Mafia Watering Hole

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Risk 2 - Africa anyone?

Would need some amendments from original

Hmm, this is awkward.

I was working on a RISK 2 game(funnily name RI2K). I wouldn't be able to commit to it until February/March 2013ish.

However if you wish to claim creators rights, then i demand my successful Risk team be re-united.

• 3 weeks later...

Remember folks, once January come around it will be time for

Pie and Bov Has Talent 2013 :D

Link to the 2012 finalists and their performances - I still think Nizlopis animals and Shelldons cartoons are genius :lol:

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/165340-pie-and-bov-has-talent-2012/page__st__325

Remember folks, once January come around it will be time for

Pie and Bov Has Talent 2013 :D

Link to the 2012 finalists and their performances - I still think Nizlopis animals and Shelldons cartoons are genius :lol:

http://www.pieandbov...2/page__st__325

Do i get to retain my judges position?

I'm gonna be a chancer and suggest a game that I thought up while procrastinating for someone more experienced to run. The general trend for Mafia games is big US TV shows mainly because they are the only things with a massive depth of character to choose from but there is a topic that has been missed out that is a little closer to home - Soaps. The game I've thought of is the Coronation Street Mafia - Attack of the pensioners. The village can be the regular cast but here is some of the key characters.

Mafia:

Emily Bishop

Norris Cole

Rita

Roy Cropper

Terrorist:

Tracy Barlow

Investigator:

Ken Barlow

Vigilante:

Karl Munro/ DI Robbie Ross

Hayley Cropper

I'm gonna be a chancer and suggest a game that I thought up while procrastinating for someone more experienced to run. The general trend for Mafia games is big US TV shows mainly because they are the only things with a massive depth of character to choose from but there is a topic that has been missed out that is a little closer to home - Soaps. The game I've thought of is the Coronation Street Mafia - Attack of the pensioners. The village can be the regular cast but here is some of the key characters.

Mafia:

Emily Bishop

Norris Cole

Rita

Roy Cropper

Terrorist:

Tracy Barlow

Investigator:

Ken Barlow

Vigilante:

Hayley Cropper

Go for it.

If you need a sounding board for ideas with your mafia game my PM box is always available.

Mafia:

Emily Bishop

Norris Cole

Rita

Roy Cropper

Terrorist:

Tracy Barlow

Investigator:

Ken Barlow

Vigilante:

Hayley Cropper

You need a doctor.

Vigilante isn't usually used in the classic setups but I'd be interested to see a village-aligned vig be introduced into that setup.

I'll stick it on the schedule.

The Mafia Awards will be announced tomorrow night(UK time).

Jambo Stu has just got himself a nomination for a category based on his last game.

Lleyton Hewitt indeed. Hopefully the swansong can continue into 2013 8)

If Sloop John B doesn't want it, and no-one else objects, then i'll take a start date of 5th January 2013. It will keep my tradition of having the first game of the year tongue.gif

It won't be Risk2. That's pencilled in for April/May.

It will be a mafia game. Either Inception or a as-yet unnamed game(Well it is named but i'm not telling ye). If i go for the latter it will be a brand new game concept in a mafia sense.

The MAFIA AWARDS 2012!!!!!

Vote through PM to me. Please include "Mafia Awards" in the title so i don't make mistakes. Votes in by Midnight on 4th January 2013. Results will be published early evening on 6th January 2013, just before the next game starts. NO VOTING FOR YOURSELF!!!

Best Player(All Games):

Please choose one from;

Albino Rover, ArmadaleKillie, Ayrgirl, Bonksy+HisChristianParade, Bowers, Cheesefiddler, CountyFan, DarkBlue62, Dazzle, dave_binos, Diamonds2002, Dicko23, Die Hard Doonhamer, Dindeleux, Forehead7, ForzaDundee, FreddieDaquin, Gareth_Glasgow, Gingersaint, Ginge123, Gman1985 , Gordon the Gopher, Growl3th, GY Diamond, HEED Iamabluebrazil, ICTChris, Jagfox, Jamamafegan, The Jambo-Rocker, Jambo Stu, Jojo, Jupe1407, Just A Bairn, Killie_Lad, Kyle, Lambie's Pigeon Feed, Lichtgilphead, Ludo*1, The Master, Mr. Brightside, Mr. Parstastic, Mrs. M,Nizlopi, Number One Wasp, Parscelona, Phanni Tickler, The Real Saints, Ryan McGowan, Scotty Tunbridge, SFLKing, Shelldon, SloopJohnB/Nevillegasm/Scorpio Smurph, Soap MacTavish, Sooky, South Lanarkshire Jag, Stewbo, SuperCaleyGoBallistiic ThatBoyRonaldo, Turbo_Dee, Widge, XBL

Worst Player(All Games):

Please choose one from;

Albino Rover, ArmadaleKillie, Ayrgirl, Bonksy+HisChristianParade, Bowers, Cheesefiddler, CountyFan, DarkBlue62, Dazzle, dave_binos, Diamonds2002, Dicko23, Die Hard Doonhamer, Dindeleux, Forehead7, ForzaDundee, FreddieDaquin, Gareth_Glasgow, Gingersaint, Ginge123, Gman1985 , Gordon the Gopher, Growl3th, GY Diamond, HEED Iamabluebrazil, ICTChris, Jagfox, Jamamafegan, The Jambo-Rocker, Jambo Stu, Jojo, Jupe1407, Just A Bairn, Killie_Lad, Kyle, Lambie's Pigeon Feed, Lichtgilphead, Ludo*1, The Master, Mr. Brightside, Mr. Parstastic, Mrs. M,,Nizlopi, Number One Wasp, Parscelona, Phanni Tickler, The Real Saints, Ryan McGowan, Scotty Tunbridge, SFLKing, Shelldon, SloopJohnB/Nevillegasm/Scorpio Smurph, Soap MacTavish, Sooky, South Lanarkshire Jag, Stewbo, SuperCaleyGoBallistiic ThatBoyRonaldo, Turbo_Dee, Widge, XBL

Best Performer(Non-Mafia Games):

Please choose one from;

ArmadaleKillie, Ayrgirl, dave_binos, Die Hard Doonhamer, Forehead7, ForzaDundee, Gareth_Glasgow, Gingersaint, Ginge123, Gman1985 , Gordon the Gopher, Growl3th, GY Diamond, ICTChris, Jagfox, Jamamafegan, The Jambo-Rocker, Jambo Stu, Jupe1407, Just A Bairn, Kyle, Lichtgilphead, Ludo*1, Mr. Brightside, Mr. Parstastic, Nizlopi, Number One Wasp, Parscelona, Phanni Tickler, The Real Saints, Scotty Tunbridge, SFLKing, Shelldon, SloopJohnB/Nevillegasm/Scorpio, Sooky, Stewbo, SuperCaleyGoBallistiic ThatBoyRonaldo, Turbo_Dee, Widge, XBL

Worst Performer(Non-Mafia Games):

Please choose one from;

ArmadaleKillie, Ayrgirl, dave_binos, Die Hard Doonhamer, Forehead7, ForzaDundee, Gareth_Glasgow, Gingersaint, Ginge123, Gman1985 , Gordon the Gopher, Growl3th, GY Diamond, ICTChris, Jagfox, Jamamafegan, The Jambo-Rocker, Jambo Stu, Jupe1407, Just A Bairn, Kyle, Lichtgilphead, Ludo*1, Mr. Brightside, Mr. Parstastic,Nizlopi, Number One Wasp, Parscelona, Phanni Tickler, The Real Saints, Scotty Tunbridge, SFLKing, Shelldon, SloopJohnB/Nevillegasm/Scorpio, Sooky, Stewbo, SuperCaleyGoBallistiic ThatBoyRonaldo, Turbo_Dee, Widge, XBL

Favourite Task(Apprentice):

Please choose one from;

Fashion

Magazine

Restaurant

Scottish Football

Sport

Television

Favourite Task(Survivor):

Please choose one from;

Anagrams

Blockbusters

E-Bay Task

Eggheads

Family Fortunes

Football Predictor

Pointless(Qualifier)

Quiz

Stop The Bus

The Bank Job

Wheel of Fortune

Wikipedia Race

Who Dares Wins?

Best Host:

Please choose one from;

Forehead7 - "Battle Royale" Mafia, "DC Universe" Mafia

Gordon the Gopher - Apprentice 2012, The Rat

Nizlopi - "LOST" Mafia

The Real Saints - Only Paedophile in the Village

Scotty Tunbridge - "Futurama II" Mafia, "The Walking Dead" Mafia

South Lanarkshire Jag - "Pie and Bovril" Mafia, Survivor 4

South Lanarkshire Jag/The Jambo-Rocker - "American TV" Mafia

Stewbo - Survivor 5

ThatBoyRonaldo - "Cold War" Mafia

Turbo_Dee - "Harry Potter" Mafia

Best Mafia Game:

Please choose one from;

American TV

Battle Royale

Cold War

DC Universe

Futurama II

Harry Potter

LOST

Pie and Bovril

The Walking Dead

Best stories/write ups

Please choose one from;

Forehead7 - "Battle Royale" Mafia, "DC Universe" Mafia

Nizlopi - "LOST" Mafia

The Real Saints - Only Paedophile in the Village

Scotty Tunbridge - "Futurama II" Mafia, "The Walking Dead" Mafia

South Lanarkshire Jag - "Pie and Bovril" Mafia

South Lanarkshire Jag/The Jambo-Rocker - "American TV" Mafia

ThatBoyRonaldo - "Cold War" Mafia

Turbo_Dee - "Harry Potter" Mafia

The rest of the awards don't have any to select from for various reasons;

Most devious player

Best Individual Performance(Mafia Games) - This award is designed for the best player in a mafia game. I have a shortlist that i can put up if people would prefer to pick.

Best Mafia Team

Best Village Team

Most Enjoyable Game

Breakdown of the Year

Facepalm Moment of the Year

Hall of Fame nomination - Gordon the Gopher and Forehead7 are already in the HoF for anyone who doesn't care/remember.

If Sloop John B doesn't want it, and no-one else objects, then i'll take a start date of 5th January 2013. It will keep my tradition of having the first game of the year tongue.gif

It won't be Risk2. That's pencilled in for April/May.

It will be a mafia game. Either Inception or a as-yet unnamed game(Well it is named but i'm not telling ye). If i go for the latter it will be a brand new game concept in a mafia sense.

I can get my game underway in January - You can still get you're first game of the year seeing as you are essentially co hosting this one by being involved in the creative process.

Archived