Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I don't mean to be negative here but the thread now seems to have arrived at a effectively accepted fact that the tribunal is going to suspended or expel Rangers. What is this based on, statement-wise?

Hope.

I thought at first this was a light hearted reference to having a party but am told it is deeper than that and has Celtic/IRA conortations. Is this correct? Nothing would surprise me unfortunately.

Yes it is. It goes back to the Bobby Sands hunger strike/non-co-operation of IRA prisoners. Thatcher said they would not get jelly and ice cream until they learned to behave themselves.

I don't mean to be negative here but the thread now seems to have arrived at a effectively accepted fact that the tribunal is going to suspended or expel Rangers. What is this based on, statement-wise?

Based on the fact that expulsion from the Scottish Cup would be too lenient and a fine would be a complete waste of time with them being in administration, then there are only 2 other options suspension or expulsion.

With anger at Rangers in Scottish football at boiling point, the SFA has moved closer to booting the beleagured club out of the game. (The Daily Record)

The Ibrox club, must either accept the original 12-month transfer ban or risk being banned form Scottish football. (The Daily Mail)

Just a few quotes that are being branded about.

Based on the fact that expulsion from the Scottish Cup would be too lenient and a fine would be a complete waste of time with them being in administration, then there are only 2 other options suspension or expulsion.

With anger at Rangers in Scottish football at boiling point, the SFA has moved closer to booting the beleagured club out of the game. (The Daily Record)

The Ibrox club, must either accept the original 12-month transfer ban or risk being banned form Scottish football. (The Daily Mail)

A fine is not on the cards as RFC has already been fined the maximum allowable under the SFA's rules. It's either expulsion the Scottish Cup or league football. As a Scottish Cup ban would be seen as too lenient, expulsion it is. Happy days! :lol: :lol:

Empty day unless No8. comes along to teach us :blink:

Still plenty to talk about, after all today is June 1st which means Rangers players go back to full pay and can trigger clauses in their contracts with the admin to leave for 25% of their true value. Running costs will have just sky rocketed again. :)

Edited by Gaspode

I think you are being optomistic Gas - fine in already at maximum.

leaves 3 possible outcomes

the original panel said 2 of those were too severe - leaves the only choice of Cup ban unfortunately

When you start to rely on Record or mail it's when I know you're talking pish

Edited by Claymores

Quote from twat on rangers media

"some teams etc deserve f*ck all from us ie Dundee united"

Deserve? What? are settling debts now classed as a favour?

Don't try and figure out the thought process. You'll end up like thon boy fae Apocalypse Now.

It was said at the time that the £100k fine was completely inadequate hence the addition of the transfer ban. They also said expulsion/suspension was too harsh but given they ignored the obvious sanction of the cup ban it was clearly felt that wasn't enough - we can therefore assume the punishment order is:

1. fine

2. cup expulsion

(attempted transfer ban)

3. suspension

4. expulsion

I'm pretty sure they're not going to ban them forever (it wasn't match fixing, referee tapping etc) so it would seem likely they're hovering between positions 2 and 3. However, if they consider the offence of taking the SFA to court to be part of this one process, it's not a huge leap logically to think this might tip them towards suspension instead of merely banning them from the cup. It's just the ramification of this being certain death which makes it seem unlikely.

A comment on the constntin article in the scum....

John Knox1 like

A one year ban from the Scottish cup is all we are getting...Debt free...Transfer embargo dealt with...The future is bright..Thanks Tax Payers...lol

<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "><br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">Read more:

http://www.thescotti...l#ixzz1wX3Wn3Ad

this is the very reason Rankers should have the book thrown at themmad.gifmad.gif

edit-forgot angry facetongue.gif

Edited by rustyarabnuts

I take it it's safe to assume that this is a totally unsolicited staement and that he approached The Scottish Curranty Bun, desperate to put his views forward?

he phoned himself from his landline and left the message on his voicemail

We need to know der zee list - SFA, Inverness and st Mirren were added recently - we need a consolidated list.................poor McDonald's must be in Admin too after Big Hoose man boycotted

twats, look forward to seeing Tannadice Hum free next seasonbiggrin.gif