Hillsborough debate

Desert Nomad

Cheers for that. Pretty interesting stuff. I remember seeing news reports of the whole thing later on that evening. I think i'd been at a Dundee v Hearts game that day. Something was announced on the the tannoy about it being delayed due to crowd trouble, with the full story emerging by the time i got home.

I'm going to hazard a guess that Duckenfield had them deployed there because he was probably still more worried about a riot on his watch than about doing something to help the dead/dying.

I was at the Dundee game too. I was only 8 at the time but I remember getting on the bus with my Dad next to the Hilltown clock (number 7 Circular from memory). He had his "tranny" and that's when I first knew about it. Even then I can remember sitting at the front of the bus and him telling me something bad had happened. I knew then that it was something major. I can't remember much else from that age so I obviously realised its significance.

It's an absolute disgrace what happened to the fans. As a generalisation, I don't like Liverpool fans at all but all you have to do is read the list of the dead, their ages and any account of what happened that day to feel their pain. Anyone who can mock what happened doesn't deserve to have their opinion listened to and they certainly don't merit a response.

I'm 31 now. I just did a quick count and about 80 of the 96 were younger than me when they died. They (along with all the others) still had everything to live for and it was all taken away from them for going to see their team play a game of football. It could easily have been anyone who has been to a game of football; so probably nearly everyone on this forum.

There's not much else to say; but hopefully all the still grieving families do get the justice they deserve and can move on with their lives.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/datablog/2012/sep/12/hillsborough-victims-list

It's going to be interesting to see what the clubs do now that the media are actually reporting this chanting.

I didn't see or hear anything today other than the 'where's your famous Munich songs' from a sizeable proportion of the away end about 10 minutes in. But these 2 imbeciles who have supposedly ran on the park is incredible. I'm not convinced one bit unfortunately that the same sizeable proportion won't be chanting about Munich as usual when we go there in January.

:lol:

Got to love Liverpool fans - well you don't but you know what I mean.

Their own fans scumbag behaviour is "2 imbeciles" and the Man U fans' response is a "sizeable proportion".

On the radio (well it was Talksport) this morning they were reporting a Liverpool fan got caught bringing a model airplane into the ground :lol:

Their own fans scumbag behaviour is "2 imbeciles" and the Man U fans' response is a "sizeable proportion".

On the radio (well it was Talksport) this morning they were reporting a Liverpool fan got caught bringing a model airplane into the ground :lol:

Not at all. If you read the last bit you'll see that Im fully expecting the same sizeable proportion of our away support to do the same at Old Trafford in January.

Blaming each other and trying to take the moral high ground will solve nothing.

Finally the media has stopped ignoring all this bile that's been going on backwards and forwards. Hopefully the good thing will be now they can't stop reporting it if/when it continues and something will have to be done somehow to stamp it out.

Your recent performance on this thread has been consistently poor.

Relevance to hilsborough debate - none.

Desperate stuff.

I just find the mindset of these cretins baffling. Both sides as well, not just Liverpool. It was obvious the eyes of the World were going to be on this match in case something happened, and yet both sides still proceeded to either mock a fatal plane crash, or a stadium disaster because it's pure dead funny, aye? Absolute cretins the lot of them.

I just find the mindset of these cretins baffling. Both sides as well, not just Liverpool. It was obvious the eyes of the World were going to be on this match in case something happened, and yet both sides still proceeded to either mock a fatal plane crash, or a stadium disaster because it's pure dead funny, aye? Absolute cretins the lot of them.

Thing is, these people are probably the same as get mortally offended if the opposition mocks "their" disaster.

They are probably too thick to even see the hypocrisy.

I bet there are Liverpool fans who will well up at a Hillsborough tribute minute's silence, then abuse Man Utd fans 3 weeks later about Munich.

It's going to be interesting to see what the clubs do now that the media are actually reporting this chanting.

I didn't see or hear anything today other than the 'where's your famous Munich songs' from a sizeable proportion of the away end about 10 minutes in. But these 2 imbeciles who have supposedly ran on the park is incredible. I'm not convinced one bit unfortunately that the same sizeable proportion won't be chanting about Munich as usual when we go there in January.

Did you boo Evra yesterday?

What really gets up my nose is the fact that they refuse to play on the anniversary of the disaster, as if a calendar date really means f**k all especially as they dedicate every other home game to the disaster , have a dedication to the victims as part of the stadium and forever fly flags and banners about it - why at the business end of the season do they insist on not playing? It's not fair on other teams and totally fucks up the schedule but powers that be cant put a stop to it for fear of a backlash , anyone who speaks up about it will probably be brandished a murderer. Always the victims

You mean something like this?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2127608/Alan-Davies-Hillsborough-rant-Charity-refuses-1k-donation-backlash-continues.html

:whistle

Peter Kay?...Peter Beardsley?...Blue Peter?

Yeah but no, let's forget the death threats he received from Liverpool fans.

It's a valid point though. Why can't they play on the date? Do Rangers refuse to play on the 2nd of January? Do Bradford refuse to play on the 11th of May? Do Juventus refuse to play on the 29th of May? Do Bolton and Stoke refuse to play on the 9th of March? No, they don't. Does Hillborough mean more than the four above?