Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

On 2017-7-6 at 21:28, The_Kincardine said:

There is no longer a league operated by the SFL  It was bullied in to submission by the then SPL for one reason only - Rangers' media rights - so to ask the SPFL to investigate us is brazenly ignorant (not that I'm suggesting you're saying this).

The SPFL is the product of greed on the part of the then SPL members who knew their own league would have been bankrupt in our absence (not the same as individual clubs' bankruptcy for the slow of thinking).  As the excellent Jim Ballantyne said:

So if there is any blood-letting over the BTC (and there is no reason for it) I'd like a 360 view which takes cognisance of the fact that the (then) SPL clubs exploited our demise to save their own league and enrich themselves at the same time.

I accept that what happened to the SFL was essentially a takeover and I'd have preferred if the balance of the merger had been in the opposite direction.

I absolutely welcome the fact that we now have one governing body for our national league structure though and the improved (though still imperfect) financial redistribution, relaxed stadium criteria and creation of play-offs that has resultantly accompanied it.

I don't for one moment accept however that you have the slightest genuine regret over the demise of the SFL.  The real damage was done to that organisation in 1998 and that is not something that has apparently troubled you.   Once more, you're attempting to deflect from the matter at hand and your tactics are transparent.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

I'm surprised that the people who supported Rangers before they went bust aren't more annoyed with the wealthy people who put in place an elaborate tax avoidance scheme and through their greed ultimately sunk their club. 

Instead they seem to be fuming with clubs who transparently paid their players what they said they were going to and paid the taxman accordingly.

They may not want to see title stripping but if I'd sunk thousands of pounds into an institution and some guy drove it into the ground while pocketing millions I'd want to see some knighthood stripping.

Edited by The OP

53 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

You keep saying this as if it must be the end of the matter.  Perhaps it actually must, but how unsatisfactory is that?  

Yes, they were found guilty, but the sentence given did not remotely reflect the scale and nature of the offence.  That should, morally at least, be revisited.  I honestly don't know if it can be or not, but the question certainly deserves to be raised.

I'm not even fishing here, but I'm genuinely baffled that you'd apparently want to keep such titles.  I know what the stereotypical Rangers fan is like and why he'd want to cling on regardless.  I know also that you and plenty others don't conform to said stereotype though, so I don't get why some innate sense of fair play and some innate sense of pride doesn't kick in here.

Tell me honestly:  Why do you want Rangers to retain the titles in question, especially given that the club has won dozens of others entirely legitimately?

In short, it's because Celtic would be only 1, possibly 2 titles behind them.  That's all that matters to them, staying ahead of Celtic in titles won.

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Gosh, I'd anticipated at least an attempt.

You're effectively admitting then that there are no actual arguments in favour of Rangers retaining the titles - it's just that you'd like them to.

What part of no sporting advantage are you struggling with?

3 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

If it's so obvious that Rangers didn't cheat, you'd think their fans would want some kind of overarching inquiry, if only to confirm that they didn't cheat once and for all.

But they're not keen on the idea, for some strange reason. Very odd, that.

12 minutes ago, flyingrodent said:

If it's so obvious that Rangers didn't cheat, you'd think their fans would want some kind of overarching inquiry, if only to confirm that they didn't cheat once and for all.

But they're not keen on the idea, for some strange reason. Very odd, that.

Pretty sure we've had that. They found there was no sporting advantage.

3 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

I don't think anyone in Scotland really believes that's true, not even you.

To be fair though, everyone in Scotland readily accepts that the Newco has no sporting advantage.

Are you capable of independent thought?

Explain in your own words why no advantage was gained through paying players you otherwise couldn't afford (David murrays words). Don't hide behind LNS please.

I just had the 'You can't have it both ways' argument with a *** I work with.  With regards to the titles and the debt.

His final reply? 'Aye we'll least we're not shite like Caley'.  This a boy born and bred in this very city.  That's the kind of people you're dealing with on this site.

27 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Are you capable of independent thought?

Explain in your own words why no advantage was gained through paying players you otherwise couldn't afford (David murrays words). Don't hide behind LNS please.

ok i'll give it a go how can there be a sporting advantage  when it's 11 v 11 on the park?

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

ok i'll give it a go how can there be a sporting advantage  when it's 11 v 11 on the park?

You know fine well that's not what is meant by sporting advantage.

Or am I being whooshed here?

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Im being a rangers fan that cant see past his nose 

Yep I thought it was maybe a jibe.  You've nailed it tbf.

2 hours ago, BobWilliamson said:

None of it.

I know that it's nonsense in this context though.  I think you do too, but that the wording suits your spectacularly needy and alarmingly childish purposes.

21 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

None of it.

I know that it's nonsense in this context though.  I think you do too, but that the wording suits your spectacularly needy and alarmingly childish purposes.

All we did was put better players on the park if we lived in monaco there wouldn't be a problem?

59 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I just had the 'You can't have it both ways' argument with a *** I work with.  With regards to the titles and the debt.

His final reply? 'Aye we'll least we're not shite like Caley'.  This a boy born and bred in this very city.  That's the kind of people you're dealing with on this site.

Nah, that lad probably goes to games.