Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Another important distinction is that Rugby League is currently configured as a modern, TV based construct anyway.  These clubs with silly names like Bulls and Rhinos are successors of ones like Bradford Northern.
Given the 'corruption' that's been allowed in the name of marketing anyway, there's perhaps less of a leap required to sacrifice sport once more at that altar.

As soon as they accepted the notion of voting teams into superleague rather than straight promotion / relegation the die was cast. I would suspect that many if the franchises are on the edge of the precipice financially and are heavily reliant on sky cash.

Rangers' managing director Stewart Robertson earned £233,000 in the last year, including a £53,000 bonus, as the club made a £3.3m loss. (Herald).

Hopefully not long till either they go belly up or honest Dave king opens the warchest

1 hour ago, scottxs said:

Rangers' managing director Stewart Robertson earned £233,000 in the last year, including a £53,000 bonus, as the club made a £3.3m loss. (Herald).

Hopefully not long till either they go belly up or honest Dave king opens the warchest

Fs wee scotty , long time no see . How was the Xmas and new year ?

Fs wee scotty , long time no see . How was the Xmas and new year ?

I've been on in here a few times. You've been too busy defending your club to notice tho.
And Xmas was good as was new year. I hope the festive period was good for you too.

2 hours ago, scottxs said:

There's a director at Aberdeen who gets significantly more and a director at another SPFL club who pulls down over £1 million, just to put matters in perspective.

4 minutes ago, Bearwithme said:

There's a director at Aberdeen who gets significantly more and a director at another SPFL club who pulls down over £1 million, just to put matters in perspective.

Did they get big bonuses as well?

Also be good to know how much Duncan Fraser gets, the Chief Exec i'm presuming you're talking about. Couldn't see it on the Annual Report. 

28 minutes ago, Bearwithme said:

Makes you wonder who is leaking this to the Press, and why??

Those people may get more but are the clubs in question posting massive losses?

Rugby is not filled with as much hatred and bitterness as football , sure one of Bradford Bulls biggest rivals actually donated money to them a few years ago when they were in financial trouble . Not entirely sure if it was Bradford Bulls , might have been another one of the major teams . The reality is in regards to the whole rangers situations , people on both sides got whipped into an media driven frenzy wether it was the "we are the people, sink us and we will sink you " side of the arguement or the "pyoor cheating b*****ds, strip the titles " side of the arguement . Some as this thread unfortunately shows on a regular basis are still stuck in this frenzied stated which is unfortunate for them 

Hate to disagree.. I can see no grey area.
Rangers as they sit are a new club.
All titles belong to the old club.
The old club should keep these title IMO

And the debate on which sport it is (football or rugby league) makes no difference.

In business, liquidation is liquidation.

Or am I not getting it ?

6 minutes ago, bobbycoxblue said:

And the debate on which sport it is (football or rugby league) makes no difference.

Or am I not getting it ?

All DOS / EBT fuelled title wins were  achieved by cheating and should have been declared void. IMO.

1 hour ago, bobbycoxblue said:

Or am I not getting it ?

I am not discussing grey areas or what you personsally thing in regards to how you view rangers/ sevco or whatever you want to call us . The point is that Bradford Bulls will probably be allowed back into the premiership with little or no fuss from opposition or their own fans 

Edited by Forever_blueco

I am not discussing grey areas or what you personsally thing in regards to how you view rangers/ sevco or whatever you want to call us . The point is that Bradford Bulls will probably be allowed back into the premiership with little or no fuss from opposition or their own fans 

NO GREY AREAS... that was the point.
I do "want" to call you anything in particular . I HAVE to call you sevco.

8 minutes ago, bobbycoxblue said:

NO GREY AREAS... that was the point.
I do "want" to call you anything in particular . I HAVE to call you sevco.

Again this is heading down the same old arguement which has been debated day after day on here for nearly 5 years and completely missed my original point . 

1 minute ago, shull said:

Very different from what happened with Rangers on the sporting side. The Bradford rugby league club has ceased to play whereas with Rangers the football club did not. With Bradford the sport's authorities have called for bids for a brand new club and there are 10 parties interested in setting up a totally new sports club. That didn't happen with Rangers.

4 minutes ago, Bearwithme said:

Very different from what happened with Rangers on the sporting side. The Bradford rugby league club has ceased to play whereas with Rangers the football club did not. With Bradford the sport's authorities have called for bids for a brand new club and there are 10 parties interested in setting up a totally new sports club. That didn't happen with Rangers.

The Team presently playing at Ibrox was born in 2012. ( absolutely fecking brand new then ) :lol:

Get used to it.:)