Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

<br />So a newco is the only way Rangers can play in SPL next season (subject to rules changes for this to happen for the newco to get license) ?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

No, it's my guess that the SFA will suspend Rangers for a season, Rangers will then appeal to the CAS, and their suspension will be suspended until CAS reports back. Guaranteeing Rangers at least one more season in the SPL as CAS are notoriously slow in dealing with these things.

But there is no bigotry at Ibrox. I know this for a fact as No8 has frequently said so.

For the sake of clarity it would be best to quote No8 in full:

There is no bigotry at Ibrox. It's just a rumour put about by these tarrier b*****ds.

<br /><br /><br />

No, it's my guess that the SFA will suspend Rangers for a season, Rangers will then appeal to the CAS, and their suspension will be suspended until CAS reports back. Guaranteeing Rangers at least one more season in the SPL as CAS are notoriously slow in dealing with these things.

Wont happen, the whole Sion fiasco was down to their punishment being ordered to be suspended in lieu of the CaS verdict.

So why, Mr Green, are you now asking your old granny to punish you by holding your willy in her shaky hand?

Lmao, sorry but my green dot embargo has kicked in again.

They could buy Airdrie and get straight into the First Division, but Airdrie also know that and therefore they can name their price.

Not sure it would actually cost that much.Jim Ballantyne is a well known Bun fan.He may well settle for a small payment,and a seat on the new Rangers board.The fact he is President of the SFL is a big advantage to a Green buyout.

not sure who i hate more rangers or airdrie

can they both die?

No :lol: You're not still smarting over the broken crossbar are you :P

This is the one scenario i would struggle with. I understand why people are talking about Airdrie but the thought of putting another club out the game is just so unpalatable i don't think i could support the Newco. I would be totally sickened if this was to happen

You get my respect also,there aren't many of you unselfish bears out there these days.I was not overly happy at what we did to Clydebank,we got,correction,we still do get a lot of stick over it.

Having said that,you do slowly come round to realising that you would still rather have a team to watch each week,than not have one.I do feel for the Bankies fans though.

I know the whole Clydebank/Airdrie United carry on but still would not want to see another club suffering due to our clubs gross mismanagement

Well they say what goes round,comes round.Maybe this is Airdries bit coming around again.I honestly feel that you will exist in some form next season.I just hope it's not at the expense of us.

Well they say what goes round,comes round.Maybe this is Airdries bit coming around again.I honestly feel that you will exist in some form next season.I just hope it's not at the expense of us.

I've been off here a couple of days, so forgive me, where on earth has this 'buying Airdrie' stuff come from?

FFS that would end me and the game back home forever. It would make Scottish football a shite version of the Indian Premier League cricket.

It doesn't matter if he'd accept the signing ban. The panel can't give it as a punishment as if Green does walking away the Blue Knight Quantums could steam in and have the SFA up for contempt.

There's far too much talk about what Rangers would accept. Rangers don't get a say in what the punishment is and the idea that they negotiate their punishment is preposterous.

The SFA, of course, must select punishment from what is available and now that the COS have ruled that the transfer embargo is not available to them, the SFA can decide on the punishment from what they have in their rules. No matter what Rangers agree to, the transfer embargo should now be consigned to history as a sanction that was never available to the tribunal.

They originally felt that both suspension and expulsion were too harsh when they arrived at the decision to hand down the embargo but now they need to reconsider the options open to them and use the sanction that is the most appropriate. On reflection, the tribunal may decide that the most relevant sanction from those available is either the suspension or the expulsion.

Some people have been arguing that because they already stated that both of these were too harsh that these are no longer sanctions that can be chosen. This is nonsense. We are not playing a child's game with one side claiming "It's not fair, they said this or they said that"

If the tribunal had stated that they chose the embargo because the other sanctions available were either too harsh or too lenient, would that mean that they would be powerless to apply any sanction at all ? The obvious answer to this is of course............no !

If the panel opt for a suspension or for expulsion, I can't see Rangers returning to the COS with any hope of success. It would be a perfectly reasonable decision and certainly not unlawful. Rangers deliberately witheld tax. It wasn't an oversight, it wasn't an administrative error. They have admitted their guilt and they have committed a serious offence.

If it is going to be anything short of expulsion, I can see no way that the ultimate sanction will not be applied when their further offences are considered by the SFA / SPL..

Edited by Cutty Old

That young Russian boy Dzagoev looks not bad. Couple of great finishes tonight and at only 21 can only get better.

Anybody else think The Rangers should take a chance on him?

The Rangers. Why is it The Rangers? Is it to make sure we don't refer to Them as The Other Rangers, or A Rangers? Or Power Rangers?

Or are they like quarks, is there Up Rangers, Down Rangers, Strange Rangers, Charm Rangers, Bottom Rangers and Top Rangers?

Scrap that last one, there won't be any Top Rangers for a few years to come.

I've been off here a couple of days, so forgive me, where on earth has this 'buying Airdrie' stuff come from?

FFS that would end me and the game back home forever. It would make Scottish football a shite version of the Indian Premier League cricket.

It started from this post quoted below.

Time for you to wake up and smell the coffee.

The CVA will be rejected, the SFA and SFL will hand down heavy punishments for your clubs cheating and HMRC will win the BTC, Charles Green will do a bolter and Rangers will die, they will no longer exist.

Someone responsible ( a rarity at Ibrox I know) does know what's going to happen, I'm told by an enlightened friend (who is also a hvn) that a Lanarkshire based 2nd Division club has already been sounded out about becoming a newco rangers of sorts, HMRC under no circumstances will agree to the CVA and will have Rangers assets seized and liquidated, Charles Green will disappear off the scene and despite Doncasters best efforts the EBT, coupled with the BTC nonsense will see the end of Rangers.

To be honest, it's no more than your vile institution deserve, they've been cheating in this country for so long as I can remember

People just started to put 2+2 together,and came up with why Airdrie would be the club they would go for if this were true.

I think you are correct it is an own goal given the general standard of posts coming from members of FF and RM, however, I think it's the most positive things I have seen coming from anyone connected with either of the old firm. If he is serious and yearns to drive bigotry from one side of the arse cheeks I'd be delighted, I think it's just showmanship though.

Green's marketing chums need to tell him that that's a winner - if he somehow emerges from this with a functioning Glasgow Rangers in his hands, he needs to adopt that as the club's official mantra, and plaster it on everything in the same way that my shitey club have Rovers Till I Die (sic) embroidered on everything that isn't nailed down, printed on club stationery (you must be able to get a clip art version of it), and tattooed on to all players brought in under the new regime, and their wives and girlfriends

Glasgow Rangers (2012) - yearning to drive bigotry from one side of the arse cheeks

it just *works*, people...

That young Russian boy Dzagoev looks not bad. Couple of great finishes tonight and at only 21 can only get better.

Anybody else think The Rangers should take a chance on him?

I was thinking the same. I fully expect that to be the Record's back page on, let's see, Thursday!

im so glad charlie green has nailed the answer to the question everyone has been fudging

What he’s suggesting, rather than get a CVA through that retains all the history and tradition, we should go down the newco route. I mean why would a true fan suggest that?"

so there we have it, official from the owner-elect of the **** or new ****. if its a newco it doesnt retain the history.......we all knew this but its good to see it out there official like.

Cheers.

So it's not Albion Rovers he is on about then?

Someone gave the reasons why the Rovers were not the club.The fact Jim Ballantyne is a Bun fan,he has spoke of walking away in the past,he is the SFL President,the fact if Rangers cease to exist then Airdrie get promoted to Div 1.So you can see why we look a tempting prospect to approach for a takeover.

It's all just talk and what ifs at the moment,but if things dont go Rangers way then anything is possible.

The SFL Rules quoted before deal with how they would handle a newco from within their leagues. Don't think they cover this scenario.

With regards to Rangers automatically becoming a member of the SFL, I don't think this would happen in the scenario that the SPL don't transfer the league share.

If this happens then Rangers won't have been "relegated", however they will stop being a member of the SPL. If they have their SFA membership transferred they could apply to become a member of the SFL, but they wouldn't automatically become a member.

What the SFL rules say about relation from the SPL:

What the SPL have to say about relegation to the SFL:

So relegation and promotion between the two leagues is only as laid out in the rules. And only relates to the top team in SFL1 and the bottom team in the SPL. Any other team leaving the SPL for any other reason isn't being "relegated" and so wouldn't automatically drop into SFL1.

Any other movement between the leagues due to Rangers going bust would have to be done through application (Dundee have already applied to be in next seasons SPL and Rangers would have to apply for a place in the SFL). Though if they got kicked out during the season then Dunfermline would not have been relegated, this is laid out clearly in the SPL Rules.

So, the 3rd division scenario, maybe, isnt as complicated as I thought then?

they said

The registration prohibition struck a balancewhich was relevant to the mischief and proportionate to the breach

if a 12 month transfer ban is proportionate then suspension or explusion (which is far harsher) is surely disproportionate.

they didn't consider a cup ban because they thought a transfer ban fitted perfectly. going by that document no consideration at all was given to a cup ban so carloway will have to look at that himself.

What actually are you trying to say? You seem to flit from one argument to the next, without actually making a coherent point