Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

3 hours ago, BobWilliamson said:

Some know exactly where we are. Rangers need to concentrate in establishing themselves as the best of the rest. Not quite there yet but won't be far away come May.

If they can establish themselves there then they have to find a sustainable financial model and protect the long term future of the club.

Rangers should never put themselves back in financial trouble no matter what that means. If Celtic win 6 , 7 ,8 ...,12,15 in a row then so be it. Anybody wanting the club to run up debt chasing an impossible dream is just nuts!!

But will the likes of Wattie and McCall along with the Daily Rangers allow it ?  Once they start bleating , the mental cases in your support start jumping on the bandwagon putting pressure on the club...........And before you know it King pulls in all his dodgy mates to "fund it all "  .   Just like having the Oldco back again !!  

23 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

But will the likes of Wattie and McCall along with the Daily Rangers allow it ?  Once they start bleating , the mental cases in your support start jumping on the bandwagon putting pressure on the club...........And before you know it King pulls in all his dodgy mates to "fund it all "  .   Just like having the Oldco back again !!  

That's fine as long as McCall and Kings mates never want to see any return on their 'investment'. It has worked across the City with Desmond and his mates.

The problem with this business model is there are not many Desmond's out there who was prepared to spend whatever was needed to set up the club. 

Rangers need to grow on and off the park. Bring in players and sell them on. They don't have to go for huge profits but we have to stop signing Bartons, Senderos and the likes on thousands a week with absolutely zero sell on value.

Need to broker a deal with Ashley regarding the merchandise deal. 

We need supporters to sell out every game at Ibrox. I believe the ticket sales for the upcoming Motherwell cup game are poor yet we are taking 6-8,000 on a piss up to Leipzig!!

The scouting has been vastly improved but this is where the future gems will come from.

It is never going to happen overnight and most realise this and the nutters among the support can shout and scream all they want. Rangers can never go down the road of the Oldco.

That's fine as long as McCall and Kings mates never want to see any return on their 'investment'. It has worked across the City with Desmond and his mates.
The problem with this business model is there are not many Desmond's out there who was prepared to spend whatever was needed to set up the club. 
Rangers need to grow on and off the park. Bring in players and sell them on. They don't have to go for huge profits but we have to stop signing Bartons, Senderos and the likes on thousands a week with absolutely zero sell on value.
We need supporters to sell out every game at Ibrox. I believe the ticket sales for the upcoming Motherwell cup game are poor yet we are taking 6-8,000 on a piss up to Leipzig!!
The scouting has been vastly improved but this is where the future gems will come from.
It is never going to happen overnight and most realise this and the nutters among the support can shout and scream all they want. Rangers can never go down the road of the Oldco.

Sanity.

16 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

Agree with everything you say however the cup game against Motherwell was never going to sell out as it just has not been the case for x amount of seasons now . Even the quarter final against Dundee last season was only 35000. Just the way it has been even long before 2012 in regards to our cup fixtures at Ibrox , does my tits in aswell 

1 minute ago, BobWilliamson said:

I think the turning point at Celtic was when Fergus McCann entered the fray.  He had a genuine 5 year plan to put Celtic on a solid footing. He built a stadium , invested smartly , took his time investing in the team and walked away with exactly the amount of money he said he would.  Desmond just carried on with the plans Fergus laid down.  It also helped that these people genuinely had Celtic's interests at heart. Rangers tried to emulate what they thought was the same business plan but David Murray soon found out that the people he thought he could trust were all sheisters. 

After liquidation, there was a need for a Fergus type figure to emerge, but it seems   that despite the claims of having the best and biggest fanbase in the world , not one credible candidate came forward.  

That speaks volumes. 

7 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Agree with everything you say however the cup game against Motherwell was never going to sell out as it just has not been the case for x amount of seasons now . Even the quarter final against Dundee last season was only 35000. Just the way it has been even long before 2012 in regards to our cup fixtures at Ibrox , does my tits in aswell 

Whatever happened in the past has to be forgotten now. If we are not willing to invest our own money in the clubs future then we have no right asking for others to invest.

If it was Celtic you bet it would be sold out!!

The club are desperate for money and cup games are one time we can give our club the cash injection it needs.

11 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

Whatever happened in the past has to be forgotten now. If we are not willing to invest our own money in the clubs future then we have no right asking for others to invest.

If it was Celtic you bet it would be sold out!!

The club are desperate for money and cup games are one time we can give our club the cash injection it needs.

Does this not worry you that you have highlighted the type of "support" your club  have attracted ?  

Edited by theoriginalhedge

6 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Does this not worry you that you have highlighted the type of "support" your club  have attracted ?  

I go to every game at Ibrox and that's all I can do at the moment. I encourage the other lads I go with to buy their cup tickets.

If others choose not to go then fine. As long as they remember when they had the chance to help the club out they were busy doing something else.

Obviously you don't know me but believe me I am going to be there regardless. I hope the support stand by the club but only time will tell. If they don't then as far as I am concerned they were true supporters in the first place.

11 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

I go to every game at Ibrox and that's all I can do at the moment. I encourage the other lads I go with to buy their cup tickets.

If others choose not to go then fine. As long as they remember when they had the chance to help the club out they were busy doing something else.

Obviously you don't know me but believe me I am going to be there regardless. I hope the support stand by the club but only time will tell. If they don't then as far as I am concerned they were true supporters in the first place.

I think the support has been the only positive and consistent part of the last 5 years . It is up to mr King and co to keep the support on side as they only way support was dwindle is if he continues to backtrack on his words and no real investment is seen to me made in the playing side and I am not talking millions upon millions, I just mean safe and sensible signings which have not been evident this season and we continue to play second fiddle to Celtic without any hint of a challenge then you might see attendances dwindle  . We need to see continued improvement on a season by season basis and king needs to show that honesty and transparency he promised when he was brought in . If he is never going to invest seriously in the playing side then let us know where we stand instead of boasting of 30 million pound war chests and whatever 

Edited by Forever_blueco

6 minutes ago, The Tedi said:

A piss up in Leipzig is much more appealing than meeting teams in cup games that we already play 4 times a season, in Motherwell's case probably 5  I like what the SPFL has done with the play offs but they should have went further.

We play them twice in a week 

1 hour ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Desmond just carried on with the plans Fergus laid down.  It also helped that these people genuinely had Celtic's interests at heart. Rangers tried to emulate what they thought was the same business plan but David Murray soon found out that the people he thought he could trust were all sheisters. 

That's an absurdly sympathetic reading of Murray's role in it all.

He was the ultimate shyster in the entire tale.

It's a depressing phenomenon of modern big clubs that sees Cup ties get the smallest crowds.

It's regrettable, but it's got a lot more to do with consumer behaviour, seated stadia and the prevalence of season tickets than it does anything peculiar to Rangers.  It's just the same with Celtic and in England.

8 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It's a depressing phenomenon of modern big clubs that sees Cup ties get the smallest crowds.

It's regrettable, but it's got a lot more to do with consumer behaviour, seated stadia and the prevalence of season tickets than it does anything peculiar to Rangers.  It's just the same with Celtic and in England.

Can any of the older bears confirm if season tickets have ever included cup games ? Obviously never been the case in my 6 years of owning and paying my own , obviously before that my old man paid it for me going through school 

Edited by Forever_blueco

54 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Can any of the older bears confirm if season tickets have ever included cup games ? Obviously never been the case in my 6 years of owning and paying my own , obviously before that my old man paid it for me going through school 

I'd imagine probably not, but others might correct me.

The difference is though that in bygone days, most fans didn't have season tickets.  It meant that crowds fluctuated week to week, far more than tends to be the case at big clubs now.

I can see why there's what feels like a need for people to buy season tickets at such clubs now, given demand and capacities limited by seating.  I can't help feeling that it also however, owes a great deal to the triumph of marketing.  

It really surprises me that so many fans at clubs like mine buy season tickets these days.  I know plenty do it as a self conscious statement of loyalty, but it strikes me as unnecessary.  I don't want my support to be unconditional, taken for granted and I think the way we're forced to consume football just now, creates a bit of that.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

22 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

They were included as well as reserve games. SDM soon put an end to that as we had to pay clubs their share of gate money. TBH I can understand that but would still like to see the Under 20 games if I wanted but most seem to be played at Stirling these days

53 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

That's an absurdly sympathetic reading of Murray's role in it all.

He was the ultimate shyster in the entire tale.

Quite correct . I was just trying to  state the case that Celtic had a long term plan started by McCann  and Rangers tried desperately without one.  This is what most Rangers fans fail to see.   Money was wasted like water down a drain without any future planning .........just as long as they were seen to be spending more than Celtic. The fact that Celtic have never been in any financial difficulty since Fergus left is no coincidence.  

I wasn't going to bore people with what has been said before about Murray.  The "Rangers men"  round about him were equally compliant in that they expected Murray just to bankroll everything without actually committing too much themselves. 

Quite frankly , reading the shite in the papers the last couple of days it will only be a matter of time before the whole cycle repeats itself. Rangers' whole existence after all is to be better than Celtic. Nothing else matters. 

8 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Quite correct . I was just trying to  state the case that Celtic had a long term plan started by McCann  and Rangers tried desperately without one.  This is what most Rangers fans fail to see.   Money was wasted like water down a drain without any future planning .........just as long as they were seen to be spending more than Celtic. The fact that Celtic have never been in any financial difficulty since Fergus left is no coincidence.  

I wasn't going to bore people with what has been said before about Murray.  The "Rangers men"  round about him were equally compliant in that they expected Murray just to bankroll everything without actually committing too much themselves. 

Quite frankly , reading the shite in the papers the last couple of days it will only be a matter of time before the whole cycle repeats itself. Rangers' whole existence after all is to be better than Celtic. Nothing else matters. 

Yes, fair enough.

It just sounded a bit like Murray was being excused on account of shouldering a burden by himself.  Nobody did more to create that burden, then sheepishly shift it to whoever.

34 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

They were included as well as reserve games. SDM soon put an end to that as we had to pay clubs their share of gate money. TBH I can understand that but would still like to see the Under 20 games if I wanted but most seem to be played at Stirling these days

Were Scottish Cup games really on the season ticket until the late 1980s?  Was that the case elsewhere too?  What about European games?

I'd have thought the difficulty with Cup ties wouldn't have just been gate sharing, but uncertainty about how many games there might be.