Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Did you ask him to desist from his sectarianism? If not did you approach a steward or police officer to ask for them to have a word with the offender? Were there any bears who asked him or the stewards to deal with the situation?

As Edmund Burke once said

The first port of call for eradicating bigotry should be abolishing religious segregation in the country's schools.

It creates the first visible division for children and without it then it can only help to remove the initial differences between RC's and Protestants.

Obviously there's still the problem of knuckledragging parents but i don't think it would take too long to make big inroads when children aren't faced with the religious aspects when they start school.

I wasn't at the Ibrox league match v United after the split, but fans who were there tell me the Rangers support indulged in a bit of a sash fest, and Rangers fans who I speak to tell me that their support has got worse in the sectarian aspect since administration.

But United fans who attended that night also informed me that Mr Jardine did his best to whip up the hatred, making a speech about 'our enemies' then returning with a flag/banner, waving it towards our small group of fans. Rangers followers lapped it all up, cementing the views of those present from United that it really isn't a minority who are arseholes.

In my (long) experience, I'd say the vast majority of Rangers supporters are living in the past, following a team with dated tradition, almost in the manner of the Branch Davidians, with Sandy Jardine all too ready to take on the David Koresh role.

This is our Waco siege! ohmy.gif

Do you know the Jerry Kerr stand? The guy was in the front row and was only feet away from a Steward and a policeman. It is their job to take action. He was actually goading them..Challenging them to lift him..and eventually they did.

If you are asking if i would ask someone to stop...Yep not a problem and have done it on many occasions at Ibrox. I am not claiming to be some big hard man by any stretch of the imagination but i can look after myself and would never be intimidated by a daft bigot..That said i can understand why others might think twice about confronting bigots. I suppose it is up to the individual and the circumstances. Remember i take my son to these games and don't want him influenced by these arseholes and making the same mistakes i have in the past.

If you don't want your son influenced by these idiots then why take him in the first place? I walked away from supporting Celtic when as a 16 year old I finally realised what was actually going on, there is no way I'd let my son or daughter allow their minds to be warped in the way mine was.

ETA the 'it's not my problem' argument has never held any water.

Edited by stonedsailor

The first port of call for eradicating bigotry should be abolishing religious segregation in the country's schools.

It creates the first visible division for children and without it then it can only help to remove the initial differences between RC's and Protestants.

Obviously there's still the problem of knuckledragging parents but i don't think it would take too long to make big inroads when children aren't faced with the religious aspects when they start school.

The only way to eradicate bigotry is for religion to be eradicated but that will never happen, people are too reliant on ancient fairy tales to get them through the grind that is life.

I didn't even know the National Front were still on the go. Or is this a Newco National Front?

You've got it right and haven't at the same time.

Back in the 80s, during their "let a thousand initiatives bloom" era (ie. let's try every idea and see if any of them work), two factions formed, one around Patrick Harrington and a certain Nick Griffin called the Third Way (aka the so-called "Political Soldiers", although that term is largely a Gerry Gable invention) which was largely influenced by European fascism and had a thing for skinhead thugs for their dirty work, and the other called the Flag faction which was rather like the old League Of Empire Loyalists (ie. hang em, flog em, send em back, Disgusted Tunbridge Wells), run by a certain Martin Wingfield, Tina "Tin Tin" Denny (soon to be Wingfield) and Ian Anderson.

Eventually matters got so sour between the two competing halves, they stood rival candidates at the Vauxhall by-election (Harrington for the "Official" NF, and Ted Budden - who looked alarmingly like Holly from Red Dwarf! - for the "Flag NF"). It went to court, and Harrington's faction won, only to find the majority of members surprisingly backed the Wingfields and Anderson, so they left to form a new group called the International Third Position (which sounds more like a sex manual) until they all fell out with each other in turn.

The Flag faction ten years later then tried to change the name to the National Democrats, but a group around bookie John McAuley demanded it be put to a vote officiated by the Electoral Reform Society (who used to referee ballots for a fee). Despite promises, the first the ERS knew about what when Anderson announced the name change "won" the ballot. Cue another split from the "leaders", and the National Democrats lasted about two years before vanishing.

The current NF are easily the poorest organised version of any of their previous incarnations, largely because Griffin was astute enough to snap up any potential new leaders (John Bean, Andrew Brons) waiting in the wings from retired far-right veterans into the BNP, and Richard Edmonds (John Tyndall's chief rimjobber) rejoining the NF will be enough to put anyone else capable of organising a piss up in a brewery away from them after the debacle of the Brick Lane Bunker he presided over.

I didn't even know the National Front were still on the go. Or is this a Newco National Front?

Yes they are still on the go and trying to make gains amongst disgruntled EDL and BNP members presently. The NF together with the EDL had a big part in the disturabances in Newcastle last weekend.

They're not a "newco" either, it's the same party that looked briefly threatening in the late 70s.

The only way to eradicate bigotry is for religion to be eradicated but that will never happen, people are too reliant on ancient fairy tales to get them through the grind that is life.

Scotland is hardly a religious haven, ffs i can count on one hand the number of people i know who regularly go to church or chapel.

The only reason religion is still relevent today is because of schools, witout this the majority of the bigotry would disappear within a generation.

Edited by blanco

If you don't want your son influenced by these idiots then why take him in the first place? I walked away from supporting Celtic when as a 16 year old I finally realised what was actually going on, there is no way I'd let my son or daughter allow their minds to be warped in the way mine was.

It is my Club and i am sure i am not going to walkaway and leave it to the bigots. Nah Bollocks to that. I'll be there long after they have all gone and so will my son. I wont back down and wont stop being critical of that element in our support.

You chose to go another way and fair play to you.

Dundee Hibee...Yep there has been a couple of attempts to start singing The Billy Boys since administration. The feeling seems to be that after we lost the 10 points and were in Administration what else could they do to us...This is the mentality of these nutters. They don't seem to grasp that it has to be stopped as it is just not acceptable in the 21st century and not just because the club will be punished. So far their efforts have failed but it does highlight that they are still there and just sitting silent

Scotland is hardly a religious haven, ffs i can count on one hand the number of people i know who regularly go to church or chapel.

The only reason religion is still relavent today is because of schools, witout this the majority of the bigotry would disappear within a generation.

That is pure speculation however if there was no religion how could there be religious bigotry. Before schooling there were religious wars the religious differences never came about because of schooling. Stupid tangent to take the discussion on to anyway, things will not change in our lifetime, the factions in conflict may, but the same stupid arguments will continue.

Edited by stonedsailor

The Rangers. Why is it The Rangers? Is it to make sure we don't refer to Them as The Other Rangers, or A Rangers? Or Power Rangers?

Or are they like quarks, is there Up Rangers, Down Rangers, Strange Rangers, Charm Rangers, Bottom Rangers and Top Rangers?

Scrap that last one, there won't be any Top Rangers for a few years to come.

oo err missus how queer wink.gif

It is my Club and i am sure i am not going to walkaway and leave it to the bigots. Nah Bollocks to that. I'll be there long after they have all gone and so will my son. I wont back down and wont stop being critical of that element in our support.

You chose to go another way and fair play to you.

I hope you are right, I really do, I believe the majority of the arseholes will walk away from the newco anyway.

That is pure speculation however if there was no religion how could there be religious bigotry.

Well there's always going to be religion so there will always be bigotry'

Before schooling there were religious wars they religious differences never came about because of schooling.

you're seriously not trying to tell me that idiot's spewing this shite in football stadiums are doing it because they're up in arms about things that happened in the 16th century.

Stupid tangent to take the discussion on to anyway, things will not change in our lifetime, the factions in conflict may, but the same stupid arguments will continue.

There's nothing stupid about it, the only interraction that the majority of children in this country have with religion is via school.

If they didn't have the initial segregation then the problem would soon start to go away.

@MLS: 8' GOAL! Carlos Bocanegra gets his boot back on just in time to tap home a rebound. #USMNT leads it 1-0.

Ah.. Shop Window eh?

It was a tap in on the goal line after a decent stop from their 'Keeper. Mo Edu is also playing...still 1-0 and unbelievably one sided. Hopefully a better 2nd half.

Edit to add...2-0...Dempsey penalty after Donovan had been fouled

Edited by No8.

As far as I can see it, the situation is relatively simple now.

CVA fails on June 14th.

BDO roll in to replace D&P on June 15th

Liquidation commences June 16th.

The only question is whether the asset sale to Green has been prevented by this appointment of BDO. I think it will have. Therefore we have open market bidding on Rangers' scraps, meaning the timescale for forming a Newco will be thrown and there will be little to no chance of a "Rangers" in the SPL next season. The last bit is purely conjecture, but we can only hope. 8)

This of course would deem all investigations and potential punishments for Rangers redundant.

??? I think there will be a bidding war when Rangers does tits up and who ever buys the stadium buys the license for the SPL vacancy and that's worth millions over years ! Baron Greenback is very keen to put into the public domain that he will buy the club for a song ? chancer coz the clubs worth £50 million at least even with crappy players in this league with Euro runs just about guaranteed every year.

Here's what I think even if the club goes for around £30 million in an auction there abouts ! the investors know it's one of the 2 largest clubs in Scotland and champs league is almost guaranteed if the club is run legally and properly for sure and could earn them a million a year if they threw £5 million into it and even in a decent Europa league run.The fact that the BTC is no longer a problem automatically pushes up the price times six at least with no other outgoings for a new club with a 100,000 plus fan base just in the city it is located in never mind the support times 2 or 3 plus outside the boundaries.No matter what you think the Rangers alone are worth the future investment if it's done properly,Rangers do not need to spend £100 plus million every other year to compete in the EPL because £10 million would almost win the league here I'm sure.

Make no mistake there will be a Rangers team in the SPL next season because every B*stard in authority will make sure there is no matter what !.Our anuses have been lubed already for them and we know by the way the powers that be have been giving press releases recently.If this was any other team outside the 5 most supported in Scotland they would already be dead at the end of the season.

Edited by hellbhoy

Hellboy is taking these clips from KDS. He could at least acknowledge the creators. Plagiarism is not cool. :D

??? WTF man what's your problem matey ?........ If you actually read all the posts on here like I do then you would know I do a google search in the images option with different wordings in each search with the word "GIFS" at the end then you maybe could find something funny as well.I have never claimed to make them and I'm am passing on the makers works for everyone to enjoy ..... and thank f**k some people actually take the time to make these GIF's that I enjoy as much as anyone.

GOOGLE is my source for GIF's ? so now everybody knows WHOOPEE and BIG DEAL and MEGA THANKS to those who make funny GIF's I share on here !!!!! well done guys and put your name on them 8).

AND FYI I've never been on KDS although I did wander onto TALK CELTIC a couple of times ! although I've been on RAGERS MEDIA umpteen times through addiction to it coz of the bigotry and makes me laff like fook ha ha :lol:.

No. There's no diddy supporter called that on here. Green bigot's aren't 'our' no matter how much they try.

YO man take chill pill FFS coz there are actually good old firm fans who want what all the "so called diidy fans want" I call them the other supporters RIGHY'O ! without the other 40 teams I would never have a team to support and P&B have the best of the rest OK.The other only teams forums are reeking wi pish coz they only have their own supporters and P&B have a very good mix of all the Scottish teams support including the juniors OK and that's important to me coz the next Dennis Law could come from a junior side that maybe have been financed by a new format in spreading the wealth.We as a nation excel in talent it's just keeping them here in Scotland that's the problem and if we could then we would compete at a level in Europe not seen since the mid 80's.And incase you didn't notice about 70% of our national team is made up from players playing in the EPL or Championship that were raised and trained in Scotland till they were bribed by money down south.

BIG PICTURE ? CAN YOU SEE IT ?