Homeland

Quentin Taranbino

A good start to the new series, clearly some time has elapsed as Brody is a Congressman now.

Despite her therapy, Carrie is still 'edgy', however, the daughter, Dana is coming through as a character who is developing and may have a stronger role in future episodes.

not enough guns and loud bangs for you?a very different programme to homeland but compelling and excellent nonetheless

Struggling to think of any guns or big bangs in Homeland TBH. Just wasn't my cup of tea.

Ending to this week's episode was terrific. I thought this episode was better than the last through the course actually, and the plot kept me WAAAAY into it for the duration.

Brody's story is more compelling by the week though. His conflict over what was going on with Nazir was terrific. Clare Danes already looks like an easy award winner again next year. Have to wonder where they go now that the cat is well and truly out of the bag with Brody.

Ending to this week's episode was terrific. I thought this episode was better than the last through the course actually, and the plot kept me WAAAAY into it for the duration.

Brody's story is more compelling by the week though. His conflict over what was going on with Nazir was terrific. Clare Danes already looks like an easy award winner again next year. Have to wonder where they go now that the cat is well and truly out of the bag with Brody.

Spot on.

Last night's ending was a "fucking hell" moment for me. Outstanding.

Unbelievable ending. Really was. I had absolutely zero idea that was coming, and it's certainly a ballsy move. It's the sort of plot twist you could see them putting in around the third last episode, not in the second one. I've got no idea where they're going to go with this, although actually now that I think about it, could anyone else see Saul dieing in the next episode? He made a point of sending the guy he was working with away, and he was alone when he watched the tape. If he dies, then if someone gets the tape back, the secret stays safe. Could Brody kill Saul?

As well fan said "ooshyafucker". Couldn't have put it better myself.

Unbelievable ending. Really was. I had absolutely zero idea that was coming, and it's certainly a ballsy move. It's the sort of plot twist you could see them putting in around the third last episode, not in the second one. I've got no idea where they're going to go with this, although actually now that I think about it, could anyone else see Saul dieing in the next episode? He made a point of sending the guy he was working with away, and he was alone when he watched the tape. If he dies, then if someone gets the tape back, the secret stays safe. Could Brody kill Saul?

We've not seen what the entire video says yet. So it may look dodgy, but could it be that it just looks like a suicide note as opposed to an "I'm a terrorist" note?

Terrific writing in this, that's for sure. I can see the daughter being more central to Brody.

Episode 3 spoilers:

Saul doesn't die in Episode 3. He goes to Lebanon, where they "seize" the memory card. A decoy one. Under Al Queda orders?

The cliffhanger is Saul showing Carrie the memory card, be interesting to see how they deal with it.

We've not seen what the entire video says yet. So it may look dodgy, but could it be that it just looks like a suicide note as opposed to an "I'm a terrorist" note?

Terrific writing in this, that's for sure. I can see the daughter being more central to Brody.

In the third episode you hear more of the video. He goes on to talk about the kids that were killed in the aerial attack. Definitely seems to be a video explaining why he blew up the VP, or at least was supposed to (Season 1 ending)