Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

weve covered this numerous times before, i was there , i held up the red card, i knew however that liquidation wouldnt mena the end of the club as we had numerous interested buyers at that point, i wanted to avoid liquidation due to the many other negative consequences that it involved, possible demotion, loss of players due to tupe etc

What did you say to the 48k bears that were holding up a red card because they thought that liquidation meant the club dying?

I mean, to have such powerful knowledge. The ability to immediately ease some of the pain your fellow bears were going through.

You said something, right?

Sports Direct owner Mike Ashley could be forced to rip up his controversial commercial contracts with Rangers as a result of Newcastle United's relegation from the top flight of English football as the Football League is to investigate the full extent of his shareholding at the Ibrox club to discover if he is in breach of a raft of their strict regulations over association and dual interests. (Daily Record)

Whether you agree with him or not, you have to give credit to nacho for providing supporting documentation for his argument. And like it or not he has all the major footballing bodies on his side.

Yes he is blinkered to anything other than his preferred reading, but it's his team and we all get biased to our own teams. And I'd much rather have him debating on here than "blogs lol" or "you missed an apostrophe you brain dead diddy moron" type input from certain other Bears.

Sports Direct owner Mike Ashley could be forced to rip up his controversial commercial contracts with Rangers as a result of Newcastle United's relegation from the top flight of English football as the Football League is to investigate the full extent of his shareholding at the Ibrox club to discover if he is in breach of a raft of their strict regulations over association and dual interests. (Daily Record)

"raft". Journalists do speak a different language.

Whether you agree with him or not, you have to give credit to nacho for providing supporting documentation for his argument. And like it or not he has all the major footballing bodies on his side.

Yes he is blinkered to anything other than his preferred reading, but it's his team and we all get biased to our own teams. And I'd much rather have him debating on here than "blogs lol" or "you missed an apostrophe you brain dead diddy moron" type input from certain other Bears.

Agreed. It's a valiant and commendable effort. Bollocks of course, but some really good trying on his part.

Agreed, apart from the part where you say he has all the footballing bodies on his side. The arguments from both sides can be picked apart but the main points on the footballing bodies side are...

The SFA employed an independent panel to adjudicate on the rules regarding the transfer of arbitration with regard to the TUPE players. The panel ruled that the arbitration process did not transfer to the new club. New Rangers attempted to reestablish the arbitration process with the SFA but later dropped their attempts.

FIFA regulations on transfers state that players must be contracted to a club. FIFA allowed the international clearance of players who were contracted to Rangers.

UEFA state that it is not allowed for clubs to change entity whilst in an insolvency event. If a club changes entity in that case then they are dismissed from their FA. A club must be a member of an FA to be considered a club by UEFA.

The league bodies, SFL, SPL, and SPFL are the only ones who have given Rangers continuation any credence. All they are are companies who run/ran league competitions. It is/was in their interests to have one of their prime products kept alive. They are not authorities in the game.

There are arguments on both sides but as far as I can see all the associations involved have rules which suggest new club.

Edited by stonedsailor

Yes, it's true.

I actually quite like the apostrophe stuff, but yes, Nacho does at least strive to support his argument.

Where he comes down I think though, is that he's as inflexible as his opponents.

The likes of LNS have not offered a legal verdict on the new club debate because it's not a question that's been asked in that sphere and I can't see why it would be.

Citing all the bodies as if they've each reached an independent view is also disingenuous as most were happy to take a lead from the domestic ones that have done nothing to hide their vested interests.

I'll say it again. It's not entirely clear cut that Rangers are either brand new or almost a century and a half old. Those that insist on either position as being unequivocal, are being a bit daft.

Kerrydale Meltdown â€@KerryFail  3h3 hours ago
In correspondence with Celtic regarding Resolution 12, put forward the idea of retiring the number 12 jersey. Will keep the forum posted.

:lol:

Kerrydale Meltdown â€@KerryFail  4h4 hours ago
ALL CELTIC FANS, RETWEET!

I think at 12 minutes in 

sunday all the fans

should stand and

support resolution 12,

anti SFA CORRUPTION

and oppose continuity

myth..I'll get tweeting

:lol:

Oh look

@CQN are organising Res 12 newspaper ads for @guardian Neue Lurcher Zeitung. Support https://t.co/gvXBqhrcDzPls R/T https://t.co/4yE2iNglf7

Lolzers....

Twitter says this Twitter says that lolz

A wee birdie tells me that you've donated to help fund this latest advert....

How many newspaper adverts is this that The Grey and Green have taken out?

BTW, Bino is one of us.