Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Wow, I agree with No8. The actual names of the players who benefitted are irellevant more or less.

No no no no no.

Of course its relevant. If Rangers were attracting players they otherwise wouldnt have been able to afford by paying them via an EBT then its very relevant.

As I said, we all know this is the case anyway, but proof is always nice

Did the SFA report not state that the person who could sign cheques had their limit reduced from £10,000 to £100 at the request of Mr Whyte and thus Rangers paid no one without Whytes say so. I would assume the same limits would have been set for electronic bank payments as this will be the way Rangers would have paid HMRC.

Rangers problem is the likes of John Greig did nothing about this and just let it happen.

I think regardless of who has final say on payments, he wouldn't be the only man in Ibrox working out wages and tax/NI implications or have access to accounts. The financial staff would surely have flagged things like "Oh by the way, we have a surplus of around £600K for the last 6 months - oddly enough isn't that what we worked out the NI payments were for that period?"

Au contraire, there is every point in naming them. If it was just one player, or even, a small group of players - just the De Boers, for example - then it could be put down to an oversight, a mistake, maybe just niavity. And Rangers could claim that the impact of their cheating wasnt actually that big. However, if the list is as long as the list of, say, creditors, then its proof of systematic, wholescale, cheating over a long period of time. The difference between the two is absolutely huge.

Of course, we all know that its the latter, but having evidence will be nice

Not sure they have evidence. Mark Daly claims to have seen documents...well i am claiming they don't exist...see how easy that was?

Still not interested in hearing names of those who were in the scheme and more interested in hearing the outcome of the BTC...Surely after the outcome of the appeal would have been the best time to air the programme.

The De Boers..Arthur Numan..Gio Van Bronckhorst. What would make me laugh is if we paid Konterman through this scheme..Now he should certainly be made to pay it back!!

Wow, I agree with No8. The actual names of the players who benefitted are irellevant more or less.

It's not relevant to how the debt "quantum" was arrived at if you're solely interested in financial matters, but is of interest to football fans concerned with the SFA's double-contracts investigation and to understanding how extensive the cheating was. That's the next issue which will be landing at Ibrox.

Blurb for the show on BBC1 Scotland and Northern Ireland.

Unless I switch to BBC Scotland on the TIVO box I've got DIY SOS

Series 23 The Big Build - From Scotland as Nick and the team try to help someone suffering from depression living in a house that is falling apart.

WAIT A MINUTE ! Maybe it's the same programme

It's not relevant to how the debt "quantum" was arrived at if you're solely interested in financial matters, but is of interest to football fans concerned with the SFA's double-contracts investigation and to understanding how extensive the cheating was. That's the next issue which will be landing at Ibrox.

The names of the players are important, particularly if they are the same ones who have been shouting loudest about how it's all a conspiracy, like Hately, Goram McCoist, "we need clarity and total transparency", remember, Ally, be careful what you wish for, LOL.

Rangers fans are thick as f**k. Steve Brown's interview didn't state that he doesn't want a NewCo in the league full-stop. He probably will still vote in favour of Rangers, but with sanctions.

Then he's a coward. The only proper solution is for Rangers to be liquidated, and a NewCo/Phoenix/whatever they want to call it to muddy the waters to start outside both the SPL and SFL.

So, Rangers are boycotting us next season. What's the point in voting them into the SPL as a NewCo then? It will do us no good. Maybe a little bit of Sky income, but that situation hasn't been clarified.

Rangers fans are thick as f**k. Steve Brown's interview didn't state that he doesn't want a NewCo in the league full-stop. He probably will still vote in favour of Rangers, but with sanctions. Rangers supporters could be shooting themselves in the foot with their foolish talks of boycotts, and I hope Steve Brown sees sense.

They were boycoting Dundee United and we more or less sold out our end. We were boycoting you for the last game of the season and more or less sold out our allocation. I wouldn't pay much attention to online claims of boycots and especially Follow Follow boycots..Most of those ranting and raving about it don't travel anyway.

St Johnstone should just carry on selling direct and they will be fine

Not sure they have evidence. Mark Daly claims to have seen documents...well i am claiming they don't exist...see how easy that was?

Still not interested in hearing names of those who were in the scheme and more interested in hearing the outcome of the BTC...Surely after the outcome of the appeal would have been the best time to air the programme.

The De Boers..Arthur Numan..Gio Van Bronckhorst. What would make me laugh is if we paid Konterman through this scheme..Now he should certainly be made to pay it back!!

They must have something otherwise the lawyers wouldnt let them air it, surely? They dont exist you say? Ah, well, thats that then. Why didnt you say earlier? It might be an idea for you to give HMRC and the SPL a ring, let them no too :rolleyes:

Airing the programme after the BTC would lose some of its "exclusive" appeal. Hopefully, the programme will force a bit of action on that front. The SPL must be sitting on their decision until after the BTC.

Unless I switch to BBC Scotland on the TIVO box I've got DIY SOS

Series 23 The Big Build - From Scotland as Nick and the team try to help someone suffering from depression living in a house that is falling apart.

WAIT A MINUTE ! Maybe it's the same programme

That episode is from around here somewhere. Im happy to miss it

No no no no no.

Of course its relevant. If Rangers were attracting players they otherwise wouldnt have been able to afford by paying them via an EBT then its very relevant.

As I said, we all know this is the case anyway, but proof is always nice

I'm not entirely convinced that RFC couldn't have attracted the players without EBTs.

Rangers:-

Klos, Ricksen, Moore, Amoruso, Numan, Konterman, Reyna (Caniggia 66), de Boer, Ferguson (Hughes 87), Flo, Mols (McCann 74).

RFC line up fron Old Firm game in 2001 - all either signed from Scottish teams (Caniggia, McCann), ageing old pros (de Boer, Mols) or attracted during the 'boom' period of Scottish Football in 1997 to about 2003.

Oh no, how will Dunfermline cope without Rangers subsidising us next season ? sad.gif

I suppose we'll just have to manage with bigger crowds v Raith Rovers and Rovers not stealing our ticket money.

Looks like we're getting the names. From Twitter today:

Mark Daly@markdaly2Dual contracts? Find out tonight which Rangers players had side letters promising undeclared funds through EBT

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01j0k6k #bbc

Mark Daly@markdaly2Biggest EBT beneficiaries named, did Whyte really "dupe" Sir David and questions over the administrators. Tonight at 8

The names of the players are important, particularly if they are the same ones who have been shouting loudest about how it's all a conspiracy, like Hately, Goram McCoist, "we need clarity and total transparency", remember, Ally, be careful what you wish for, LOL.

Should be very interesting if its the entire list of EBTers thats aired tonight. Was there not something also about the Bunnets phoned getting taped as well?

Unfortuately, all this will add fuel to the other half of the OF conspiracy against them.

I'm not entirely convinced that RFC couldn't have attracted the players without EBTs.

Rangers:-

Klos, Ricksen, Moore, Amoruso, Numan, Konterman, Reyna (Caniggia 66), de Boer, Ferguson (Hughes 87), Flo, Mols (McCann 74).

RFC line up fron Old Firm game in 2001 - all either signed from Scottish teams (Caniggia, McCann), ageing old pros (de Boer, Mols) or attracted during the 'boom' period of Scottish Football in 1997 to about 2003.

Only De Boer and Cannigia could be described as ageing old pros in that team. Rangers actually signed the likes of Mols and Numan when they were at the pinnacle of their careers. Mols would have been a true great if he hadn't picked up that terrible injury in Munich.

They must have something otherwise the lawyers wouldnt let them air it, surely?

Well if they have 'something' it will be interesting to see exactly what it is.

So the EBT players shouldn't be named as they were just doing their job, yet those on the first SFA panel had to be named because they were doing their job?

The duplicitous nature of some of the Rangers fans who play "lava floor" jumping from once claim to another regardless whether there is hypocrisy or contradiction. They fly loose to the wind in terms of who is to blame and who they should be loyal too and all the time the journalists lap up their cretinous ramblings in a hope of getting a good back page.

Edited by Ric

Wasn't Mols 29 when signed for your lot? (born 1970 signed 1999)

My point was that Rangers (and Celtic) would have had the clout to sign the likes of Mols - it would be different if you were talking about a world reknowned footballer at the time like Beckham or Rivaldo.

So the EBT players shouldn't be named as they were just doing their job, yet those on the first SFA panel had to be named because they were doing their job?

I don't think anyone on this thread is saying that at all. The point has been made that simply naming them would not be particularly explosive.

The content of any letters or second contracts may be however!