Mafia Watering Hole

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I knew as soon as i decided that everyone would have to qualify, that people wouldn't like it. I knew instantly Mr. Partastic and Ludo would dislike it. I reckoned GTG and TRS would be up for the challenge. If Forehead7 had been eligible(was he top 8?) i'd have had to spin it in such a way that it made him more motivated.

The reactions are as i expected so far.

I don't think I was top 8, I finished third in the team that got eliminated first so unless there was a lot of dropouts(Lichtie being one at least) then I'd be outside it. I like that I was in your plans though biggrin.gif

Its just a game folks, sign up thread only been up for a few hours and people moaning already.

I fear for this monster I have created, Survivor games really arent for the faint hearted, it brings the absolute worst in people.

I actually think the petty squabbling and bickering was my fault. I think I allowed too much stick and allowed (and even encouraged!) too much chat back. It's translated and has gotten worse IMO. The squabbling between teams is fine, but I think the host should be allowed to host, and left to run the game as fairly as possible.

That Lost game has created a monster, I haven't left my bed in near 24 hours because I've been watching the first series :( .

my plan in the near future - I'm on episode 3 at the moment :ph34r:

Episode 11 finished earlier this evening. Keep up, bitches. cool.gif

I actually think the petty squabbling and bickering was my fault. I think I allowed too much stick and allowed (and even encouraged!) too much chat back. It's translated and has gotten worse IMO. The squabbling between teams is fine, but I think the host should be allowed to host, and left to run the game as fairly as possible.

I don't think its your fault, the game is just inherently designed that way. Every decision can be argued with impunity, because its an anonymous internet forum, and the host has no real power to stop people wrecking the game. Even I occasionally found myself arguing with the host in previous games! Its tough! I actually think the Captains need to take more of an active role when it comes to controlling their team, and the host needs to be able to stick to their guns (within reason of course).

I have a question SLJ. Just hypothetically, if private messages are banned, what about for eliminated and non players? What I mean is hypothetically, could a player message someone who was eliminated several days ago, considering they are no longer in the game? And if a player should decide that they want to discuss the game with someone who isn't playing and has no official role, but is watching and interested (or receives a message), would this result in a punishment?

Finally, is it okay to privately discuss the game before the qualifiers? I don't want to get involved in innocent pre tournament chit chat, only to be punished for it a couple weeks down the line.

I've not sent or received any messages, I'm just wanting to make sure the rules are clear!

#121 ph34r.gif

You aren't allowed in this race, what with your previous for substance abuse! tongue.gif

As a side note, and this is based purely on the first half of the first season, I can't fathom why Kate was not one of the characters used in the game.

You aren't allowed in this race, what with your previous for substance abuse! tongue.gif

As a side note, and this is based purely on the first half of the first season, I can't fathom why Kate was not one of the characters used in the game.

She's too god damn hot. wub.gif

Archived