Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Grazing land in Scotland is around £4000 an acre. The pitch at Ibrox is two acres so you have a guaranteed value of £8000 right there.

Put a few sheep on it, convert the offices into bedrooms and you've got yourself a pied a terre for visiting teuchters with ensuite "extras".

Page 1690 should just be 25 posts with variations of 8yEFQ.gif, the big hoose h*n, we don't do walking away, and :lol:

Page 1690 should tie in rather well with 14th of June, or if there is any serendipity in the world it should do.

As taken from todays Sun

Liquidation could see assets like Ibrox and Murray Park — valued at £109.5million — sold off.

Rangers also have a leasehold at a car park near the stadium, thought to be worth almost £3million, while goodwill and trademarks for the club are put at £660,000. The playing staff have been valued at around £7.5million while fixtures and fittings are thought to be worth £4million.

Surely this is a no brainer for creditors....far better than Chasbo's offer which in reality could muster about 2p in the £ depending on outcomes!!!

Thats more than a little misleading though. The players are worth hee-haw if the club is liquidated. The goodwill and trademarks are, similarly, worthless if their is no SFA/SPL membership.

As Bearwithme said, Ibrox and Murray Park are virtually worthless in anything but their current forms. The £100m is basically the insurance value of what it would cost to rebuild both should the be burnt down, destroyed etc, its nowhere near what they would fetch in an open sale.

Im not sure who would even consider buying Ibrox, but I would like to think the SFA might put in a bid for Murray park and use it as their own youth academy and training facilities.

Either way, whilst £5m for the lot is taking the proverbial, so is this article quoting figures like this.

One last point, under newco, the £5m Green is paying is only listed as being for the goodwill etc of the club. There is no value attached to the property ... make of that what you will.

A derelict build can be knocked down whether its a listed building or not. If its in a state of decay and a danger to the public then its a gonner.

Yes, but there would be a statutory repair notice served on the owners first, potentially with the council stepping in to carry out said repairs and suing the owners. That would be a laugh.

I know many of you desperately wish for the extinction of Rangers but the market value of Ibrox is basically zero. Where are the buyers for a large football stadium? Or for land in Govan which would need to have a large football stadium removed from it? Auchenhowie isn't worth much on the market either especially since there are planning restrictions.

Plenty of things you could do. For a start flog the seats to season ticket holders at £75 a pop......bingo, the creditors have £3,000,000 alone and the season ticket holder has a nice reminder out in his back garden!! Cut the pitches up and flog turf memorabilia at £50 a cut. Ipox could be put to many uses to raise money!!

I'm afraid I think the £5m for the physical assets is about right.

I understand it is based on Murray Park having an estimated disposal value of £4-6m, with it having restrictions on future land use (the £4-6m is basing on it's conversion to another sporting/leisure purpose), and estimating it might take 2 years to shift.

A agree with Ibroke having a notional disposal value of Nil with no sitting fitba team, it being riddled with asbestos, and having a listed frontage. I forsee no great potential for conversion to housing or other commercial use in that part of Glasgow. You also have to factor-in that there would be Orcs camped-out in front of the bulldozers the day they moved-in, and any developer and their family would be sure to be subjected to abuse/presents through the post. It simply makes the land too toxic to clear-up for alternative use.

I'm sure there's plenty of things in and around Ibrox that could be dismantled, stripped and sold.

There's also all those offices, what about the rental portfolio, what about renting the ground out, there's also a gym I believe etc.

They've undervalued it totally, I'd give them £1 million for it, bet I could make that back from it in a couple of days.

Plenty of things you could do. For a start flog the seats to season ticket holders at £75 a pop......bingo, the creditors have £3,000,000 alone and the season ticket holder has a nice reminder out in his back garden!! Cut the pitches up and flog turf memorabilia at £50 a cut. Ipox could be put to many uses to raise money!!

I'm sure some expat Bear would pay a lot of money to have the big gates outside his big hoose ranch in Texas...

I fully agree but to voice such opinions makes you part of an anti catholic conspiracy according to the church hierarchy and their brainwashed flocks.

At risk of sending this thread off in another direction and having my botty smacked by admin ... I agree with the view that schools shouldn't be segregated by faith/religion.

However, I'm anxious to see the evidence that having 'Catholic' schools contributes to the problems at hand. Got any? Perhaps the problem, curiously enough, is non-denominational schools. God knows, I had to listen to enough sectarian tripe from schoolmates during my six years at Duncanrig.

Perhaps we're looking in the wrong place.

Anyhoo ...

Like some of the more recent posts, I don't think a fire sale of assets would raise a huge amount of money. More than Green's £5m? Mibbes aye, mibbes naw but far from certain.

The creditors as a whole don't matter, it's down to Ticketus and HMRC. Ticketus don't care what Rangers do and seem to reckon they'll get cash from Craig Whyte. HMRC on the other hand do care since they know the example this sets to everyone else. I can't imagine they'll consider this CVA anything other than a piss take (retaining money to fund the business is not unreasonable, retaining money so the business isn't just funded but thriving in a sporting context is completely unreasonable) even ignoring the fact it fails various points on their check list to accept it.

Incidentally, given HMRC must have goodness knows how many people working on the Rangers issues, the fact that absolutely none of them ever seem is leak anything to the press is hugely impressive.

Edited by Handsome_Devil

Grazing land in Scotland is around £4000 an acre. The pitch at Ibrox is two acres so you have a guaranteed value of £8000 right there.

Put a few sheep on it, convert the offices into bedrooms and you've got yourself a pied a terre for visiting teuchters with ensuite "extras".

Ibrox as a sex tourism destination for the North Easts discerning mutton-ophile? Big wellies and velcro gloves on sale at what used to be the club shop? The chance to have your wicked way with a Bluefaced Leicester on the old penalty spot? I like it.

Or convert it to a seminary with particularly good sporting facilities. Whichever annoys them more.

Edited by williemillersmoustache

I'm sure some expat Bear would pay a lot of money to have the big gates outside his big hoose ranch in Texas...

Could always melt them down for munitions. After all, there's a war on.

Ibrox as a sex tourism destination for the North Easts discerning mutton-ophile? Big wellies and velcro gloves on sale at what used to be the club shop? The chance to have your wicked way with a Bluefaced Leicester on the old penalty spot? I like it.

Or convert it to seminary with particularly good sporting facilities. Whichever annoys them more.

The love match of the discerning sheep-dipper - so I'm reliably informed.

At risk of sending this thread off in another direction and having my botty smacked by admin ... I agree with the view that schools shouldn't be segregated by faith/religion.

However, I'm anxious to see the evidence that having 'Catholic' schools contributes to the problems at hand. Got any? Perhaps the problem, curiously enough, is non-denominational schools. God knows, I had to listen to enough sectarian tripe from schoolmates during my six years at Duncanrig.

Perhaps we're looking in the wrong place.

Anyhoo ...

Non-denominational schools are pretty much anything but.

Religion should be removed from schools completely if its out with the classroom.

I have no issue with it being taught as a subject (covering all the various superstitions and treated on a par with Greek mythology) but to have assemblies consisting of any religious tones is totally unacceptable in my view.

Until 'non-denominational schools' remove the religious element, there is less of an argument for removing Catholic schools.

I know many of you desperately wish for the extinction of Rangers but the market value of Ibrox is basically zero. Where are the buyers for a large football stadium? Or for land in Govan which would need to have a large football stadium removed from it? Auchenhowie isn't worth much on the market either especially since there are planning restrictions.

It still should be in the hands of the creditors to decide that though, nobody else.

We keep hearing the land is worthless but i'm sure some expert could find a use for it.

HMRC on the other hand do care since they know the example this sets to everyone else. I can't imagine they'll consider this CVA anything other than a piss take (retaining money to fund the business is not unreasonable, retaining money so the business isn't just funded but thriving in a sporting context is completely unreasonable) even ignoring the fact it fails various points on their check list to accept it.

I agree with this. I can see HMRC nuking Rangers as a shot across the bows of other 'big' clubs. Somehow sinking a leading (it says here) Scottish club won't be as heinous as going after a Premiership club.