Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I appreciate that Wishart may be unaware of how bad things actually are, Duff & Phelps are keeping everybody in the dark over that, but surely he must have been given some sort of idea in order to go to the players and bargain with them.

It has to be remembered also that football players(especially those on high wages) don`t live in the same world as the rest of us when it comes to money. Many of Rangers players come from overseas countries & until joining the club would perhaps never even heard of them. They are not really going to care about what happens to the club going forward. They are in it for the hard cash.

I appreciate that about the players but I still don't think it in any way makes this their fault. Let's be honest, there was nothing they could have done to save £1 mill a month short of playing for nothing and to say they're as much to blame as Whyte, Smith etc is just farcical. Even with the £4.5 million saving, which is just to keep the club going to the end of the season had they chosen to play without pay, rangers are still in massive trouble and if rangers fans actually want to pin that on this current group of players forever they're sadly deluded.

Edit to change Murray to Smith before anyone pulls me up for it!

Edited by Jussy

I appreciate that about the players but I still don't think it in any way makes this their fault. Let's be honest, there was nothing they could have done to save £1 mill a month short of playing for nothing and to say they're as much to blame as Whyte, Smith etc is just farcical. Even with the £4.5 million saving, which is just to keep the club going to the end of the season had they chosen to play without pay, rangers are still in massive trouble and if rangers fans actually want to pin that on this current group of players forever they're sadly deluded.

Edit to change Murray to Smith before anyone pulls me up for it!

I`m in no way blaming the players, they were offered their contracts by RFC fair & square. What I`m trying to point out, is that players in the modern game are by & large mercenaries in the main. Many of them could probably care less about what happens to RFC going forward as long as they get paid.

The administrators have made a fine job of backing the players into a corner, then when Wishart says they are willing to take deferral on wages, Duff & Phelps turn round and say "aye well you know, that`s just not good enough".

I know you didn't suggest that, it was an earlier poster who said:

Liquidation is brought even closer with this intransigent move by the players, and if it reaches liquidation the players must carry the blame as much as Whyte, Smith and other hangers on.

I just think that's ridiculous, they're in a no win situation.

There's a big difference between doing that, and doing it knowing it's never going to get any better.

If you're saying would have, and it would have made no difference to you if Celtic never won the league again, then fair play to you...but I guess we'll never really know for sure.

dude, when i was a kid i didn't think Celtic would get near a championship.

even after mccann came in it took ages to have a real attempt at the league.

when i got into football the premier division was like a few mini leagues.

top:Rangers on their own

2nd:Aberdeen, Hearts and eventually Motherwell (Aberdeen almost always finished 2nd)

for last european place: Celtic, Motherwell, Dundee United, Hibs, i'm sure st johnstone finished ahead of us one year.

relegation fodder: the rest....

I`m in no way blaming the players, they were offered their contracts by RFC fair & square. What I`m trying to point out, is that players in the modern game are by & large mercenaries in the main. Many of them could probably care less about what happens to RFC going forward as long as they get paid.

The administrators have made a fine job of backing the players into a corner, then when Wishart says they are willing to take deferral on wages, Duff & Phelps turn round and say "aye well you know, that`s just not good enough".

I think the players there are making an honest effort to try and do the right thing. Wee bit of solidarity. Easy to be cynical but they've tried.

This saga is all very puzzling to put it mildly. Duff and Phelps will be making a fair bit of money out of this I would imagine.

What do they do all day?

I thought I was unproductive at work but these guys write one statement a week saying next week is when they're going to start doing stuff.

No but wait i think ra peepul have came up with a fool proof plan

http://forum.rangers...howtopic=212694

What a wondeful site that is. It just keeps giving..:lol:

I wonder if they have the're own dedicated copper who checks it oot all day, every day. Probably not as if that was the case there would be plenty of these braindead clowns getting early morning door knocks.

Some of the stuff is simply unbelievable...:ph34r:

This is my favourite so far:

Should have a sing song day at Ibrox, 15 quid a head. Play songs and videos on the big screens to raise money.

Best idea yet, put the 9iar videos on the big screen. Bring legends onto the pitch, get famous rangers supporting musicians to entertain the fans, f**k children in need, lets have a rangers in need day.

No doubt a carnival of folk songs being suggested by the original poster but the Children in Need comment takes the biscuit.

'Orange tap mate i would buy one for all my family let everycunt know that W.A.T.P and No Surrender.' linfield 1690

laugh.gif sounds lit ae r aw sound cvnts oer oan eh rainjurz boards

That'll be on the social fund loan application. "Buying Orange taps fir the family to save the Raingers. Aye but."

What a wondeful site that is. It just keeps giving..:lol:

I wonder if they have the're own dedicated copper who checks it oot all day, every day. Probably not as if that was the case there would be plenty of these braindead clowns getting early morning door knocks.

Some of the stuff is simply unbelievable...:ph34r:

I noticed that the c**t word doesn't get censored. That will be a help for them.

No doubt a carnival of folk songs being suggested by the original poster but the Children in Need comment takes the biscuit.

That biscuit had already been eaten by the intention to make the charity game vs AC Milan, emmmm, non-charity.

I am probably posting something that has been posted previously but as I have not seen it on the thread yet I will stick it up anyway.

http://chrisgraham76.wordpress.com/2012/02/16/the-enemies-of-rangers-football-club/

Frankly this is a real belter... a good old fashioned " come the revolution these will be first up against the wall"

I hope I dinnae make the list :lol:

My thinking too. If they have any chance of Rangers not being wiped out they must show that Whyte's preferential creditor status and ownership of assets was obtained illegally. If not he may still go to jail, but he will still hold all the aces.

So somehow they must get Whyte slammed up in Barlinnie.

Wouldnt that make HMRC the main creditor then? That would make liquidation even more likely

This is my favourite so far:

get these people writing sitcoms for a living. comedy gold.