Hip Hop Thread

A-Mac

18 hours ago, Pabst said:

Those DJ Supreme tracks are great. Love that classic Britcore sound. Put me on a bit of an old school UK hip-hop binge this morning.

'The Horns Of Jericho'  by Hijack is hands down the greatest UK hip-hop album of all time.

I was reading up on UK hip hop for some reason the other day and was surprised to read that The Badman Is Robbin made it into the top 40 at the time. I had it on 12" and played it to death. 

Kamanchi Sly released Britcore Nutta last year and another track with DJ Undercover the other week - both are absolutely terrible. He seems to have forgotten that raps tend to rhyme. 

18 hours ago, Fat Joe da Gangsta said:

Yeah Horns of Jericho is a great album. That Caveman debut must be another of the best UK albums as well. 

I hated the Caveman album. I went straight out and got it due to the hype it was getting in HHC and these were the days before you could go on YouTube or anywhere else to get a sneak preview. Hugely disappointed and wasn't impressed with his soft voice or his fake Yank accent. Or that stupid looking jumper.

Edited by Dee Man

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

I hated the Caveman album. I went straight out and got it due to the hype it was getting in HHC and these were the days before you could go on YouTube or anywhere else to get a sneak preview. Hugely disappointed and wasn't impressed with his soft voice or his fake Yank accent. Or that stupid looking jumper.

I kind of understand what you say about his voice but that's harsh.

Love that Special Ed jam; all-time classic - though I always thought the Business-Like Version was even better. I once had an awesome tape of a WBLS radio show from New York with the DJ (presumably Marley Marl) cutting it up.

Edited by Pabst

I didn't bother with Pete Rock last night. I stumbled across his Instagram rant about Young Thug wearing a dress on his album cover and decided Pete's a c*ck who doesn't deserve any more of my money.