The Official Thread for Everton FC

jamamafegan

Yeh, it was. :thumsup2

Got a pal who is down in Liverpool for 4 days and asked him if he was going to the game tonight. He said he didn't fancy it, but was going on a tour of Anfield this afternoon. :thumbsdown

Yer pal needs his head checked!!! Missed a cracker as well.

The game should've been over at half time, but we allowed Newcastle back into the game. Thought Barkley, Coleman and Lukaku (first half) were outstanding.

Another 3 points and still unbeaten.

Agree. At half time I was expecting more goals to come - but from the Blues. Cabaye's goal though...ooft. What a hit.

The first half was unreal, we were absolutely all over them. It was a shame Lukaku didn't get his hat-trick in the end - you could see how gutted he was to not get it, which is encouraging to see. Very nervy end to the game too, I did think an amazing Newcastle comeback was on the cards at some points. But that's that, 3 points in the bag and still unbeaten. Excellent. Next up Man City away. We hold a good record against them. Should be a top match.

Well that was enjoyable last night, even if we were hanging on at the end!

That first half was just superb. Alright, Newcastle at the back were utterly woeful but Everton's football and ruthlessness was a joy to watch. Really good build up for the first two goals and great composure from Lukaku to finish off the third. We could easily have been four or five up at half time such was the dominance - Newcastle simply never got a look in.

Cabaye's goal was a peach of a shot that was in the moment it left his boot but there were still plenty of chances to add to the lead before Remy scored. A fully deserved three points overall with a number of good performances - Distin strolled things as he seems to do most weeks, while Coleman was once again excellent both defensively and going forward. Lukaku will get the plaudits, and rightly so because at times he was unplayable, but the midfield played so well.

Barkley is very elegant on the ball and you can see the confidence he has at the minute. He's got great technique, good feet and an intelligent football brain and Martinez trusts him to just go and play, which is something that didn't happen under Moyes. James McCarthy also impressed, very neat and tidy and watching Gareth Barry at close quarters showed how good he is - always breaking things up and finding a Blue jersey with a pass. My mates bumped into Robert Elstone on the tube going to West Ham last week and he said to them that Martinez said to him get him Barry, that was his primary target. Lukaku came a bit out of nowhere.

A very encouraging start to the season and sets up Saturday's game at Man City nicely.

what do everton fans think of mccarthy, i know its early days but the fact he is starting and getting the full 90mins this early in his everton career is quite impressive, and a wee bit bold of martinez

i thought he played well last night, never anything flashy or out of this world, but no mistakes either, he seems to be the guy that takes the ball off the centre halves and finds the flair players, instead of relying on your centre halves starting attacks

good to see him doing well, could be an everton mainstay for years if he progresses as he did at wigan

T

what do everton fans think of mccarthy, i know its early days but the fact he is starting and getting the full 90mins this early in his everton career is quite impressive, and a wee bit bold of martinez

i thought he played well last night, never anything flashy or out of this world, but no mistakes either, he seems to be the guy that takes the ball off the centre halves and finds the flair players, instead of relying on your centre halves starting attacks

good to see him doing well, could be an everton mainstay for years if he progresses as he did at wigan

He's brilliant, doesn't need to do anything flashy in this team. He just needs to keep the ball, and he's very effective at it. Great addition to the team. Edited by Christophe

T He's brilliant, doesn't need to do anything flashy in this team. He just needs to keep the ball, and he's very effective at it. Great addition to the team.

it definitely helps that its martinez as his boss again, he was outstanding at wigan and seems to be getting the exact same role at everton,

After the uproar from supporters when the new badge design was revealed, the club is now giving all Evertonians the chance to vote for the new badge that will feature in future seasons. View them here: http://www.evertonfc.com/crestvote

For me, it's got to be Crest A. Absolutely fantastic badge, it's got everything displayed that you would want to show the heritage of the club, it doesn't look cluttered and uses up space well - and looks mint on the kit. I really hope we get that one.

Crest A won the vote

• 4 weeks later...

It demonstrates the fickleness of football fans that after they drew their first three league matches this season certain Everton fans were saying the choice of Martinez was a mistake. Now they probably wouldn't swap him for having Moyes again.

where have everton got this resilient side from lol, under moyes they were susceptible to losing goals in games like this, now with martinez as gaffer it would have been a sure bet given how he gets his teams playing previously

Instead he seems to have found a method of telling his team to defend and defend very well, good stuff

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping this back up as there's a wee game with that mob from across the park on Saturday.

Going down to the derby and really looking forward to it, but equally as apprehensive. Blues are still unbeaten at home but will have to be a lot better than they were at Palace.

Can see a draw here, although I hope I'm wrong and we stuff them obviously. The 2-2 last season was an entertaining game so expecting something similar on Saturday.

Bumping this back up as there's a wee game with that mob from across the park on Saturday.

Going down to the derby and really looking forward to it, but equally as apprehensive. Blues are still unbeaten at home but will have to be a lot better than they were at Palace.

Can see a draw here, although I hope I'm wrong and we stuff them obviously. The 2-2 last season was an entertaining game so expecting something similar on Saturday.

Looking forward to enjoying the luxurious facilities in the Lower Bullens Saturday lunchtime. ;)

As much as Liverpool have dominated the Derby for the last 15 years can never take this one for granted. Both teams started well should be a good one...with the wee incentive of going top again at least for a couple of hours! :)

The facilities in the Bullens are first class. As is the view. No obstructions whatsoever.... ;)

I'm in the Lower Gwladys as per on Saturday and really up for it, as I always am on derby day. Should definitely be a good game but Everton will need to be at the top of their game defensively as Liverpool's front two are scoring plenty of goals. Gareth Barry is going to be a key man for us this weekend I think.

Game's a complete sell-out so should be an excellent atmosphere. COYB!

The facilities in the Bullens are first class. As is the view. No obstructions whatsoever.... ;)

I'm in the Lower Gwladys as per on Saturday and really up for it, as I always am on derby day. Should definitely be a good game but Everton will need to be at the top of their game defensively as Liverpool's front two are scoring plenty of goals. Gareth Barry is going to be a key man for us this weekend I think.

Game's a complete sell-out so should be an excellent atmosphere. COYB!

Right early night before early train down tomorrow. May the best team wi...scrap that will take a scruffy 1-0 ;)

Ahhhh derby day. The 'friendly' derby. My friend Matt once punched me in the face when we were out during a particularly heated argument after the Merseyside Derby. I don't do these games in the pub anymore, so it's home in front of the box for me. Have a good day all the blue P+Bers heading to Goods.

3-0 Blues (Lukaku 2, Osman)

Edited by Christophe