Football Identity

Scottish Xavi

Alright folks? I'd like to point you in the direction of an online footy game I play called Football Identity!

I've mentioned this in here a while back, when the first Scottish league was finding it's feet, but there is now a full league in the top division and also roughly half of a 2nd division active as well.

So things have really taken off and there is now a good solid base of Scottish lads and others playing in Scotland, where there is a great deal of banter to be had both during games and on the forums (a private area for each team and a public one for all who play in Scotland).

As far as the game itself is concerned you can sign up and create a player, manager or even a journalist for any budding Chick Young's out there (god help us lol)!

Upon registering you will have one character slot for free with which to create you player/manager/journo and guide him through his career, and if you like the game enough you can always decide to purchase an additional slot(s) to create more! You may only have a max of one Manager character and one Journalist, but can have multiple players if you choose.

Entirely up to each person but I'd probably recommend creating a player character first off, and if you stick the game out then think about a manager character down the line. As a manager you are in charge of a team of real people, so it's not like just choosing the line-up and buying/selling based on stats like other manager games! Each team can have both a Manager and Assistant Manager however, so if you do create a manager character and it seems a bit daunting it can be a good idea to become an assistant somewhere first to learn the ropes and make a few contacts!

When you create a player you first choose which position you would like to play. Again this is obviously something for everyone to choose what they would like the most, though I would recommend avoiding DCM, ACM and WF to begin with, as they aren't as often used by many teams playing the traditional formation of 4-4-2 etc. Generally defenders are in the highest demand, but you will find a club somewhere regardless of which position you choose, so go with whatever your preference is!

The matches themselves are turn-based in a 2D environment with a chat-box to communicate with teammates. They are played twice a week and last just over an hour. The games in the top division in Scotland kick off every Monday & Thursday at 21.00, while the 2nd division (an ideal environment for picking up the game) kicks off every Sunday & Wednesday at 21.15.

There are LOADS of leagues in different countries though, kicking off on different days (Sun+Wed, Mon+Thu, or Tue+Fri) and times. You'll start as a free agent, so even if the times in Scotland don't suit you there are plenty options to find a team somewhere which will fit in better with your schedule. And there are plenty friendly users kicking about in the Scottish forum who would be more than happy to point you in the right direction.

In between games you can spend as much or as little time on the site as you wish! I'd HIGHLY recommend trying to log in as many days as possible just to carry out your training (this takes a grand total of about 20 seconds so you can be in and out if need be!) so your players skills develop and you become better during games, whilst also letting managers know that you are active and continuing to log in to play the game. But you needn't spend any more time than that if you wish, or you can chat with other guys about the game, watch replays of previous matches, have a few mini practice games in the test centre etc etc.

It's a lot of fun so I hope some of you lads will sign up and check it out! There is plenty help available if you're a bit unsure of what to do, and if the worst comes to the worst and you decide the game is just not for you then fair enough, but you won't have lost anything by giving it a bash! :)

Oh, and my characters there are Andy Xaviesta, The Godfather, The Blue Cafu, Andy Maradona and Wolverine, you can pm any of them if you want to get in touch at all! :)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a good game and I'd recommend it. About a year ago I took over a team in the top tier called Ross County as well as assistant to a team in the Scottish 2nd tier where my striker and defender played too. Like with many of these online games I lost interest though.

Yeah it's an enjoyable game, I started from scratch and withing a couple of seasons we had built a championship winning side, good banter to be had so come along and have a look.

Signed up and made a player 'Acomma Trialist', a side defender. Want to play in one of the Scottish leagues, signed up as English, dunno if that makes a difference or not

No, you can play in any league you wish, as long as the kick off times suit you. :)

No, you can play in any league you wish, as long as the kick off times suit you. :)

Cheers, I had an offer from some English guy who's playing in the Belgian league but I told him i'd think about it and posted in the Scottish 2nd division forum instead, told him if I dont get an offer quickly I might just sign for him before his game time tommorow night. Hopefully I get a side in Scotland though so I can rip the piss out of yous :P

Cheers, I had an offer from some English guy who's playing in the Belgian league but I told him i'd think about it and posted in the Scottish 2nd division forum instead, told him if I dont get an offer quickly I might just sign for him before his game time tommorow night. Hopefully I get a side in Scotland though so I can rip the piss out of yous :P

Will have anoffer from my club in SCO 2A when u next log on

If you tried this game a while ago but got bored as nothing was happening and you didn't know wtf was going on or what to do, give it another go now! :D

I've recently set up a team with the sole purpose of signing up new Scottish users and getting them involved straight away, teaching everything I know about the game and having some banter and fun at the same time.

If you register for the game I'll find you and will offer you a contract right away. Come on, give it a bash! :D

After a few games on there i'd suggest you sign up and join the above team. It's actually quite a good little game and it's not too difficult, decent lads in the team too. :)

What team have you signed for?

What team have you signed for?

The training team in Division 2. It's not too bad, struggling for players though so it takes some of the game away :( I just wanna learn how to play properly before moving on though. Think i'm getting a good grasp of it too thanks to the manager so I might move sooner than later

The training team in Division 2. It's not too bad, struggling for players though so it takes some of the game away :( I just wanna learn how to play properly before moving on though. Think i'm getting a good grasp of it too thanks to the manager so I might move sooner than later

Best place to start for you really, yeah getting new users into the teams can be a problem, but with the training team you are being taught how to play the game instead of being thrown in at the deep end like I was a year ago. Best thing is to stick it, get you attributes up before moving on. :)

Who is managing the team just now?

Apologies for the simpleton question but how do the games actually work?

It's all pretty easy. It works in 'moves'. When you're off the ball, all you do is use your arrow to position yourself. Obviously you can't sprint about 80 yards in 1 move, you're limited to how much you can move. If the ball is within your arrow when off the ball, you can make an attempt to tackle. There are also other things like if someone's crossed the ball, you can head etc, or you can attempt to block stuff etc.

When on the ball, you've got the choice. You need to receive the bal, then choose whether to pass (Ground pass or High pass), shoot or dribble. It's all quite simple/basic when you get used to it and it's quite entertaining. Try playing a trial game on the home page. Only problem is you're playing with bot players, so you'll find it tougher to see the ball.

It's all pretty easy. It works in 'moves'. When you're off the ball, all you do is use your arrow to position yourself. Obviously you can't sprint about 80 yards in 1 move, you're limited to how much you can move. If the ball is within your arrow when off the ball, you can make an attempt to tackle. There are also other things like if someone's crossed the ball, you can head etc, or you can attempt to block stuff etc.

When on the ball, you've got the choice. You need to receive the bal, then choose whether to pass (Ground pass or High pass), shoot or dribble. It's all quite simple/basic when you get used to it and it's quite entertaining. Try playing a trial game on the home page. Only problem is you're playing with bot players, so you'll find it tougher to see the ball.

Spoken like a seasoned pro. ;)

• 1 month later...

slight bump for this as the scottish league is growing again, while the game can be frustrating at times (not unlike real football) on FiD the top 2 teams dont hoard all the money :P

seriously though have a look and try a game in the test centre, its definitely a nice way to pass an hour mondays and thursdays, and daily training takes 2 minutes only

Archived