadow and their support seemed to fancy themselves for a victory but the best team on the day won. Meadow didn't deserve anything from the game. They were poor and didn't live up to the hype. Time to get over it and move on.

Your post is sensible and fair in many respects, however I was standing up that end of the ground and the Meadow player not only handled the ball, he actually caught it, I just don't get this gripe at all, I don't know whether Gillies handled before that or not but you play the whistle and the Meadow defender saved the ball from going in to the net with his hands. Another thing, if the identical incidents happened in reverse, Meadow got those penalties, do you think Tucker and the Talbot officials would have moaned like the Meadow staff and officials, they just wouldn't they would have accepted the best team won and got on with it. There is an air of desperation about all this, if Meadow were going to struggle in this tournament it would have been against Talbot, the surprise from Meadow over this fact is the most interesting thing about it, you guys just couldn't see it coming and find it difficult to accept. Perhaps Talbot had everything to do with Meadow's poor showing and not necessarily lack of effort or poor tactics by them.

the ball was no where near going into the net,talbot player pushed medda player who put his hands up to claim for foul and ball hits his hand and goes by the post,thats it in a nutshell,

the ball was no where near going into the net,talbot player pushed medda player who put his hands up to claim for foul and ball hits his hand and goes by the post,thats it in a nutshell,

Meadow out talbot through.......... Thats it in a nutshell

I was at that end of the pitch and had a clear diagonal view of the second penalty incident. The guy that was with me at the game, myself and everyone around me saw the Meadow player handle the ball. He scooped at it with his hands. If you look at the photos on The Talbot websie you'll see him sitting in the goals dejected. hardly the act of someone that had a great injustice against him.

I've just had a look at the picture you're talking about and to be honest that looks more like the act of someone who had just been wrapped around a goalpost as a result of a shove in the back.

I've just had a look at the picture you're talking about and to be honest that looks more like the act of someone who had just been wrapped around a goalpost as a result of a shove in the back.

:lol:

The photo must have been taken before he was red carded and just after the incident as he's in the goal.

Look at the expression of the guy who handled it. It's more one of resignation to an error than someone who has had an injustice against him. Look at the goalie. He doesn't appear to be contesting the decision or angry with it either. To cap things off look at the fans behind the goal. The ones to the right hand side were Meadow fans IIRC as the Loons were to the left hand side of the goals.

There isn't one person in the photo that looks like disputing the decision. The guy that handled it is on his marks to run away :P

The only folk going on about the ref, decisions etc are the bad losers amongst the Meadow fans on here.

It may be hard for some Meadow fans to accept but the best team on the day won. Meadow didn't deserve to take anything from the game. That's it in a nutshell.

:lol:

The photo must have been taken before he was red carded and just after the incident as he's in the goal.

Look at the expression of the guy who handled it. It's more one of resignation to an error than someone who has had an injustice against him. Look at the goalie. He doesn't appear to be contesting the decision or angry with it either. To cap things off look at the fans behind the goal. The ones to the right hand side were Meadow fans IIRC as the Loons were to the left hand side of the goals.

There isn't one person in the photo that looks like disputing the decision. The guy that handled it is on his marks to run away :P

The only folk going on about the ref, decisions etc are the bad losers amongst the Meadow fans on here.

It may be hard for some Meadow fans to accept but the best team on the day won. Meadow didn't deserve to take anything from the game. That's it in a nutshell.

As a neutral Junior fan I can't believe that this is still going on . !!! The picture in the Sun on Saturday clearly showed that Gillies was nowhere near the ball and that Macdonald had just palmed it out of the net and the picture on the Talbot website was taken seconds later which as you say tells its own story. Even Macdonald admitted that he didn't know if he had handled or not ???????? ( story in Sun) Come on its all over it was a complete no brainer and the decision was 100% correct. Also Found it strange that not one person on the Medda forum on Saturday night straight after the game mentioned a hand ball . They all said a push on the defender caused him to handle . Not until Chris Strain's ramblings in the Sunday Mail did the question of Gillies handling came up . I would suggest it was more of a cover-up on Strain's part to his inability to get his tactics right AGAIN !! He played right into Talbot's strengths and played the wrong players. They only looked the part when Hughes and Jaconelli came on By the way the score was 3 -1 Is everyone forgetting that Talbot did score a third goal .

Juniorfan. If you have the Sun artcile or photos it would be great if you could scan them and post them on here to put an end to this once and for all.

Only folk griping and going on about it are the Meadow fans. Guy that was with me is a neutral (although he's developing a soft spot for The Talbot) and I only watch Talbot occassionally so my judgement isn't clouded by being a diehard.

It was a stonewall penalty from where I was standing. Don't know if Gillies fouled the guy or also handled but I definitely saw MacDonald handling it.

Archived