Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Gregory Ioannidis ‏@LawTop20

Newsnight Scotland just confirmed the interview for tonight. Looking forward to the discussion & the issues regarding Scottish football

Expand

Reply Retweet Favorite

Newsnight Scotland should be good tonight.

As you would say...Bollocks...The money is divided out at 48% split equally between the 12 clubs and the other 52% split according to league position..It is a given Rangers will not be in the top 2 so the 'Old Firm' will certainly not be the main beneficiaries

I said "are" not "will", dopey drawers.

Maybe H&D could waive their own fee (someone mentioned £4m+) and maybe get it closer to 2p in the £?

£4M :blink: Administrator fees are approved by the courts. Someone posted the JJB admin with a list of rates. It was on the order of £650 per day for a partner and scaling down rapidly afterwards. Rangers have been in admin for approximately 100 working days meaning Paul Clark and David Whitehouse are owed collectively ~£130,000 for their work. Obviously there is other staffing and legal fees etc but it is not £4M.

There are quite a few who have left/out of contract from the list posted earlier in this thread. There are many more who will be sold due to the arrangement made by D&P.

If Rangers are playing in the SPL next season there is every chance they wont be able to fulfill fixtures. What do we do then? Punish them again for their failure to field a team?

The problem is the no-one involved with Rangers at any level, from Duff & Phelps, ex Directors, former players to the fans, seem to realise what adminstration itself means. When Motherwell went into admin, 19 members of staff including almost all the first team, were out of the door within days. We had to fulfil our fixtures for the next 2 years with those who were left at the club, a few seasoned pros plus a lot of young boys just coming through. There was no thought of how competative we could be - only that a full team, no matter the standard, could be put out for each game.

Don't you realise that Rangerts have done wrong and that they are not entitled to come out of this as they went in minus the debt!

You mean under the discriminatory punishment handed out by the SFA and the Judicial

You "bought" players from clubs despite knowing you couldn't afford to pay for them, thus screwing over other clubs.

Why do you think a transfer ban is unfair?

You "bought" players from clubs despite knowing you couldn't afford to pay for them, thus screwing over other clubs.

Why do you think a transfer ban is unfair?

I like the phrase "discriminatory punishment". What other kind of punishment is there?

£4M :blink: Administrator fees are approved by the courts. Someone posted the JJB admin with a list of rates. It was on the order of £650 per day for a partner and scaling down rapidly afterwards. Rangers have been in admin for approximately 100 working days meaning Paul Clark and David Whitehouse are owed collectively ~£130,000 for their work. Obviously there is other staffing and legal fees etc but it is not £4M.

Per hour.

Why bother about the CVA, it doesn't matter, even if it was 100p in the £.

They have breached the rules of the SPL, SFA, UEFA and FIFA because of their EBT's and idiotic appeal to the CoS. On there own, all of these breaches will get them, at best, demoted to the 3rd division. And at worst, expelled from football. So let them have their CVA, because it wont make any difference to the final outcome.

Edited by Jagsman411971

Need some figures around the total debt. If offering 1p in the £, how much is that in total (Are Duff & Duffer trousering the rest)

How much would they get in the £ if Rangers liquidated and sold everything off to the highest bidder (that's the alternative)

By giving away players at knockdown prices, Duff & Duffer definitely haven;t put creditors interests to the forefront. These all could have been sold off to give a higher return

When looking back on all of this, the main villains of the piece will be David Murray, Craig Whyte, Duff & Duffer and Charles Green. Quite a rogues gallery . The supporting cast is a cracker too (with many such as Walter & Ally waiting in the wings)

Maybe some of the journalists in line to lose their jobs can write an objective article for a change once it is all done & dusted. A "whodunnit". Mind you Leggo can always help out there

You don't get it do you :rolleyes:

The TV deal is reliant on FOUR Old Firm fixtures...If Rangers are in the bottom 6 then there will be only THREE!! I don't want to have the God given right to finish in the top 6 but the clubs in the SPL agreed to this deal with Sky TV....Not me.

Do you get the point now? All clubs will lose out financially if this were to happen.

I dont think its ever been confirmed that the contract states this anywhere, its just been scaremongering by Rangers friendly journalists.

The TV deal is reliant on FOUR Old Firm fixtures...If Rangers are in the bottom 6 then there will be only THREE!! I don't want to have the God given right to finish in the top 6 but the clubs in the SPL agreed to this deal with Sky TV....Not me.

Do you get the point now? All clubs will lose out financially if this were to happen.

Surely watching Rangers in a releagtion battle up to the end of season will draw in far more punters on the telly than another standard issue OF game. The agonising wait until that full time whistle when relegation is confirmed will be sweet viewing whichever non OF club you support, and im sure Sky will continue to pay for those rights.

I dont think its ever been confirmed that the contract states this anywhere, its just been scaremongering by Rangers friendly journalists.

Whereas FIFA's prohibition of clubs going to ordinary court in cases against their member associations is well documented.

Why bother about the CVA, it doesn't matter, even if it was 100p in the £.

They have breached the rules of the SPL, SFA, UEFA and FIFA because of their EBT's and idiotic appeal to the CoS. On there own, all of these breaches will get them, at best, demoted to the 3rd division. And at worst, expelled from football. So let them have their CVA, because it wont make any difference to the final outcome.

That's over-egging the pudding somewhat. If they somehow agree a CVA, it's just going to be the same as Dundee and any other club who merely went into admin. None of those crimes, which Rangers have unquestionably committed, would be punishable by relegation. The only crime which would see them relegated to the third division would be a risk of not being able to fulfill their fixtures, which despite no.8's defence, will not happen. Rangers will be in the SPL next season. They may be full of pizza faced kids from the Gorbals and Lee McCulloch, and a certainty for relegation, but they'll be there.

It was £1.2 million when the creditors report was published whenever that was. It's probably at least doubled since then.

It will be around £3.2m, how the fcuk you work when you're sleeping I don't know.

I admire your blind optimism No 8, but do not be so condescending to others considering why we are here, and why this thread exists.

Your club thought it was pretty smart, to the extent it went beyond being smart, to creative, to dodgy, devious, cheating and lying through to being downright illegal. (If you ask for the evidence I won't answer you for 3 months or so biggrin.gif.)

What your club did devalued totally every other club who played against them in any competition, and corrupted those very competitions.

Your club is still following a path of self indulgence and preoccupied only with themselves with no consideration at all for others. Nor even any pretence of admitting they did anything wrong.

At the start of this saga I wanted a clean Rangers to come back and play what I would say is their rightful part in Scottish and even European football. (I have friends who are supporters of the club huh.gif) Now I want them wiped out - totally.

McCoist has threatened the consequences of Rangers being penalised too much.

You should not underestimate the reaction from sporting people generally, and not just in Scotland if Rangers are not penalised heavily from ALL quarters for their wrong doing.

We will not walk away. biggrin.gif