Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

14 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Carry on wrangling over a punter and a bookie, you two.  That you both reckon it affects my clubs' status is to your joint chagrin.  

I think that the use of apostrophes is sometimes indicative of a poor grasp of grammar. Not in your case, however: so I'm surprised that no diddy has leapt on this one as proof of a subliminal acceptance that the new and old clubs are separate entities.

;)

Hmm, that's supposed to be a cheeky wink [sic]. Looks like someone's having a stroke [sic].

48 minutes ago, davied85 said:

Sorry decorated .u nothing better to do than look whats getting wrote on rangers threads. U shld b watching the game to see if u can hear any songs that u can moan about

Nah, I am obsessed.

Saw a video of your lot singing about the RAF shooting down German bombers whilst they were in a pub in Germany. I thought it was quite amusing. The only complaint I would have was that I thought the tempo was a little too fast.

Edited by stonedsailor

8 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

My discussion with Bob started way before this irrelevant bookie shite that you have latched on to . I see your tactics though .  Divert from the real stuff by boring people to death for three pages .

Sorry TOH. Here is the Warburton Interview and the OPs comments at the bottom...............

From the Mail:
Please don’t put this as me against Walter,’ Warburton said. ‘Far from it. I’ ve got enormous respect for Walter and he’s a great help to me. But my personal opinion is that, from where this club has been, it’s important that it builds strong, solid financial foundations.
I don’t think, in the current market, you can afford to go and buy your way out trouble, spending money that you haven’t got. That’s not said in a derogatory way to the club. Far from it.
‘But I think we’ve got to be very prudent in what we do going forward. If that means there is a bit of frustration, I think the vast majority of fans understand that. 
‘From where the club has been, and where it needs to get back to, it needs to be done in a very prudent and astute manner
I said at the AGM, the one commodity that the young boys need is time. And that’s the one commodity at a club like Rangers, with the expectation, that is not easily allotted. But we have to look at time.
‘If we can do that then I think we will be okay but what we can’t do is go and splash money.
‘If we had £5m do you think it would make a difference in the market?
‘Look at (Brentford striker Scott) Hogan. He’s had two cruciates but £12m-£14m isn’t getting him

An absolutely brilliant and timely message from our manager. I have more confidence in him now than ever. He gets it, knows what we want and how we will get it. Short term pain for long term gain.
Well done!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I only read the first two pages of that thread but every single Rangers fan supported this statement

3 hours ago, BobWilliamson said:

Sorry TOH. Here is the Warburton Interview and the OPs comments at the bottom...............

From the Mail:
Please don’t put this as me against Walter,’ Warburton said. ‘Far from it. I’ ve got enormous respect for Walter and he’s a great help to me. But my personal opinion is that, from where this club has been, it’s important that it builds strong, solid financial foundations.
I don’t think, in the current market, you can afford to go and buy your way out trouble, spending money that you haven’t got. That’s not said in a derogatory way to the club. Far from it.
‘But I think we’ve got to be very prudent in what we do going forward. If that means there is a bit of frustration, I think the vast majority of fans understand that. 
‘From where the club has been, and where it needs to get back to, it needs to be done in a very prudent and astute manner
I said at the AGM, the one commodity that the young boys need is time. And that’s the one commodity at a club like Rangers, with the expectation, that is not easily allotted. But we have to look at time.
‘If we can do that then I think we will be okay but what we can’t do is go and splash money.
‘If we had £5m do you think it would make a difference in the market?
‘Look at (Brentford striker Scott) Hogan. He’s had two cruciates but £12m-£14m isn’t getting him

An absolutely brilliant and timely message from our manager. I have more confidence in him now than ever. He gets it, knows what we want and how we will get it. Short term pain for long term gain.
Well done!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I only read the first two pages of that thread but every single Rangers fan supported this statement

Impressive stuff indeed.  Had this statement been made on that historic day at Glebe park in 2012 I think it would have won over a few doubters.

I said 5 years ago that this was the most sensible approach which would bring back some credability , but I was shot down time and again from just about every Rangers fan I spoke to..  Why ?  Because fat Sally  was in charge .  He is a Rangers man .  You fucking diddies know f**k all.  Ally will turn things around cos he learned from Walter !  

The sad thing about all of this is that most likely Warburton will start to turn things around at a club who don't deserve it because of the fickle glory hunting fans and ex players and managers who didn't see the shysters trying desperately to kill their club.   Us diddies harped on and on about it yet the masses were in denial , some still are. 

What will happen when Warburton moves on though ?  He seems to be the sensible outsider keeping things in check.  It will be interesting.  Keep the rangers men well away because it seems their ignorance is what got you into trouble in the first place. 

My biggest fear is we go down the fan ownership road that King has talked about. I fear the fans put in charge will listen to those who shout the loudest.

One day Rangers will be able to spend reasonable money but first we have to bring through decent standard of youngsters and sell them on to the EPL. The likes of Barrie McKay and hopefully Rossiter will move on for significant fees and then a percentage of those fees can be reinvested in the playing squad. 

10 hours ago, BobWilliamson said:

My biggest fear is we go down the fan ownership road that King has talked about. I fear the fans put in charge will listen to those who shout the loudest.

One day Rangers will be able to spend reasonable money but first we have to bring through decent standard of youngsters and sell them on to the EPL. The likes of Barrie McKay and hopefully Rossiter will move on for significant fees and then a percentage of those fees can be reinvested in the playing squad. 

Can you not see a future for Barrie McKay and Rossiter at the club ?  This is what I tried to say 5 years ago.  IMO if the team was built round players like these with a sprinkling of experienced guys like Miller (who are obviously not the mercenary type ) back then , I reckon you lot would have been in a far better position now with money saved from all the over paid hangers on.  But in your defence you did have Sally ,  desperately trying to avoid his pay being cut ,  along with McDowell , Durant and co so the old Rangers habits were bound to hold you back. 

Saying that , it has given us diddies a source of fun over the time, listening to all the excuses .  :lol:

19 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Can you not see a future for Barrie McKay and Rossiter at the club ?  This is what I tried to say 5 years ago.  IMO if the team was built round players like these with a sprinkling of experienced guys like Miller (who are obviously not the mercenary type ) back then , I reckon you lot would have been in a far better position now with money saved from all the over paid hangers on.  But in your defence you did have Sally ,  desperately trying to avoid his pay being cut ,  along with McDowell , Durant and co so the old Rangers habits were bound to hold you back. 

Saying that , it has given us diddies a source of fun over the time, listening to all the excuses .  :lol:

I have kinda noticed that certain people on here have enjoyed our demise. The likes of the Sailor and one or two others try and hide it but i have seen through them ;)

Ach fair play. It is football and you cant beat a bit of oneupmanship and having a wee laugh at others misfortunes. 

As for Barrie McKay and Rossiter. I would love to see them having a long and successful career at Ibrox but we are not at a point where we can hope to keep them. We should enjoy watching them while we can and then cash in on them IF the money is right. Before they go i would like to see the likes of Senderos, Tavernier and possibly Waghorn sold on / released. 

It wont be overnight success but a slow , patient building process but hopefully with Warburtons connections and an improving scouting set up it is achievable. 

3 hours ago, Greenlantern said:

1.8mil for Garner tho. Offft! emoji1.png

About the same as Celtic paid for Ciftci. About the same as Celtic paid for Boyota. A Million for Gamboa although i honestly have no idea who Gamboa is.

And so on And so On......

We could all pick out transfers like these.

Joey Garner is a far superior player to Ciftci and was actually playing well before his injury.

6 hours ago, BobWilliamson said:

I have kinda noticed that certain people on here have enjoyed our demise. The likes of the Sailor and one or two others try and hide it but i have seen through them ;)

Ach fair play. It is football and you cant beat a bit of oneupmanship and having a wee laugh at others misfortunes. 

I don't hide the fact I have delighted in your demise. I take it that smilie is to show sarcasm?

Glad you are coming to terms with the situation though. 

Screenshot_20170116-174110.png

About the same as Celtic paid for Ciftci. About the same as Celtic paid for Boyota. A Million for Gamboa although i honestly have no idea who Gamboa is.
And so on And so On......
We could all pick out transfers like these.
Joey Garner is a far superior player to Ciftci and was actually playing well before his injury.

Spectacularly missed the point, we're minted. You'd punt Tavernier, Waghorn McKay etc...but keep hold of Garner??

Weir recalls being signed by Smith in January 2007 as a 37-year-old. "I remember walking into a Rangers side which was shipping goals and getting slaughtered because they were basically hopeless and couldn't defend," he says. "Pretty much the same situation as now!" (Scotsman)

Wow. That'll go down well with the orcs

https://mobile.twitter.com/jamesdoleman

Interesting evidence from the punter so far.

Placed the bet after reading Phil macmadeupname's blog.

Edited by stonedsailor

Reading those tweets, you can see the narrative from coral.  Their argument is relegation bets require the team to finish bottom f the league and not through liquidation.  Their terms and conditions back then didn't mention that however.

19 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

Reading those tweets, you can see the narrative from coral.  Their argument is relegation bets require the team to finish bottom f the league and not through liquidation.  Their terms and conditions back then didn't mention that however.

There was also an email brought into evidence from Coral to the punter declaring that Rangers were not relegated due to being a new club. To add context the email was brought into evidence by the punter to show how Coral were changing their reasons for not paying out. So far what you are reading as the narrative is in reply to the punter's evidence.

I guess we to wait until Coral get their people on the stand before we see what their narrative actually is, I suspect they will attack from all angles.

Edited by stonedsailor