Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

There is also an extraordinary procedure that applies to any member club outside the SPFL Premiership where that club has sportingly qualified for a UEFA club competition and makes an application to participate in that competition.

That's us!  Sportingly. TC kens the score.

The list is a bit of a red herring

National Club Licensing applies to Scottish FA member clubs and UEFA Club Licensing applies to Scottish Professional Football League Premiership clubs.

There is also an extraordinary procedure that applies to any member club outside the SPFL Premiership where that club has sportingly qualified for a UEFA club competition and makes an application to participate in that competition.

I understand this. The National licences are an indication of how the club is doing though. They are all due for renewal this month and Rangers should have applied for their extraordinary licence by now, I think the application has to be in by the end of February. The past three years accounts will have been scrutinised and the "break even" rule will have to have been met.

I was actually quoting direct from the SFA site

Should have written [sic] to keep Kinkster off your back.

Kinky, have Rangers been granted the European Club licence? Or was it the entry level club licence you were thinking of?

Should have written [sic] to keep Kinkster off your back.

Kinky, have Rangers been granted the European Club licence? Or was it the entry level club licence you were thinking of?

Stoney, you're exhibiting diddy levels of casuistry.  If we win the SC then we will play in The EL.  Is that ok?

Stoney, you're exhibiting diddy levels of casuistry. If we win the SC then we will play in The EL. Is that ok?

I was just asking.

Can you link to where this has been confirmed?

Ha!, I spotted you lurking around on the reading list and thought ''lets see if he spots the mistake''.

I was actually quoting direct from the SFA site

Is ShittyDave the alias of TC or are they just both exhibiting the same teflon-shouldered qualities of their Grey and Green pals? 

I was just asking.

Can you link to where this has been confirmed?

Talking of links FIFA.com

However, this old rivalry went on to take a new twist in 2012 when Rangers went into liquidation, leaving the Ibrox club’s supporters to endure the indignity of their team starting again from the bottom tier of Scottish football. Sunday’s Scottish Cup semi-final will, in fact, represent just the second meeting of these sides since the Gers’ financial collapse, and the first since they recently earned promotion back to the top flight.

Talking of links FIFA.com

a fifa news article is not the official word of fifa, hope that helps, if you do believe its the offical word of fifa, there are about five other articles that say we are the same club so its 5-1 in favour of us

a fifa news article is not the official word of fifa, hope that helps, if you do believe its the offical word of fifa, there are about five other articles that say we are the same club so its 5-1 in favour of us

You dont take much note of the details of the contents do you? That article says Rangers are 'back' into the top flight, it also talks about Celtic being a spent force.

From his point of view it was a bad link to post.

If you miss glaring details like that please forgive me for thinking you may be missing the big picture in the club licensing rules.

Edited by stonedsailor

Of you miss glaring details like that please forgive me for thinking you may be missing the big picture in the club licensing rules.

Stoney, you're on a mission here tonight.  Just calm doon, chap.  Let's do the 'have they a ticket' bollocks if we actually manage to beat Hibs in the final - and that is not a given after tonight's result.

Have we a deal?

Stoney, you're on a mission here tonight. Just calm doon, chap. Let's do the 'have they a ticket' bollocks if we actually manage to beat Hibs in the final - and that is not a given after tonight's result.

Have we a deal?

We won't have to wait that long. The SFA will have made their decision and it should be published soon.

I am happy to leave it but you do prefer a reasonable discussion don't you?

You dont take much note of the details of the contents do you? That article says Rangers are 'back' into the top flight, it also talks about Celtic being a spent force.

From his point of view it was a bad link to post.

If you miss glaring details like that please forgive me for thinking you may be missing the big picture in the club licensing rules.

didnt even bother reading it, i assumed it was the one article which backs the new club argument from three or 4 years ago as that is how the new club arguments go on here - im sure you and i are in broad agreement over the fifa stuff - they are news articles written for the site and dont reflect the official view of fifa - they are 5-1 in favour of the same club so i imagine you have no issues with my position over this?