Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Anyway, if Arbroath wanted to apply to join the English set up what's to stop them? Your points a bit mad though considering it would be totally pointless as they would just end up nothing more than a junior team.

Hey! Leave us out of it.

John McMillan of RSA...

My link

What this has got to do with Lennon is beyond me. But spokesman for the RSA and complete and utter buffoon John McMillan seems to think he can compare the punishment given to Lennon with that handed to ra peepul. Why can't these morons accept that they've brought shame upon the Scottish game without reeling out the old line 'Ah but Neil Lennon done this...' etc.

I can TASTE the irony.

Any fans of diddy clubs fancy turning up for their 'march' and belting out "Killie Pie when Rangers die" or other ditties that pokes fun at Rangers(in administration) Football Club ?

Let me think about that... Erm, naw. There's a lot of things on my priority list this coming week, having my cnut kicked in by a pitchfork and torch bearing crowd of bampots isn't one of them!

They also seem to be missing the fact that to get into the conference they would need to spend 3 or 4 seasons(At least, I don't know the full structure) winning various regional leagues before even getting to that step of the FA ladder. The bright lights of the Blue Square premier are a long long way off, never mind playing in the English Premier League.

http://www.thepyrami...sp/pyramid3.asp

Up to a decade before they even make the football league. I wonder how many of them would still be follow following after that.

yup - recent examples of new clubs forced to start again at the bottom of the evolutionary scale (Aldershot and Wimbledon) have seen them both resurface five or six steps below the football league - as you say, patience may be wearing a bit thin long before they're looking at even taking part in a nationwide league again

shame....

The ongoing discussion on Rangers Media about starting again in England is quite an interesting one, there are repeated suggestions that there is no reason to stop them applying to the bottom league in England to work their way up, which is right, they could do if they relocated the club to England which I suspect the fans wouldnt want.

Actually this would be a brilliant solution, a fan led newco Rangers based and operating in England, half the job done.

They were talking about an empty stadium in the Carlisle area and applying to some Northern league..There was even a team called 'something Celtic'. Really everything is in place except for the finances,Management,Players and local support get these creases ironed out and it is a 100% goer ;)

The grossly intemperate language from D&P in the long statement posted a couple of pages back earlier will backfire on them.

They are effectively using, as grounds of appeal, their perception of those who made the ruling decision as clueless buffoons. Now, in my world, this isn't a prudent approach to achieving what you want. In my world, we try to use reasoned argument to define and defend our position, as opposed to ridiculing anyone who doesn't give us what we want, regardless of whether it is the correct and proper thing to do.

Indeed, if I were an official of the SFA, I might be inclined to slap a charge of misconduct on the current custodians of the Big Hoose. Isn't what they are saying (ie - that the SFA are clueless and incapable of reaching an appropriate decision) effectively much the same as Neil Lennon's various rants at SFA officials, minus the throbbing veins and spittle?

Surely when you lodge an appeal, you simply do that....lodge your appeal, and then quietly and efficiently build your case. These guys are trying to publically bully the governing body into performing a U-turn, and I think they're merely further demonstrating their own idoicy in the way in which they are going about this.

Dearie me. This house of cards cannot collapse and spontaneously combust soon enough.

Was thinking exactly this myself. Would give a greenie if this thread hadn't ran me dry.

The grossly intemperate language from D&P in the long statement posted a couple of pages back earlier will backfire on them.

They are effectively using, as grounds of appeal, their perception of those who made the ruling decision as clueless buffoons. Now, in my world, this isn't a prudent approach to achieving what you want. In my world, we try to use reasoned argument to define and defend our position, as opposed to ridiculing anyone who doesn't give us what we want, regardless of whether it is the correct and proper thing to do.

Indeed, if I were an official of the SFA, I might be inclined to slap a charge of misconduct on the current custodians of the Big Hoose. Isn't what they are saying (ie - that the SFA are clueless and incapable of reaching an appropriate decision) effectively much the same as Neil Lennon's various rants at SFA officials, minus the throbbing veins and spittle?

Surely when you lodge an appeal, you simply do that....lodge your appeal, and then quietly and efficiently build your case. These guys are trying to publically bully the governing body into performing a U-turn, and I think they're merely further demonstrating their own idoicy in the way in which they are going about this.

Dearie me. This house of cards cannot collapse and spontaneously combust soon enough.

D&P have been at Ibrox/Murray Park for too long. Old Firm arrogance is like a disease and they are now showing all the signs of having been infected!

D&P should stick to sorting out Rangers "for the benefit of the creditors" and cut all the crap regarding how vital Rangers are to Scotland and football in Scotland. OK, so I wouldn't expect them to be happy at the SFAs decision but it's indisputable that Rangers have broken the rules of the association they are members of. If they have enjoyed the benefits of that membership in the past, and wish to continue to do so in the future, then they should shut up and accept the punishment.

Personally, although I was shocked that the SFA finally grew some balls, I don't think it goes far enough. Expulsion from all competitions, especially if they are proven to have abused EBTs, would be a more fitting punishment. Neither do I believe that would affect their ability to trade as a company! They could employ players if they wished, sell merchandise, even play football games, just not in any competition or league covered under the SFAs jurisdiction. Yes it'd be next to impossible for them to survive, but hey, that's business for you.

Ravelin

Edited by Ravelin

So on Saturday, they're walking from Queen's Park (Victoria Road entrance) to Hampden ? Hold on, that's a full 2 stops away from the nearest station, which is Mount Florida. What are they playing at ?

I can only reason that their route will take them through Cathkinview Park, the one time home of Third Lanark who folded in 1967. Ah, makes sense now.

Queens Park has two sylables

Mount Florida has three sylables and sounds a bit foreign...:blink:

Besides, not knowing Glasgow that well I assume the fare might be a wee bit cheaper getting off earlier...

Queens Park has two sylables

Mount Florida has three sylables and sounds a bit foreign...:blink:

Besides, not knowing Glasgow that well I assume the fare might be a wee bit cheaper getting off earlier...

Any money saved all goes in the fighting fund, also this money saved can be used at the two stop off points from the Victoria Rd Gates of Queens Park to Hampden, the 1st stop off being Greggs on Battlefield rd, the 2nd being Greggs on Cathcart Rd.

This just gets better and better!

What a shower of arrogant idiots. The argument D and P are putting forward is like something you'd hear in a playground. I really hope the SFA don't back down on this because it is the least a club deserves who have cheated their way to winning championships for more than a decade by paying players with money they didn't have.

If the SFA stick to their guns, no one is going to buy them. Excellent. :D

Its strange that Duff & Phelps believe that there is widespread support for Rangers to survive.

Other than Rangers supporters, I haven’t spoken to a single person who wants Rangers to survive – not a single person. Without exception, everyone wants Rangers dead and they will glady dance all over their grave.

I’m struggling to find a single non Rangers fan on this forum who wants Rangers to survive either. Virtually all appear to be delighted at the prospect of Rangers collapsing.

Now in all seriousness here i was surprised at the SFA slapping a transfer ban on Rangers..

1- I didnt think theyd have the balls to do such a thing to THEM

2-This is an unprecedented sanction in scottish football

however similar precedents have been set all over europe for similar offences...

the angry bears seem genuinely miffed at this... what exactly were they expecting?? A ten pound fine ?

Or just let off because they are after all, The Rangers ! :angry:

what would your sanction/punishment be ?

all suggestions serious and piss taking welcome :)

Haha now The Blue Knights seem to be falling apart. :lol:

Taken from gersnet:

" have had it confirmed to me today by the Head of Global Distribution at Henderson Global Investors (John Bennett's employers) that he is "no longer invloved in any way with the Blue Knights syndicate".

Apparently Mr Bennett only confirmed this to Henderson's last evening.

I have a call in to John Bennett himself but for the avoidance of doubt I have no reason to believe that his withdrawal is for anything other than business reasons to do with his employment as per my previous thread on this topic."

Its strange that Duff & Phelps believe that there is widespread support for Rangers to survive.

They don't - it just keeps the meter running for a bit longer - it's just a pity that they're effectively taking money that could pay for the health service and the likes.

Now in all seriousness here i was surprised at the SFA slapping a transfer ban on Rangers..

1- I didnt think theyd have the balls to do such a thing to THEM

2-This is an unprecedented sanction in scottish football

however similar precedents have been set all over europe for similar offences...

the angry bears seem genuinely miffed at this... what exactly were they expecting?? A ten pound fine ?

Or just let off because they are after all, The Rangers ! :angry:

what would your sanction/punishment be ?

all suggestions serious and piss taking welcome :)

Need to slap sanctions on creating new Rangers threads.

Other than Rangers supporters, I haven't spoken to a single person who wants Rangers to survive – not a single person. Without exception, everyone wants Rangers dead and they will glady dance all over their grave.

I'm struggling to find a single non Rangers fan on this forum who wants Rangers to survive either. Virtually all appear to be delighted at the prospect of Rangers collapsing.

I cannae wait for the day that i hear the Blue Vermin are no more and never to return.

Then we can all get together and boot the Green Vermin tae f*ck out of Scottish Football.

FTOF TILL THEY'RE DEID !!!