Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Yes, but there would be a statutory repair notice served on the owners first, potentially with the council stepping in to carry out said repairs and suing the owners. That would be a laugh.

And the big question being who the new owners are? Im not sure who actually owns the place the now.

Is it Whyte, Murray or H&D?

Non-denominational schools are pretty much anything but.

Religion should be removed from schools completely if its out with the classroom.

I have no issue with it being taught as a subject (covering all the various superstitions and treated on a par with Greek mythology) but to have assemblies consisting of any religious tones is totally unacceptable in my view.

Until 'non-denominational schools' remove the religious element, there is less of an argument for removing Catholic schools.

IMO bigotry in Scotland is almost fully to do with football and only slightly to do with the respective religions.

They have Catholic schools in the USA and England so why is it nowhere near such a problem there?

Another reason getting rid of Rangers would be a great idea.

Agreed given the size of Ipox, Murray Park and the car park, how on earth can it be worthless?

Ibrox could be used as office blocks in the same way the India Tyres factory at Inchinnan but there is no chance of building a supermarket there due to the close proximity of Govan Asda.

Housing around that area is notoriously difficult to sell. There really is very little value in that land but i am sure some developer will find a use for it.

It all depends on the price. Ibrox and the Albion Car park is nowhere near the size of the old Stoddarts Factories ground and that was sold for something in the region of £10 million when the housing market was still on the up and is set in a far more desirable area.

Knowing the 2 areas i would think £5 million is on the low side but not that far from the true market value. The creditors have to decide is it better to take the guaranteed money on the table now or wait and take the gamble they get more from an asset sale.

They have Catholic schools in the USA and England so why is it nowhere near such a problem there?

They have had one Roman Catholic president and they shot him. You are not holding America up as some kind of tolerant society are you?

In England there is little religious bigotry but it does exist where Irish workers settled. Liverpool is pretty bad.

There is very little Religious bigotry in Scotland outside of the central belt TBF.

Housing around that area is notoriously difficult to sell. There really is very little value in that land but i am sure some developer will find a use for it.

Houses might become easier to sell if Rangers were gone. :ph34r:

Could always melt them down for munitions. After all, there's a war on.

From ranjursMedia:

yermaw145
  • <LI class=avatar><LI class=title>Richard Gough
  • star2.gif

• Group: True Blue
  • Topics: 19
  • Rep: 104

Posted Today, 09:40 AM

If the CVA is declined through proven sinister motives, I strongly suggest that we wage war. Everyone in this situation is accountable, it would be an act of war on our people if someone had to sign a document and try to diminish us. And the c*nts that are asking for a dignified silence and would request it even if we were in our grave? They can go to hell and stay there.

:rolleyes:

IMO bigotry in Scotland is almost fully to do with football and only slightly to do with the respective religions.

Another reason getting rid of Rangers would be a great idea.

Possibly true although my post wasn't entirely to do with bigotry.

There is no doubt that the OF have fuelled the flames of bigotry over the years for their own benefit.

I also agree that its probably the main reason for the continued Neanderthal attitude of each side of the pointless argument.

I want to see religion removed from schools (outwith the classroom) for more than just the bigotry reasons and was only trying to highlight that until the 'non-denominational' schools get their own house in order, they have no right to try and take the moral high ground.

Hopefully the death of Rangers will facilitate a change in attitude in the country , although I suspect it wont change enough even if they do die.

They have had one Roman Catholic president and they shot him. You are not holding America up as some kind of tolerant society are you?

In England there is little religious bigotry but it does exist where Irish workers settled. Liverpool is pretty bad.

There is very little Religious bigotry in Scotland outside of the central belt TBF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5UBCSoX5SA&feature=related

It was more about getting rid of religious schools to reduce bigotry in Scotland.

IMO the root of it is the Old Firm and not the schools.

One last point, under newco, the £5m Green is paying is only listed as being for the goodwill etc of the club. There is no value attached to the property ... make of that what you will.

So, Green pays 5m for the goodwill etc. Then the liquidators sell him the ground and training facilities that he will need to run his club. Thats a much better deal for the creditors.

A derelict build can be knocked down whether its a listed building or not. If its in a state of decay and a danger to the public then its a gonner.

the news gets better and better. can't wait till the 14th or page 1690.

From ranjursMedia:

:rolleyes:

He better watch what he says.

Remember this-

Last night, Tayside Police said an 18-year-old man had been arrested in connection with Facebook entries urging others to show up in Dundee city centre with weapons to riot.

The force said they had taken "robust and proportionate action" and were following positive lines of inquiry to identify others inciting people to cause public disorder

Auchenhowie isn't worth much on the market either especially since there are planning restrictions.

Yes the restrictions, which will include the security held by SportScotland.

Any sports fields applying to be used for any other purpose, even if the council wants to go ahead with property development for example, then SportScotland will ALWAYS appeal the decision which then goes to the Scottish Government. They invariably win.

The particulars from Wikipedia (best not to believe it all especially the bit about tactical lessons ohmy.gif.) Original total cost was claimed to be £14million.

The site covers a size of thirty-eight acres (over fifteen hectares). It is divided into three areas: the administration wing, the professional wing for the first team and the youth development wing. The professional and youth wings have their own separate receptions, dining areas, changing rooms, kit stores and lecture rooms. Both share facilities including the gym, medical suite and the indoor synthetic pitch.

Outside there are six full size pitches along with two half sized ones and a practice area. Two of the full-sized and one half-sized pitch are used just by the first team, these have undersoil heating, the others are used by the youth sides.

The state-of-the-art gym equipment, costing £150,000, are all linked to a computer system which can activate a personalised fitness programme for individual players. The gym also houses an isokinetic machine, which allows players to work out despite being injured by testing muscle strength and reactions. There is a hydrotherapy pool that has an angled, moveable floor and a series of massage jets and currents that allows a range of rehabilitation exercises to take place.

There is also a media editing suite costing £50,000 which is where a video analyst will video each training session. The footage will be used to conduct tactical lessons in the lecture room afterwards.

Best bet is for Rangers/Newco/Duff & Duffer to help SportScotland create a sports hub at Moses Park. It is one of a very few options.

http://www.sportscot...ity+sport+hubs/

Edited by thelegendthatis

Here we are, selling off the various parts of the Rangers dynasty and meanwhile Charles Green, who doesn't own Rangers, is in negotiation with the agent of Gattuso to discuss terms for his return to the most successful club in the universe (SSN this morning). The club can't sign any players while they are in administration and there is still talk that Rangers are considering the sanction of the transfer embargo as perhaps acceptable after all.

Even if we accept that Green's representation of the club is legitimate, he has a strange idea of his priorities when he is chasing people he can't sign while 'his' club are on the brink of extinction.

It seems to me that there are a couple of pages missing from the Rangers administration story because none of this makes any sense at all.

Edited by Cutty Old

If manager Ally McCoist is allowed to strengthen his team, Rangers will bid for Chelsea left-back Ben Gordon, who has had two loan spells at Kilmarnock. (Daily Express)

Be nice if they paid for their current left back first !

Arsenal made over £150m from the development of Highbury into flats. The listed main stand at Ibrox does not prevent conversion of use.

A property developer would surely be able to turn a profit of at least £50m (even in Govan) from such a project.

The training facilities of Murray Park could remain as such for the SFA as a Scottish centre of excellence with a cut-price of £5m say.

Liquidating all the assets must add up to towards £100m, compared to the pitiful CVA offer on the table - its a no brainer to me!

Theres none in the East coast. I wonder w-h-y there is the is issue in the West?

Oh, wait.............. :rolleyes:

Edited by p&b is a disgrace

Another bizarre Chas Greenism:

I also said ‘I’ve never been to any church where there hasn’t been a collection. Rangers is now my church and I’m collecting money’. I don’t want people to love me, apart from my children

Pardon Chas???

Someone needs to compile an anthology of Greenisms :)

He better watch what he says.

Remember this-

I wouldn't worry too much about it. A group of celtic supporters turned up at Ibrox to 'celebrate' their league win. They threw bottles at female members of Rangers staff. The PF decided not to proceed with legal action despite at least 2 of them being caught on camera throwing the bottles/cans.

Here we are, selling off the various parts of the Rangers dynasty and meanwhile Charles Green, who doesn't own Rangers, is in negotiation with the agent of Gattuso to discuss terms for his return to the most successful club in the universe (SSN this morning). The club can't sign any players while they are in administration and there is still talk that Rangers are considering the sanction of the transfer embargo as perhaps acceptable after all.

Even if we accept that Green's representation of the club is legitimate, he has a strange idea of his priorities when he is chasing people he can't sign while 'his' club are on the brink of extinction.

It seems to me that there are a couple of pages missing from the Rangers administration story because none of this makes any sense at all.

The club needs to line up players to cover the eventuality that we can make signings. Plenty of other things have been dicussed by Green too. Plus it's a wee bit of good publicity for the club in the midst of an oceam of bad publicity.