Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

First teamers with no resale value should certainly be getting released.

That's pretty much everyone except Edu and Wallace then...laugh.gif

Seriously though, there are very few of that squad who could commandeer a transfer fee. Shagger, possibly Naismith, Edu, Wallace, maybe that brute of a Romanian centre half, Whittaker and Davis...

Edited by Savage Henry

If I were a construction magnate I'd build Hearts a new Stadium

If I were an Aberdeen supporting Michelin starred restauranteur I'd make sure the pies at Pittodrie were the best in the world

If I were a Motherwell supporting professor of genetics I'd try and engineer a grass that would last the Fir Park winter

If I were a Ranger supporting career criminal I'd do what Craig Whyte is doing now

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

First teamers with no resale value should certainly be getting released.

Issue is that if you make redundant anyone while in administation you are still liable for the redundancy costs, or the payout on the rest of the contract if it is a fixed term like a Player (so only saving on just keeping for the rest of the season would be a bit of NI and Tax as you can make a lump sum payment ex of Tax as a payoff.......However if you are in Liquidation that Company does NOT have the Liability for the redundancy...The Government does!!

In most administrations the pattern has been that the big ticket players costing the most money are the first out the door. It only leaves a youth team behind, but if Rangers have (cheap) players to complete a season in which there is nothing left to play for on the park, that will be enough to satisfy the footballing authorities.

These are Whyte-appointed administrators though and after their slippery and evasive performance at last week's press conference I am skeptical that this will be just another routine football administration.

Issue is that if you make redundant anyone while in administation you are still liable for the redundancy costs, or the payout on the rest of the contract if it is a fixed term like a Player

Why then did Motherwell ditch big earners like Greg Strong when they went into admin?

Issue is that if you make redundant anyone while in administation you are still liable for the redundancy costs, or the payout on the rest of the contract if it is a fixed term like a Player (so only saving on just keeping for the rest of the season would be a bit of NI and Tax as you can make a lump sum payment ex of Tax as a payoff.......However if you are in Liquidation that Company does NOT have the Liability for the redundancy...The Government does!!

Are you sure?

I thought the main reason Well went in to administration was to do exactly that?

Geoff Brown sooking in with the bigots now:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17106764

sad, really.

But Brown's chairmanship (1986-2012) coincided exactly with the period of time when Scottish football allowed itself to be organised for the OF's benefit, and the mistaken belief that a "strong OF = strong Scottish game". The evidence is absolutely the opposite, if anything. And were they grateful? Were they f**k. All we have heard in the last few seasons is an annual whine-a-thon about the lack of money (the OF had sucked the Scottish game dry and there was no more) and how they wanted to move to England because it was a better league, but weren't allowed to.

There's a real chance that that mindset could unravel, now, with the current Rangers crisis.

Why then did Motherwell ditch big earners like Greg Strong when they went into admin?

I am only telling you what the facts are...that if you make redundant in an Admin situation the company is liable...in a liquidation senario they are not.

Motherwell was a more controlled administration that RFC so the money men their would have assessed the pros and cons on cash flow on a case by case basis, i would think.

I very much doubt any are on 20k / week. When they tried to re-sign Miller last season before his ill-fated move to Turkey, the offer on the table was 18k / week. Think that's the maximum Rangers could afford (last) season.

It's been stated publicly that Davis, McGregor and (unbelievably) Whittaker are the 3 on 20k and upwards per week. Giving players like Whittaker that kind of money suggest the lunatics have been in charge of this particular assylum for quite a while.

Giving players like Whittaker that kind of money suggest the lunatics have been in charge of this particular assylum for quite a while.

Wasn't Whittaker's new contract approved by Whyte?

Now, have a think... why would Whyte be quite happy to approve any contract at all really for a player in the summer?

Didn't Strong and co become creditors along with everyone else when released? Forced to accept 2p in the pound?

I'm pretty sure that's correct.

And not inconsistent with the position that the company is 'responsible' - really ironic choice of word when you consider what happened then and what is happening now.

It's been stated publicly that Davis, McGregor and (unbelievably) Whittaker are the 3 on 20k and upwards per week. Giving players like Whittaker that kind of money suggest the lunatics have been in charge of this particular assylum for quite a while.

Interesting- I did wonder about McGregor, but surprised at the other two.

Didn't Strong and co become creditors along with everyone else when released? Forced to accept 2p in the pound?

Players are not normal unsecured creditors, due to SPL and SFA rules.

If you have a contract then in administration the contract is still valid, it is up to the Adminstrator / the holder of the contract to either negotiate or stand by their contract.

For those now totally baffled by all of this, can someone please advise if this latest twist is good or bad for Rangers and why?

I'm thinking along the lines that if Ticketus have been ripped off it's been by Whyte and not RFC as the deal was done before his takeover, and if it's not secured (as I've seen suggested) then Rangers can sell season tickets for their own benefit.

For those now totally baffled by all of this, can someone please advise if this latest twist is good or bad for Rangers and why?

I'm thinking along the lines that if Ticketus have been ripped off it's been by Whyte and not RFC as the deal was done before his takeover, and if it's not secured (as I've seen suggested) then Rangers can sell season tickets for their own benefit.

TicketUS are not daft....they will have a security somewhere just not a Standard one e.g Fixed or Floating charge that would be in the public domain, the Admin guys will be trying to find and assess if it is enforcable.

My guess is tey have the right to ticket sales tied to the premises of Ibrox so that no matter what company ends up playing there they can sell the tickets, and so get their money back.

If they were daft enough tohave taken an unsecured position when a simple google search would have sent the alarm bells ringing then frankly it is their own fault.