Hip Hop Thread

A-Mac

53 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

You might like the Mass Appeal Rhythm Roulette video series. Producers have to build a beat from scratch using samples from 3 randomly chosen LPs. Plenty legends take part. 

Nice one - will investigate. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 07/07/2020 at 11:47, cb_diamond said:

Anyone been watching the Wu Tang documentary? Superb stuff.

Just came on to talk about it.

Can genuinely remember the first time I heard 36 chambers and was hooked. Have several vinyls and around 20 cds from them and for a while in the late 90s it was all I listened to in the car. 
Good to see the documentary and the inside story. With ODB it’s just so sad, clearly needed help but perhaps his nature made him such a great mc?

Had no idea about rzas brother being the manager and how much money fucked them all up. Some of them were quite right about being ripped off. The DJ/producer that got $400 for designing the wu tang symbol?! 
The saga of once upon a time in shaolin LP

The greatest hip hop group ever formed without doubt and individually some of the greatest artists. Haven’t really listened to anything after iron flag, might check out what they’re up to.

10 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Just came on to talk about it.

Can genuinely remember the first time I heard 36 chambers and was hooked. Have several vinyls and around 20 cds from them and for a while in the late 90s it was all I listened to in the car. 
Good to see the documentary and the inside story. With ODB it’s just so sad, clearly needed help but perhaps his nature made him such a great mc?

Had no idea about rzas brother being the manager and how much money fucked them all up. Some of them were quite right about being ripped off. The DJ/producer that got $400 for designing the wu tang symbol?! 
The saga of once upon a time in shaolin LP

The greatest hip hop group ever formed without doubt and individually some of the greatest artists. Haven’t really listened to anything after iron flag, might check out what they’re up to.

Yeah, things clearly got very, very messy for quite a long time between them. Good to see they are back more or less on the same page. I'm delving into some of the solo works a bit more. I have been stuck in a rut with their own albums for ages. Have listened to Cuban Linx I + 2, Ironman, Supreme Clientele, Liquid Swords and Return to 36 Chambers a tonne, but just didn't really bother with the rest. Will try and give them all a good go now.

Edited by cb_diamond

2 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

Yeah, things clearly got very, very messy for quite a long time between them. Good to see they are back more or less on the same page. I'm delving into some of the solo works a bit more. I have been stuck in a rut with their own albums for ages. Have listened to Cuban Linx I + 2, Ironman, Supreme Clientele, Liquid Swords and Return to 36 Chambers a tonne, but just didn't really bother with the rest. Will try and give them all a good go now.

ODB first lp is great. All the best songs are at the start though.

Wu tang forever is worth a listen, bit up and down in quality but some amazing verses and story telling.

The W is quality

Method man lps are excellent 

gravediggaz is good

both ghostface lps 

Some of the others are one or two decent tracks.

5 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

ODB first lp is great. All the best songs are at the start though.

Wu tang forever is worth a listen, bit up and down in quality but some amazing verses and story telling.

The W is quality

Method man lps are excellent 

gravediggaz is good

both ghostface lps 

Some of the others are one or two decent tracks.

Sorry, Just read back that wasn't very clear, have heard all of the first 4 Wu Tang albums, was the solo albums I was talking about. Tical was pretty decent but I can't stand redman so most meth stuff grinds my gears haha

3 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

Sorry, Just read back that wasn't very clear, have heard all of the first 4 Wu Tang albums, was the solo albums I was talking about. Tical was pretty decent but I can't stand redman so most meth stuff grinds my gears haha

Stop listening to hip hop if you don't like Redman and the Hit Squad.

On 12/07/2020 at 19:27, Boostin' Kev said:

Miss Marple lol there'll be hundreds of Miss Marples on here that saw you slavering about hip hop when you were pished. 

Yes, that whole one post which didn't mention hip hop at all but was taken down simply because I referred to you as possibly being an "arsehole" if you were serious with your comment in it. Which I thought was harsh when I had sobered up...not so sure now. Although judging by the above post, drama queen would have been more appropriate than arsehole.

At least I was drunk, what's your excuse for slavering shite?

Edited by cb_diamond