The Official Thread for Everton FC

jamamafegan

I had actually got tickets and trains sorted, but was struggling to get a hotel. Realised it's Grand National weekend and decided to go to Bratislava instead. Found an Irish bar which shows Sky games, not telling Mrs. cT until we get there.

^^^^^

A field trip, hotels too dear, seats not good enough ... poor excuses :lol:

Another cracking result today and a great first season from Martinez. Done very well to keep in with a shout of a top 4 spot.

To be fair to me the chances of my wee car actually making such a round-trip without a breakdown are remote :lol:

Pretty skint anyway with paying for upcoming Scotland trips but would've loved to be there on Sunday. If we win it'd really put doubt in Arsenal's minds.

Either way, qualifying for Europe would be a great first season for Roberto. Also pleased with how well Stevie Naismith did today.

Absolutely magnificent half so far from Everton - Naisy and then a brilliant goal from Romelu on the mark!

Dare we dream of the Champions League? One thing's for sure, the School of Science is back!

• 2 weeks later...

:(

That could be that. Disappointing result to say the least, we couldn't deal with Palace's counter-attacking. Their defense was magnificent tonight - we were all over them, absolutely all over them yet they kept us out. I would almost go as far as saying that was a heroic performance from Palace. Mirallas had a great chance at the end and he bloody fluffed it. Outstanding Everton player for me was McGeady, who had an excellent first half. That's as good as it gets tonight.

Wasn't expecting to be challenging for 4th at the start of the season but you have to be gutted at that, the way we've been going. It's out of our hands.

We'll try.

For the last half an hour, the team played with the verve and vibrancy we've come to expect. I don't want to question Roberto, but I think he got his team selection wrong tonight. There just didn't seem to be the same drive in the first half with the likes of McCarthy and Naismith on the bench. McGeady worked hard and was full of endeavour but, perhaps being harsh, I felt his final ball at times wasn't good enough.

Dreadful second goal to concede - a free header from a corner. The team though did well to get back into it and, good defending and goalkeeping kept us out.

Bitterly disappointing and it'll be difficult to get fourth now. But with only one point in it, anything can happen. If asked if we would take this situation at the start of the season, we'd have bitten your hand off.

Onwards to Sunday - lets give the Mancs and Moyes a reaction. COYB.

Next games Man United at home. The return of Moyes. Who knows what could happen.

Arsenal are at Hull. Am I an idiot for thinking Hull could get something out of that...maybe?

I think Hull will be focused on the Cup Final, so no. Although I doubt whether Hull will get much out of the Cup Final either.

Would be pleasing if Moyes went and turned Everton over at Goodison after how bitter their fans have been since he left.

I don't get the bitterness. I like to see Sir David of Moyes do well. His bid for Baines and Fellaini last year was the only thing that made me think he was a cheeky bassa, but that's it.

We'll try.

For the last half an hour, the team played with the verve and vibrancy we've come to expect. I don't want to question Roberto, but I think he got his team selection wrong tonight. There just didn't seem to be the same drive in the first half with the likes of McCarthy and Naismith on the bench. McGeady worked hard and was full of endeavour but, perhaps being harsh, I felt his final ball at times wasn't good enough.

Dreadful second goal to concede - a free header from a corner. The team though did well to get back into it and, good defending and goalkeeping kept us out.

Bitterly disappointing and it'll be difficult to get fourth now. But with only one point in it, anything can happen. If asked if we would take this situation at the start of the season, we'd have bitten your hand off.

Onwards to Sunday - lets give the Mancs and Moyes a reaction. COYB.

mccarthy has a slight hamstring strain

I think Hull will be focused on the Cup Final, so no. Although I doubt whether Hull will get much out of the Cup Final either.

If Hull want to qualify for Europe next season (I'm guessing they will since they've never been in it before) then it's in their best interests to lose on Sunday. If Arsenal make the CL then Hull will get into Europe even if they lose the FA Cup final. But if Arsenal miss out and then beat Hull in the final then Hull would miss out.

Would be pleasing if Moyes went and turned Everton over at Goodison after how bitter their fans have been since he left.

It was the way he tried to sign two of EFC's best players for under their valuation, and comments to go with it, that annoyed many Everton fans. The man was given a standing ovation and wished well in the final home game of last season.

Everton should be looking to win on Sunday. No better game to try and bounce back from Wednesday.

mccarthy has a slight hamstring strain

Yeah, saw that in RM's interview afterwards. Fair enough, really.

No chance the toffees a certainty moyes deserves everything coming his way he left wasnt forced and everton land a fantastic manager everton where never as good under moyes as martinez bill kenwright must b overjoyed his club where under achieving under moyes