Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

They have had one Roman Catholic president and they shot him.

Everyone knows the Kennedy assassination had nothing to do with religion, and everything to do with suppressing knowledge about the extraterrestrial takeover of the UN.

A view I heard from within HMRC (albeit from a minion) is that they might decide to take the hit to continue collecting tax to the revived or newco club.

Completely opposite from what I have been told including from 1 (all be it ex) very senior officer, they can not be seen to make a precedence, the only real deal will be a reasonable re-payment plan, to quote the person "There are way too many Arthur Daily type characters running business who would jump in this to save themselves a fortune at the detriment to the treasury, and in the long run your day to day tax payer" Rangers had offered to pay the big tax case back before the appeal over 20 (yes 20) years with no interest or fine added, in other words an interest free mortgage from hector, rightly they were told to do one.

If they want to send out a message to English clubs i would think Portsmouth would be the No.1 target

They don't want to send a message to English Clubs. They want to tell the robbing thieving gits throughout the business world that "we were not saps for a hugely popular company, so we won't be saps for you'. It's not fottball matter for them.

Did you notice how 'acceptable' they were to the robbing thieving businessman, Craig Whtye? And before he tries to sue me - remember I need to be wrong and I am in my early forties from Motherwell...It's not a big town!

£12k a week? Presumably that would make him the highest earner by about £12k a week

I think every Rangers fan has a soft spot for Wee Rino and we enjoyed watching his career go from strength to strength. I always thought he would come back to Rangers 1 day BUT it is a couple of years too late. We have Hutton,Ness and McCabe coming through and they actually look decent young players. It would be a shame to see them get less playing time to make way for an ageing Gattuso. On the flip side they would be learning from 1 of the best.

£12,000 doesn't sound unreasonable if Davis is leaving. The figures for his wages were just unbelievable..£30,000+ :angry:

They don't want to send a message to English Clubs. They want to tell the robbing thieving gits throughout the business world that "we were not saps for a hugely popular company, so we won't be saps for you'. It's not fottball matter for them.

Did you notice how 'acceptable' they were to the robbing thieving businessman, Craig Whtye? And before he tries to sue me - remember I need to be wrong and I am in my early forties from Motherwell...It's not a big town!

It was others who were suggesting they were. I was just adding that if that was the case Portsmouth would be the more obvious option.

As for Whyte. I would call him far worse if i thought i would get away with it

I think every Rangers fan has a soft spot for Wee Rino and we enjoyed watching his career go from strength to strength. I always thought he would come back to Rangers 1 day BUT it is a couple of years too late. We have Hutton,Ness and McCabe coming through and they actually look decent young players. It would be a shame to see them get less playing time to make way for an ageing Gattuso. On the flip side they would be learning from 1 of the best.

£12,000 doesn't sound unreasonable if Davis is leaving. The figures for his wages were just unbelievable..£30,000+ :angry:

Are you serious? A club on the edge of extinction, in debt left right and centre and you are advocating paying 12k a week to a player.

You need to get a grip. If they survive, the need to cut their cloth and cap their wage bill. Any other route only leads straight back to here.

Mind you, you might well question his personal gardening acumen from this bit:

"But even if the SFA throw the book at Rangers and expel them Green won't turn and run. He said: "Jobs will be lost because we won't be doing anything. We wouldn't even need groundsmen.........."

How's that Chas? Gonna mow the pitch yersel???? Or know some magic way to prevent grass from growing??

:D

Wonder how much he had to pay fellow SPL side Motherwell for this patented magic?

I lived in Whitfield for 2 years in the early 80's and didn't see any evidence of bigotry there either. Just about every crime imaginable - but no bigotry.

I lived in Ardler, went to blackshade ps as far as i remember there was always fights between us and St Fergus tongue.gif

We have Hutton,Ness and McCabe coming through and they actually look decent young players.

I will vouch for Kyle Hutton. Had a great spell at Firhill in the 1st part of the season and no surprise that when he returned to Ipox, that our season fell apart. Mind you we are a diddy club in a diddy league according to you, so take out of that what you want!

From a poster on RTC:

What’s the point of HMRC refusing the CVA yet allowing the assets to be sold for a song to someone who has openly stated that he’ll be using them to set up a successor, and most importantly, DEBT-FREE Rangers? Would this just not be essentially rewarding tax cheating? Where’s the deterrent factor, this ‘head on a pike’ stance that we’ve been hearing if this is allowed to happen? They’d be cutting their own throat if they helped facilitate the setting-up of an openly ‘successor’ club to the one which has just cheated them for a decade and which has walked away scot-free from around £70 million of debt – “Don’t worry tax cheats – we’ll close you down ‘cos the law says we have to, but we’ll then allow the assets to be sold for a fraction of their true value so you can start again debt-free”

A New Club may arise if the assets were sold in an open market anyway, but at least it wouldn’t be with, essentially, HMRC’s blessing

If this scenario were to happen then all of us here have simply wasted their time for the past year or so. Meet the New Rangers. Same as the Old Rangers, brought to you courtesy of HMRC…

This has been bugging me too. Could the CVA getting rejected be the best thing for them? Will the newco get away with debt from the BTC? At least if RFC 1873 remains there will be no escaping the result from the BTC and any possible future scandals that we are yet to break.

£12 feckin grand a week for a player you'll get no re-sale back at a club that's insolvent!!!!

plus merchandising rates... More income you will lose out on.

Ostrich time again No8, you's should be looking to your youth on £12 k a year if you's survive till you's slowly recover.

Are you serious? A club on the edge of extinction, in debt left right and centre and you are advocating paying 12k a week to a player.

You need to get a grip. If they survive, the need to cut their cloth and cap their wage bill. Any other route only leads straight back to here.

As i said...If you sell Davis and Bring in Gattuso you are saving yourself £20,000 per week!

Whittaker away and keep Broadfoot would save £15,000ish per week.

Sign Aluko and get rid of Lafferty and you will be saving £10,000 per week.

Sell Goian and promote Ross Perry will save...well i have no idea what Goian is on but would reckon it must be in the region of £15,000+pw and Perry will be on about £2,000pw. Another £10,000 pw week saved.

I can see Edu moving on and that will be a saving of around £15,000 pw and we have adequate cover coming through

There is £70,000 pw week saved without weakening the team greatly

The sale of these players will bring in close to £5 million.

It is possible to drastically cut the wage bill and stay competitive and it should have been done years ago.

Page 1690 should tie in rather well with 14th of June, or if there is any serendipity in the world it should do.

Think it would be quite fitting - the anniversary of the Roswell Incident (another tale of cover-ups, rumours, conspiracy theories and bullshit galore in high places), the Vatican scrapping the List Of Prohibited Books (finally realising you can't censor knowledge), and the surrender of the Argies (another shower that thought they could take what they wanted without redress because "we ur the peepel") in the Falklands.

As i said...If you sell Davis and Bring in Gattuso you are saving yourself £20,000 per week!

Sell Goian and promote Ross Perry will save...well i have no idea what Goian is on but would reckon it must be in the region of £15,000+pw and Perry will be on about £2,000pw. Another £10,000 pw week saved.

I can see Edu moving on and that will be a saving of around £15,000 pw and we have adequate cover coming through

It is possible to drastically cut the wage bill and stay competitive and it should have been done years ago.

You're not in a position to sign players with the aim of just reducing you wage bill. You need to sign players that you can afford. At the moment, you can't afford anything and should be selling players and fielding the players you have left - even if they are kids.

Thats what other clubs have had to do. What makes rangers any different?

Edited by p&b is a disgrace

I don't think you quite understand how much debt you are in.

Page 1690 should just be 25 posts with variations of 8yEFQ.gif, the big hoose h*n, we don't do walking away, and :lol:

Ticketus have bought the rights from Div to sell tickets to post on page 1690. £2million per post, with all proceeds to be divided between the Stand Up guy, and RFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

It is my Club and i am sure i am not going to walkaway and leave it to the bigots. Nah Bollocks to that. I'll be there long after they have all gone and so will my son. I wont back down and wont stop being critical of that element in our support.

You chose to go another way and fair play to you.

Dundee Hibee...Yep there has been a couple of attempts to start singing The Billy Boys since administration. The feeling seems to be that after we lost the 10 points and were in Administration what else could they do to us...This is the mentality of these nutters. They don't seem to grasp that it has to be stopped as it is just not acceptable in the 21st century and not just because the club will be punished. So far their efforts have failed but it does highlight that they are still there and just sitting silent

Absolute fucking bullshit, you CHOSE to support a club built on bigotry a club which at the time you started supporting them practiced and espoused sectarianism.

The bigots were there long before you joined and will remain there till the day the club dies.

It begs a form of the Mrs Merton question, "Tell me No8 what exactly was it that attracted you to the vile, bigoted, sectarian football club you chose to support?"