Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

4 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

So when can we be expecting administration now ?:whistle

Don't ask me, I don't read Celtic blogs. My bullshit detector kicked in while I was reading the Daily Record article on the subject, so I thought I'd have a wee look at what the accounts actually said.

Here's Bennett, anyhoo, I'm sure he'll be able to tell us what Phil McThingy's saying about it.

35 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Amazing how a £238,000 loss can get spun, isn't it?

https://media.rangers.co.uk/uploads/2017/03/RIFCInterimDec16-1.pdf

I'm not an expert but I thought this lot had made a loss since their inception, I also thought you could only carry losses forward for so long for taxation purposes.  Yet these accounts are showing a 40k tax benefit.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

I'm not an expert but I thought this lot had made a loss since their inception, I also thought you could only carry losses forward for so long for taxation purposes.  Yet these accounts are showing a 40k tax benefit.

It's an asset for now so they are fine to have it there (Dr Tax Asset, Cr Tax PL), whether they ever get to use it is another thing entirely.   Sorry wrong thread.

<Insert hilarious jibe about Rangers not paying their taxes>

"the return to the SPFL Premiership this season; generating a £0.8m increase in the central funds received by the Club"

Without getting into a new/old club argument, Rangers "then/now/whoever" have never played in the SPFL Premiership.

"the return to the SPFL Premiership this season; generating a £0.8m increase in the central funds received by the Club"

Without getting into a new/old club argument, Rangers "then/now/whoever" have never played in the SPFL Premiership.

Is the top flight still the same entity under a new name?

That's a whole different philosophical argument about continuous identity.

4 hours ago, bennett said:

I've a feeling that the QC will be back on tonight to run his expert eye over the half yearly results..?

Aw bless, you put in a mention for me. :)

How the feck do you expect me to make an expert analysis with such little detail to go by?

All I can say is?, I smell shite and bullshit shite at that, I'm assuming these figures have been financially massaged to the point they will say whatever the board want it to say. Even if a loss is exposed they still call it a profit FFS! :lol:

3 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

It's never stopped you in the past, to be honest. :P

Sorry to state otherwise Joey, but at least I had a full set of accounts to nit pick at full of glorious details otherwise omitted from the latest set of unaudited ones.

Wonderful smoke and mirrors at work imo.

Just now, hellbhoy said:

Sorry to state otherwise Joey, but at least I had a full set of accounts to nit pick at full of glorious details otherwise omitted from the latest set of unaudited ones.

Wonderful smoke and mirrors at work imo.

We'll try and get the thread back on track/tack (delete as appropriate). Let's go with what we've got/haven't got, then:

£451k 'Other Charges'? Any idea? £69k loss on disposal of Fixed Assets? What have they sold at a loss? No Balance Sheet whatsoever? Why would they do that?

Remember they have zero obligation to publish anything (AFAIK). All very strange.

Just now, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

We'll try and get the thread back on track/tack (delete as appropriate). Let's go with what we've got/haven't got, then:

£451k 'Other Charges'? Any idea? £69k loss on disposal of Fixed Assets? What have they sold at a loss? No Balance Sheet whatsoever? Why would they do that?

Remember they have zero obligation to publish anything (AFAIK). All very strange.

£451K in other charges have surely got to be severance payments "Joey Barton" or legal fees and possibly repayment of loans. But then again not much to go by.

£69K? maybe they offloaded Edminston House or some other land asset they acquired during Green's tenure?

One thing is for fucking sure here, the board have definitely hidden monies by just putting them into one basket and call it a loss of some sort without needing to go into any detail.

Operating expenses? up by over £5 million? Looks like the players wage budget went up by more than a few million or more.

This is why the lying King got the club/company de-listed from the stock exchange, so he could hide any dirty going ons behind an unaudited set of accounts. For all we know he has deliberately omitted and delayed any other debt so that it didn't feature in this set of accounts but will appear sometime later this year when the new season has already begun and ST's have already been sold and allocated to pay off any lies no one knows about, YET.

Personally!, I definitely smell some nifty financial manipulation and creative accounting to paint things in a far better light than the darkness they hide. I may be proven right. :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

£451K in other charges have surely got to be severance payments "Joey Barton" or legal fees and possibly repayment of loans. But then again not much to go by.

£69K? maybe they offloaded Edminston House or some other land asset they acquired during Green's tenure?

One thing is for fucking sure here, the board have definitely hidden monies by just putting them into one basket and call it a loss of some sort without needing to go into any detail.

Operating expenses? up by over £5 million? Looks like the players wage budget went up by more than a few million or more.

This is why the lying King got the club/company de-listed from the stock exchange, so he could hide any dirty going ons behind an unaudited set of accounts. For all we know he has deliberately omitted and delayed any other debt so that it didn't feature in this set of accounts but will appear sometime later this year when the new season has already begun and ST's have already been sold and allocated to pay off any lies no one knows about, YET.

Personally!, I definitely smell some nifty financial manipulation and creative accounting to paint things in a far better light than the darkness they hide. I may be proven right. :rolleyes:

HBCA is back!

ETA: Going by where the £451k sits, it can't be the severance payments, they'd be in with the loss on disposal of Player Registrations, and loan repayments wouldn't hit the P&L at all (other than interest payments which will be in finance costs). In conclusion, nae idea, but it's a pretty chunky amount to cover with a description that could mean absolutely anything.

Edited by Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo