Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Add the above to that the fact that if you're a creditor it must be sickening to have Green talk about "money in his back pocket" that would mysteriously appear to buy players etc once a CVA went through.

Would you seriously say "OK, I'll accept tuppence and look on whilst Rangers continue debt free". No chance. I'd see liquidation, as described in The Sun (can't believe I typed that) as the best option for getting the most cash.

That's the bit I don't get. The fvcking arrogance of rapeepul talking about warchests and investors and player sales and season tickets NOT going in the CVA pot. And they wonder why people don't like them :blink:

I know many of you desperately wish for the extinction of Rangers but the market value of Ibrox is basically zero. Where are the buyers for a large football stadium? Or for land in Govan which would need to have a large football stadium removed from it? Auchenhowie isn't worth much on the market either especially since there are planning restrictions.

And there isn't a negative number big enough to measure the 'goodwill' that you've built up over the last 140 years :lol:

Edited by killingfloorman

As i said...If you sell Davis and Bring in Gattuso you are saving yourself £20,000 per week!

Whittaker away and keep Broadfoot would save £15,000ish per week.

Sign Aluko and get rid of Lafferty and you will be saving £10,000 per week.

Sell Goian and promote Ross Perry will save...well i have no idea what Goian is on but would reckon it must be in the region of £15,000+pw and Perry will be on about £2,000pw. Another £10,000 pw week saved.

I can see Edu moving on and that will be a saving of around £15,000 pw and we have adequate cover coming through

There is £70,000 pw week saved without weakening the team greatly

The sale of these players will bring in close to £5 million.

It is possible to drastically cut the wage bill and stay competitive and it should have been done years ago.

So why didn't the administrators also do this ? After all their duty was to get the business to stop losing money.

Then again you are talking about football matters that seem to be a hypothetical given the uncertainty of the acceptance of the CVA , never mind the blind faith in Green.

Rangers supporters seem to be like children subservient to whoever is in charge at Greyskull.

Failed to ask Murray where the money was coming from or where it was going, Whyte ??? Aye .. he was going to save you and take you to another level , unfortunately /fortunately that level was downward. Green with no connection to the club and some history within the football world not exactly positive from all accounts but he will have a totally different attitude as it is the mighty Glasgow Rangers ....lets see how that pans out for you.

Sell everything off , fixtures and fittings put it on Ebay or Gumtree and at least then HMRC and others will not be back in a few years time.

So, Green pays 5m for the goodwill etc. Then the liquidators sell him the ground and training facilities that he will need to run his club. Thats a much better deal for the creditors.

See, thats the thing. I dont see any mention of a separate sale of the property in the CVA, under a newco. There is a value listed under the liquidation option, which is even less at c£4.5m

This is the section of the CVA

post-1702-0-61416500-1339252033_thumb.jp

As you can see, under the newco option the property rights, players and stock are grouped together and valued at £5.3m, but there is no cost attached to the property. Yet, under liquidation, this property is valued at £4.5m. How does that work? What happens to the property under a newco? Does Green take ownership? Is it not being sold and the current owner (Whyte??) retaining ownership? Am I reading way too much into this? :lol:

sorry if this has been covered difficult to keep up .last part from the DR

"it means nothing to Green other than that will be the time he has to raise a further £20m although he said last night that because of the players and staff who have left, Rangers are close to breaking even already."

have i missed something?

As i said...If you sell Davis and Bring in Gattuso you are saving yourself £20,000 per week!

Sell Goian and promote Ross Perry will save...well i have no idea what Goian is on but would reckon it must be in the region of £15,000+pw and Perry will be on about £2,000pw. Another £10,000 pw week saved.

I can see Edu moving on and that will be a saving of around £15,000 pw and we have adequate cover coming through

It is possible to drastically cut the wage bill and stay competitive and it should have been done years ago.

You should have beaten down Duff & Duffer's doors in February to get them to do this.

£5mill in the hand, £70k a week for 15 weeks or so since then.

Made sense then.Could have made the whole administration sensible, and not the dodgy double dealing sham it became.

If manager Ally McCoist is allowed to strengthen his team, Rangers will bid for Chelsea left-back Ben Gordon, who has had two loan spells at Kilmarnock. (Daily Express)

Be nice if they paid for their current left back first !

And paid the £238,345 they already owe Chelsea.

You should have beaten down Duff & Duffer's doors in February to get them to do this.

£5mill in the hand, £70k a week for 15 weeks or so since then.

Made sense then.Could have made the whole administration sensible, and not the dodgy double dealing sham it became.

If we had sold the likes of Davis , Whittaker and Edu in January we would have brought in more than £5 million and saved on their wages.. Edu is now valued at £300,000.. Honestly it breaks my heart to see what they have done to the club. Shysters the fucking lot of them!!!

What about paying your debtors first with the money saved?

What about paying your debtors first with the money saved?

You mean creditors but on the subject of debtors, are RFC due any money for players they have sold, for gate receipts, appearance money from public events, etc.? If they are still owing so much it is possible they are still awaiting paymant from other clubs/organisations in which case that money should not be held under the CVA arrangement to contribute as pennies in the pound but go direct to creditors pound for pound.

Dundee Utd fans can fair keep their heads held high after Stephen Thompson joined the enemy list.

"Ignore your customers (the fans) and you won't be in business long"

I never cared much for Stephen after his dad screwed Falkirk rotten in 03, but I like him a lot more today.

Is Green having a bit of a laugh now?

"Fans should put pressure on MPs to get the CVA accepted"

He really is right up Rangers' street with nonsense like this.

Cue Dougie Alexander. :barf

Our Diddy friendly radio host Jim 'Spency' Spence had an excellent contributor from the Aberdeen Fans Trust on sportsound earlier.

Had a input of the financial situation for Aberdeen which was interesting.

He also called hordes of rangers fans from outwith Glasgow gloryhunters and telt them to go follow their local sides. :)