Jobs

Tryfield

If you know of any vacancies that may not be very well advertised, post them here. If P&B manages to get even 1 fellow poster a job it'll have been worth it.

Stirling station. < Closing date 13/12/11. Good job.

Solicitor x2 Ayr < Closing date 16/12/11.

The Grade is Grade 3 / Level 11, the hourly rate is from £19.14 to £20.33 and the annual salary is from £34,930 to £37,102.

The latter just goes to show that it's a myth that solicitors are well paid.

You and I obviously have a very different idea of what constitutes "well paid". I could quite happily and easily live on £34k a year and be the sole earner in the family.

You and I obviously have a very different idea of what constitutes "well paid". I could quite happily and easily live on £34k a year and be the sole earner in the family.

Whilst that's undoubtedly true, particularly if you were based in Ayrshire I'd guess, he has a point that it goes some way to dispelling the notion that a qualified solicitor automatically earns a high five figure salary.

In fact outside major city firms that will only be true of partners in independent firms most likely.

There are plenty of non-graduate employments that will see people earning as much as these solicitor jobs. I know lorry drivers who can pull in that sort of money.

Snow Shoveller - Coatbridge Area.

Must have experience operating a shovel

Must be experienced in the removal of white snow . Yellow snow an advantage but not essential

One biscuit per hour will be provided after thorough inspection of work

Successful candidate will be required to sleep in a car boot in case I get stuck at work.

No pension or human rights awarded.

Apply now!

Edited by Mik

It takes me 4 hours to get what a Solicitor makes in 1. Fucking McDonald's. dry.gif

Genuine question, do you get discount on the food? *

Got a job lined up for the summer, but I'm looking to get one before next semester at Uni starts.

*I should point out your answer isn't a factor on whether I decide to apply to work at McDonald's :lol:

Edited by Just a bairn

He was clearly talking relative terms. It's often suggested that lawyers earn buckets compared to other professions when it's not really true. For instance a teacher with 8 years' experience will be earning the same as that solicitor post. A head-teacher could be earning as much as twice that. You could earn more as a nursing home manager in Ayrshire.

He was clearly talking relative terms. It's often suggested that lawyers earn buckets compared to other professions when it's not really true. For instance a teacher with 8 years' experience will be earning the same as that solicitor post. A head-teacher could be earning as much as twice that. You could earn more as a nursing home manager in Ayrshire.

How long does it take that solicitor to reach that grade? How long does it take a nurse to become a home manager?

There are a lot of Engineering jobs being created in the central belt.

FMC Technologies and the Wood Group are both looking for a couple hundred folk in engineering, draughting and project management etc in the Oil & Gas industry. GE Oil & Gas too.

Edit: Aker solutions in Aberdeen as well in Oil & Gas engineering

Ganesa in the Renewables industry also looking for a couple hundred folk.

Edited by lau03143

Genuine question, do you get discount on the food? *

Got a job lined up for the summer, but I'm looking to get one before next semester at Uni starts.

*I should point out your answer isn't a factor on whether I decide to apply to work at McDonald's :lol:

Yep, but I haven't used it yet, so I don't know how much you get off. You get a free meal every day for your break as well, they're pretty good to their staff to be honest. Plus it's got to be the easiest job ever.

There are a lot of Engineering jobs being created in the central belt.

FMC Technologies and the Wood Group are both looking for a couple hundred folk in engineering, draughting and project management etc in the Oil & Gas industry. GE Oil & Gas too.

Edit: Aker solutions in Aberdeen as well in Oil & Gas engineering

Ganesa in the Renewables industry also looking for a couple hundred folk.

Interesting.......I have a job just now though, well paid too. Wonder how much woodgroup are offering....