Mafia Watering Hole

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Def still room! :)

3 more people would be nice, there are a lot of good 13-man setups that we could use (or do you always do completely closed setups where you have no idea what possible roles are in the game, I'll stick to that if so?).

If people are down for it though, maybe this would be cool: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=JK9%2B%2B

It's a so called modular open setup where the mod rands some numbers from 1-100, which will decide the roles (and depending on amount of townie PR's, the scum team is naturally strengthened proportionately).

Masons (good guys who get investigators reports), Mafia (bad guys who get a kill each night), Terrorist (no allegiance, kill every night), Investigator (reports go to Masons) and Doctor are the bread and butter roles. Traditionally, it is not announced how many roles there are and I like this as it adds to the mystique.

Totally depends but deadlines are usually between 7-10pm every day where all votes must be in and all roles must have their kills, investigations etc in before that deadline. Then the host writes up the story and the next day begins. No real night phase, just deadlines and write ups.

Feel free to try some things that have worked on other sites Thingyman. Even if they're new to us, they might be better than what we're used to and if not, it's still a case of freshening things up anyways!

Do expect every slight bit of controversy to blow up and people a act as if you're a serial killer!

Indeed. Should we go for a start on Wednesday (tomorrow) sometime between 7-10 PM with the first lynch being on Thursday 7-10 PM? That way Shelldon can play?

Oh and when we say 7 PM for example, what time zone are we talking?

Also, do you extend deadlines for the weekend? Or do you still stick to the 1 lynch a day?

Accepting suggestions for theme btw! :)

Indeed. Should we go for a start on Wednesday (tomorrow) sometime between 7-10 PM with the first lynch being on Thursday 7-10 PM? That way Shelldon can play?

Oh and when we say 7 PM for example, what time zone are we talking?

Also, do you extend deadlines for the weekend? Or do you still stick to the 1 lynch a day?

Accepting suggestions for theme btw! :)

Aye always make the deadline between 8-10 I would say. It tends to be when most people are on and busiest.

UK time. I'm not sure if we have ever had someone play that wasn't on that timezone or at least only an hr off etc.

In terms of deadlines, how many people do we have now? I think we normally do 1 day between each deadline, but we skip Friday and Saturday nights. So deadline on Thurs and then then next one on Sunday. But it's your game so pick deadlines that suit you.

I think we have had 2 days between each deadline as well for a few games. It tends to be what the host can do I think. So it might be mainly 1 day deadlines with a couple of two dayers in there when the host is busy etc. As long as you let people know in advance when the deadlines are then it's cool

Aye always make the deadline between 8-10 I would say. It tends to be when most people are on and busiest.

UK time. I'm not sure if we have ever had someone play that wasn't on that timezone or at least only an hr off etc.

In terms of deadlines, how many people do we have now? I think we normally do 1 day between each deadline, but we skip Friday and Saturday nights. So deadline on Thurs and then then next one on Sunday. But it's your game so pick deadlines that suit you.

I think we have had 2 days between each deadline as well for a few games. It tends to be what the host can do I think. So it might be mainly 1 day deadlines with a couple of two dayers in there when the host is busy etc. As long as you let people know in advance when the deadlines are then it's cool

Thanks, very helpful.

Do people like any of these themes:

Gears of War

Hannibal

Toy Story

Breaking Bad

Mad Max: The Fury Road

The Avengers

The LEGO Movie

Black Hawk Dawn

Jurassic Park/Jurassic World

Archived