The Official Thread for Everton FC

jamamafegan

Well where do you start with that one...

What a game. A complete emotional roller coaster and although Joe Allen had a sitter for 3-1 will happily take an away point from a game I thought Everton were better in for larger spells.

We do it all again in January :)

The facilities in the Bullens are first class. As is the view. No obstructions whatsoever.... ;)

I'm in the Lower Gwladys as per on Saturday and really up for it, as I always am on derby day. Should definitely be a good game but Everton will need to be at the top of their game defensively as Liverpool's front two are scoring plenty of goals. Gareth Barry is going to be a key man for us this weekend I think.

Game's a complete sell-out so should be an excellent atmosphere. COYB!

Hope you enjoyed your day out today LP.

Was gutted that this result burst my coupon for over £600

Meant to ask you to buy me a programme and I would've popped along to Larbert to pick it up during the week.

Hey ho, onwards and upwards. :)

Was a great day centralTon ta, though the head is a wee bit ropey this morning! Had you mentioned I'd have happily got you a programme too!

What a game though, for the neutral it must've been superb viewing. Pretty gutted to only get a point as we battered them in the second half. I thought we started well but lost a really poor opening goal - nobody anywhere near Coutinho at the far post. We responded well to equalise but then when the free-kick went in I felt it knocked the stuffing out of Everton a bit for the remainder of the first half.

Second half though Blues again went at them although how Allen missed that chance for the Reds at 2-1 is anyone's guess. A truly shocking miss. But we had countless chances - Deulofeu (who for me made a huge difference when he went on) and Lukaku the main culprits - before the big man turned it around. When the header went in, the place went bonkers - fans falling over seats, celebrating with people 2 or 3 rows behind. SCENES.

I thought then that we'd hold on and Martinez made a good change to bring Osman on to try and hold the lead just before they scored. It was so disappointing to concede a free header from a set-piece.

But overall, we're still unbeaten at home in 2013 and Everton played really well for long spells. James McCarthy was my man of the match - I thought he was outstanding.

Was a great victory yesterday. Deulofeu is an exciting prospect, sounds like he had a fine game.

Today's other results have been excellent so far for us. We just need Chelsea and Southampton to draw and a Swansea win to keep us in that top 4 for our meeting with Sir David of Moyes on Wednesday night.

Actual SCENES.

It was an unbelievable victory but you had to feel that it could just be our night in our first match against Moyes, given how the season's gone. And it was our night. Looked like a bad night for United who made most of the chances but couldn't put them away. Glorious. The result made my 21st birthday all that much sweeter :thumsup2

Belated happy birthday jamamafegan. Pleasing that the result helped!

Moyes, lets be honest here, more often than not shit himself when we went to Old Trafford, Anfield, the Emirates or Stamford Bridge, barring one or two occasional exceptions. Martinez, while perhaps being a bit more cautious than against Stoke by putting Deulofeu on the bench, still was attack-minded with the likes of Barkley in midfield. Moyes wouldn't have even considered playing someone like him in the middle of the park at venues like that. That's the difference - Martinez believes the team have enough quality going forward to take the game to anybody, anywhere.

The football currently being played is of the top drawer. Long may it continue.

Might be asking a bit much to win at Man Utd and Arsenal consecutively, but you never know. Everton at least look a goal threat so should be an entertaining game today.

Not won away to Arsenal since 1996, but records are there to be broken I suppose! A draw would be a fantastic result.

A draw would be an excellent result. Can you imagine if we won though? Arsenal stay on 34pts while Liverpool, Chelsea and Everton are all locked on 30! I think it would be fair to say then that Everton, yes Everton, are in the title race! Who would have expected that at the start of the season?

Certainly not the naysayers who tipped us for a bottom-half finish under Martinez. Madness!

Was reading an article today that highlighted we have made a combined £62m from three players that probably wouldn't get in our current first team in Lescott, Rodwell and Fellaini. Interesting perspective but probably true enough.

Yeah that is an excellent result. We looked outstanding tonight for most of the time and Arsenal didn't look anything special in contrast. Deulofeu's goal was a cracker. Barkley was simply incredible. I don't think I've ever been so excited about an Everton team, so much quality in the squad - we are a match for anyone.

First time I have seen a full ninety minutes of Everton this season and was very impressed.

Pretty solid throughout, kept possession well and were the better side for long spells in the game. Would the comments about Barkley, thought he was fantastic. Also, I thought the defence looked pretty well organised throughout and limited Arsenal to just a handful of chances.