Jordan Rhodes

~~~

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As it happens it's not correct. He scored for Ipswich against Cardiff in the Championship before he moved to Huddersfield.

Rhodes scores in the Championship

Yes, well, I actually knew SOMETHING like that would come up but it still has no relevance whatsoever, I'm afraid.

Rhodes not scoring at a high enough level is a legitimate concern.

It should be a concern, yes, but Kenny Miller not scoring at any level for quite some time should be more of an issue if you plan on picking him to lead the line. Mackail Smith and Rhodes should be miles ahead of Miller in the pecking order. Jamie Mackie too in my opinion.

Miller works hard, but no longer has pace and his eye for goal has disappeared quicker than it turned up during that brief stint at Rangers. He is past it and should not get near the Scotland squad these days, never mind the starting 11.

Yes, well, I actually knew SOMETHING like that would come up but it still has no relevance whatsoever, I'm afraid.

It has direct relevance to your assertion:

Well, to say he's only scored goals in League One, prior to this season, is correct.

Your assertion wasn't correct. Of course I get the general drift of your argument, but your assertion wasn't a general one. It was a specific claim that he had only scored goals in League One prior to this season, a claim which you seemed sure enough about to proclaim it's veracity. If you wish to proclaim the veracity of your statements quite so adamantly then I suggest you check that they are actually true before posting. Of course if you really knew that "something like this would come up" you would have couched your claim in less unequivocal terms, for example: "to say he's only scored goals in League One, prior to this season, is largely true."

It has direct relevance to your assertion:

Your assertion wasn't correct. Of course I get the general drift of your argument, but your assertion wasn't a general one. It was a specific claim that he had only scored goals in League One prior to this season, a claim which you seemed sure enough about to proclaim it's veracity. If you wish to proclaim the veracity of your statements quite so adamantly then I suggest you check that they are actually true before posting. Of course if you really knew that "something like this would come up" you would have couched your claim in less unequivocal terms, for example: "to say he's only scored goals in League One, prior to this season, is largely true."

Well, thanks, that one, or two, goal(s) he scored years ago in the CCC make a massive difference - and in disproving my assertion you have successfully over taken the God Particle as the breakthrough of the year.

The funny thing is I actually knew there was a very good chance he'd popped up with a goal much earlier in his career, but it bears as much relevance to anything as Sears scored in the Premier League once - remember that? - and this makes him, I dunno, good?

I could have been more couched but why bother? Seeing this verbose stilted response was more than worth it - now back to the discussion. Saying he has only scored goals in League One prior to this season is not "daft" at all.

Well, to say he's only scored goals in League One, prior to this season, is correct.

well strictly speaking its not, as you have just had explained to you, but its daft to use that as a reason to hold him back, given league one is a better level than our own spl, and we start players doing well in that no problem at all always have

well strictly speaking its not, as you have just had explained to you, but its daft to use that as a reason to hold him back, given league one is a better level than our own spl, and we start players doing well in that no problem at all always have

I don't think League One is a better level than the SPL - at all - but it's such a tedious discussion I'm not that interested in getting involved in it.

I don't think League One is a better level than the SPL - at all - but it's such a tedious discussion I'm not that interested in getting involved in it.

what you think matters not, league one players earn more than spl players and league one clubs pay bigger transfer fees than spl clubs do, it is a better level filled with better players than the spl

what you think matters not, league one players earn more than spl players and league one clubs pay bigger transfer fees than spl clubs do, it is a better level filled with better players than the spl

You, well, your views are similarly meaningless.

And that is such an utterly dreadful measure to convince me to no longer converse with you.

Thanks anyway.

slinking away in defeat you mean. its the only measure you nonce, money buys quality, you pay 10 grand a week you get a better player than paying 5 gets you. Ill miss you terribly btw.

Well at least you didn't sink to the depth of accusing me of being a pedophile or anything.

How clever of you.

slinking away in defeat you mean. its the only measure you nonce, money buys quality, you pay 10 grand a week you get a better player than paying 5 gets you. Ill miss you terribly btw.

That is a lot of shite and you know it. I've had a job before that required very little training and paid twice as much as minimum wage, does that mean I was a more skilled or better worker than others on lesser wages?

That is a lot of shite and you know it. I've had a job before that required very little training and paid twice as much as minimum wage, does that mean I was a more skilled or better worker than others on lesser wages?

are you a professional footballer ? in football that is largely how it works, thats why some players get paid more than others for essentially doing the same job, theyre better at it

The average wage in League One is apparently approx 70k per year (£1300 a week give or take) - Although that is from the 09/10 season

I'm not sure that is larger than the SPL to be honest. I would guess that that the average wage in the SPL is about double that, perhaps a bit more at maybe 3k per week. (It is only a guess though to be fair.)

Either way I doubt there is much in it.

there 24 teams in the league, the top 10 or so pay more in wages and transfer fees than any spl club bar celtic

I wouldn't argue that the bigger league probably helps. (Not from a money point of view)

It's possible the larger league allows youngsters more of a chance to come through and shine if they're any good.

Archived