Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

And yet I responded to you and quoted you in referring to "Scottish fitba".

It's not me that sees the top flight as being Scottish fitba.

Seriously :lol:

And there was me thinking all the time it was Rangers that was limping onwards. The tv money myth was largely dismissed a couple of years ago by HJ with a stat attack.

Tv money is nice, it helps, but most if not all of the clubs in Scotland including Rangers rely on the money the supporters bring in. Had clubs relied more on the TV money as its chief source of income its unlikely the supporters would have had enough power to persuade their club's boards to say no to newco. Scotland just doesn't attract the big money tv deals even with or without Rangers or Celtic that the likes of England, Germany, Spain or Italy do.

The same hj who was previously caught making up/guessing stats. That hj?

Only team who has 'won' is celtic and even that has been hollow.

They've not really won.

As many predicted, they have slowly deteriorated since the death of Rangers, essentially becoming a rich man's Dundee United, selling all the top talent, bringing in young/cheap players to replace them and hoping they come as good as the ones before, if it wasn't for the reanimation then this decline would have continued until they sat at a level just slightly above Hearts and Aberdeen, unless they tried to spend their way out of it, in which case they would eventually have suffered the same fate.

They've not really won.

As many predicted, they have slowly deteriorated since the death of Rangers, essentially becoming a rich man's Dundee United, selling all the top talent, bringing in young/cheap players to replace them and hoping they come as good as the ones before, if it wasn't for the reanimation then this decline would have continued until they sat at a level just slightly above Hearts and Aberdeen, unless they tried to spend their way out of it, in which case they would eventually have suffered the same fate.

I think this has more to do with the way the Champions League and the Europa League is set up now and how difficult it is for Celtic to reach those 'sexy' ties. Over the last few years Celtic have had to adjust and live within their means and it has drained the amount of money available through reduced revenue. It might appear like a down ward spiral but it will bottom out eventually, they seem now better set up for the long term, even if the product on the pitch is weaker.

Edited by CityDave

I think this has more to do with the way the Champions League and the Europa League is set up now and how difficult it is for Celtic to reach those 'sexy' ties. Over the last few years Celtic have had to adjust and live within their means and it has drained the amount of money available through reduced revenue. It might appear like a down ward spiral but it will bottom out eventually, they seem now better set up for the long term, even if the product on the pitch is weaker.

The set up now is actually geared to make it easier for teams in Celtic's position to progress.

The Celtic board could have speculated to accumulate and paid for a team on the pitch that could pull in all that European income or they could downsize and only spend what was necessary to win a league where Aberdeen were the only opponents playing to 5 figure crowds.

If I were a Celtic Shareholder (I nearly was but that's another story) I'd salute this as a great decision

The point I'm making is that we won. Rangers fans think they have by having their club winning promotion to the top flight, but there has been no meddling or tinkering with the leagues to fast track Rangers into the top flight. With all the GIFRUYs, the piss, wind and bluster from the Armies of Darkness believing they have beaten the G&Gs and the diddies, its actually integrity and fairplay that has won....a quiet victory.

It makes no difference if they are up for the first time or back in the top tier depending on opinion, history will always remember Rangers going bust, the overspending under Charles Green, the mismanagement and how the club even turned on its own supporters, the fraud trial, I could go on. It makes no difference if they are up for the first time or back in the top tier or even if they beat our clubs four or five nil next season. They did all that to themselves no one else is to blame, probably the most embarrassing yet hilarious run of events to happen in Scottish sport and to such a despicable club that has had such a negative and self serving influence in Scottish football, such irony, such karma. 

Scottish football will never be the same again, no matter how much they will try to pretend otherwise.

Good post min and you are right about the quiet victory point.  I do take some satisfaction from the fact the shoe horning back into the top division was prevented.

However, and this might be because I'm a miserable shit, I feel like the overall battle was lost.  I really hoped we'd come out the other side of this saga with a realisation that Scottish football could be more than just the Glasgow pair.  That actually football in this country has a lot to be proud of and to be talked up.

The media in the last couple of weeks have proven, that with a bit of will behind it, you can polish a turd and promote it.  The fawning over the old firm fixture in all Scottish media outlets proved this.  

I feel like for many in power or the media the last few years have simply been something they've had to tolerate, a hiatus from the 'real' stuff starting again for them, and they are probably trying to work out ways to make sure it never happens again.  At no time do they seem to have lifted their head and seen that the whole country (ok fine, diddies) was re-engaged in Scottish football in a way that they simply weren't before.

A quiet victory, yes, but for me a sad end.

More money? But I thought everything was booming with sell out Saturdays and fans filling stadiums to the brim like they promised...

Still lying about that benny? Why you keep doing it is a hell of a puzzler. It's like you are trying to show off or embarrass people - but even complete morons should realise you are talking pish. Which means for something like 3 years you have been continually seeking the approval of people you must consider to be cretins. 

It's just odd.

Still lying about that benny? Why you keep doing it is a hell of a puzzler. It's like you are trying to show off or embarrass people - but even complete morons should realise you are talking pish. Which means for something like 3 years you have been continually seeking the approval of people you must consider to be cretins.

It's just odd.

I think I can solve this one.

Remember the Golden Rule: Bennett is a genuine idiot with a fondness for lying, and no one should take anything he says remotely seriously.

I don't think Bennett is an idiot.

He has mastered the role-play of appearing to be an idiot  simply to create annoyance to all those of us  who have mocked his old dead cheating club and the travails of the bizarre frankenstein tribute act that was created in the aftermath.

diddies,eh? what are they like?

I don't think Bennett is an idiot.

He has mastered the role-play of appearing to be an idiot  simply to create annoyance to all those of us  who have mocked his old dead cheating club and the travails of the bizarre frankenstein tribute act that was created in the aftermath.

diddies,eh? what are they like?

If that's true why does he keep bringing up sell-out Saturday? Part of the role? Impressive dedication if so.

If that's true why does he keep bringing up sell-out Saturday? Part of the role? Impressive dedication if so.

A couple of fans getting carried away on the internet calling for a sell-out Saturday?. Its not very much to cling to.

Just like many Rangers fans who have been ignorant and insular about the rest of Scottish football the final attendance figures for each club in the top tier at the end of the season would have been brushed off as mere fantasy. The only way that even the official SPL attendance figure at the end of season 2012/13 would be believed is if it was verified by a well known true blue nose like Walter Smith or Barry Ferguson so it can become as fact. Not that they the Rangers fans could quite easily investigate all that themselves via a small bit of research online instead of having or waiting for someone else do all the work for them.......oh wait a minute, this is what they do.... wasn't this their contribution to how their club died? :lol:

Edited by CityDave

Good post min and you are right about the quiet victory point.  I do take some satisfaction from the fact the shoe horning back into the top division was prevented.

However, and this might be because I'm a miserable shit, I feel like the overall battle was lost.  I really hoped we'd come out the other side of this saga with a realisation that Scottish football could be more than just the Glasgow pair.  That actually football in this country has a lot to be proud of and to be talked up.

The media in the last couple of weeks have proven, that with a bit of will behind it, you can polish a turd and promote it.  The fawning over the old firm fixture in all Scottish media outlets proved this.  

I feel like for many in power or the media the last few years have simply been something they've had to tolerate, a hiatus from the 'real' stuff starting again for them, and they are probably trying to work out ways to make sure it never happens again.  At no time do they seem to have lifted their head and seen that the whole country (ok fine, diddies) was re-engaged in Scottish football in a way that they simply weren't before.

A quiet victory, yes, but for me a sad end.

Good post.

The nice thing is that traditional printed media is dying on its arse and access to quality journalism and alternative points of view is streets ahead of where we were. The very last place I would look for decent opinion on Scottish football is a newsagent and hopefully the kind of raspers that have just been biding their time to say something positive about our game will go the way of the dinosaurs soon enough.  Or get relegated to the status of loonballs and rejects like David Leggat and Richard Gough Child Molester.

The point I'm making is that we won. Rangers fans think they have by having their club winning promotion to the top flight, but there has been no meddling or tinkering with the leagues to fast track Rangers into the top flight. With all the GIFRUYs, the piss, wind and bluster from the Armies of Darkness believing they have beaten the G&Gs and the diddies, its actually integrity and fairplay that has won....a quiet victory.

It makes no difference if they are up for the first time or back in the top tier depending on opinion, history will always remember Rangers going bust, the overspending under Charles Green, the mismanagement and how the club even turned on its own supporters, the fraud trial, I could go on. It makes no difference if they are up for the first time or back in the top tier or even if they beat our clubs four or five nil next season. They did all that to themselves no one else is to blame, probably the most embarrassing yet hilarious run of events to happen in Scottish sport and to such a despicable club that has had such a negative and self serving influence in Scottish football, such irony, such karma. 

Scottish football will never be the same again, no matter how much they will try to pretend otherwise.

Spot on.

'Rangers' will forever be synonymous with administration, liquidation and financial mismanagement.

They could go on to win ten in a row and the talking point will still always be the hilarity of the past four years.