Arrested Development

It's one of my favourite comedies. I'm not sure why it works, but it seems to be one of those shows where the more you watch it the funnier it is. I can't even explain why some things are funny, but parts of the third series are funny just because they are 'Arrested Development' things. It's hard to explain but imo one of the best American comedies out there.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's one of my favourite comedies. I'm not sure why it works, but it seems to be one of those shows where the more you watch it the funnier it is. I can't even explain why some things are funny, but parts of the third series are funny just because they are 'Arrested Development' things. It's hard to explain but imo one of the best American comedies out there.

I did get the feeling at some points that it'd be funnier to watch the second time around. I can see me going back to it in a wee while and enjoying it a lot more.

• 3 weeks later...

I recorded about 7 or 8 episodes, didn't like it at first but the more I watched the more I found myself laughing, I can't explain why but it is brilliant. Bob Loblaw is a fantastic name for a character.

I have about 20 odd episodes of this recorded and I am completely hooked right now. GOB is probably my favourite character but Tobias is right up there too. The Mrs Featherbottom scenes had me in stitches.

Mrs Featherbottom was class. It was the piece at the end of the episode before 'she' appeared, 'on the next show' and it showed Tobais going around being the family maid.laugh.gif

I just knew the next one or two episodes where going to be hilarious. laugh.giflaugh.gif

• 1 month later...

Possibly going to release the whole fourth season at the same time via Netflix.

Source

Would love for this to be true. Won't hold my breath though.

Think I'll watch some of the episodes again tonight. Gob and his $4000 suit needs to be seen again :lol:

• 2 months later...

My favourite comedy too, have watched it over and over again. I can't even think what my highlights are are as for me it's a just constant stream of brilliance with a few dips. I think the third season is a bit crammed but they had to wind it up sharpish with it being cancelled.

Hermano, analrapist, there's always money in the banana stand, I've made a huge mistake, franklin comes alive, COME ON!, I just blue myself, the 'mole', Mr F, forget me now's, you're the chicklet not me, etc etc, totally going to have to look it out again!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Yass :DAnybody have any idea if it will be episodic release or all at once?

Heard rumours Netflix could be doing this with more series and in effect starting their own channel, episodic release would be much more interesting and would keep people hanging on.

Ed: Just realised above post said all 14 will be available on May 4th ph34r.gif

• 3 months later...

Archived