Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

:barf

Can't remember if it was a 'famous' quote, but somewhere in my mind I dredge up :

''Scotland will never be properly Free until the last minister is strangled with the last ever copy of The Sunday Post''

It's paraphrasing the French philosopher Denis Diderot, who said/wrote: "Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." cool.gif

I see Dodds is described as a 'Football Journalist' laugh.gif

Why does he start so many of his paragraphs with a but? More effective if he tried starting with a but, but, but. That would show his desperation better as he tries to make a point which he knows lacks logic or common sense.

I think of him as an ex something or other. Ex player at Partick Thistle and elsewhere, ex assistant manager at QOS and such. Ex radio pundit (pundit = big mouth, no brain).

"It is fine to shout about sporting integrity but what will happen when the financial reality starts to bite..." he says.

In other words do as Rangers did and start from a basis of corruption and lack of integrity, break the rules (and the law) and as long as the money keeps coming in you will be fine.

"the sooner an agreement is reached the better. It is only then that we can start to get back to the business of trying to rebuild the game and get back to talking football."

Yes Billy, that is exactly what we want to happen. But not by appeasing the old Rangers family just because they are big and bully people. That will only give us more of the same or worse in the longer term. WE want something better. Much better.

Did Billy really come up with the phrase 'frightening proposition' on his own?

He told us to "trust me on that one." That's a bit like putting FACT at the end of a sentence.

I believe in Craig Burley.

Also, I don't think for a second Craig Burley wrote that. He might have said it, but he didn't write it.

From "Craig's" article

"Kyle Lafferty has signed for FC Sion in Switzerland. That is a good league and there's every chance he will get found out "

there is more to the sentence but it just detracts from the main message.

Edited by thelegendthatis

It's paraphrasing the French philosopher Denis Diderot, who said/wrote: "Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." cool.gif

thankyouplease, true it be...

Profile has been suspended - what did it say?

A load of shoite like from his speech.

Apparantly folk keep reporting it so it gets suspended, reopened, suspended etc etc.... Should provide comedy gold when it settles down a bit.

I am pretty much done with this farrago. We, as a footballing nation, are a complete laughing stock.

A question for another day, but are we a footballing nation? There's certainly a love for the game but I'm no longer sure the Scottish game is what's loved and there's the rub. sad.gif

KDS rumour just there CockWomble going :unsure:

Please please please be true....

Edit to say I am never normally on there but was looking to see if anybody had saved Bombers tweets..

Edited by wunfellaff

The statement is still valid and holds sway; oh yes the game has moved on, forcing the other clubs to reveal their hands .. my point exactly.

(3 months plus later before the others clubs start deciding what public statements they would like to release because their fans DEMAND it)

1. Celtic made their position clear in February that they do not need Rangers

2. Other SPL clubs wait until their fans are ranting about returning their season tickets before issuing a statement.

Speaks volumes.

1. Celtic made their position clear in February that they do not need Rangers

Might not need them, but do they want them? wink.gif

I know this is old news now but that's me just got round to watching John Browns speech at Ibrox.

Absolutely priceless at 12:22....

Brown- "Wance we fun oot whos names oan the title deeds, youse'll buy thum oot".

'Lady' in the crowd- "Here's 20 quid".

Brilliant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY_wjFY9swg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

:lol:

First watch I've had too. The baying mob when he says "...he'll be huntit the rest o' his days" and when he went off-topic and into space/time discussion "where do we go fae noo?" are my favourites.

KDS rumour just there CockWomble going :unsure:

Please please please be true....

Edit to say I am never normally on there but was looking to see if anybody had saved Bombers tweets..

Hmm ... if that's true I wonder why and what the implications are. Rats jumping ship? Or is there something really pretty toxic in the pipeline many of us are not going to like?

A statement does not have to be published on the club's website to make it a valid statement. It was made to the 'press' and released to the public.

Your hypocrisy knows no bounds, where were you when the other clubs remained silent?

Celtic do not have to repeat their position it was made public loud and clear unlike the silent majority.

The fans of 'other clubs' basically force their chairmen to speak up months later and now you try to gain the moral high ground ... amazing.

We've heard nothing since February. Even that was a cursory two-minute blurb to a reporter.

Other clubs have come out and made their position clear on this unfortunate scenario while Celtic have slunk about in the shadows.

The Spartans ST's are excellent value btw; Locos ST for the new season are £120 for the terracing, £150 for Main Stand and £60 concession :o

Hamilton Accies are only £150 for adults ...sadly and bizarrely the same price for concessions. They were only £130 last season with kids tickets thrown in free.

A statement does not have to be published on the club's website to make it a valid statement. It was made to the 'press' and released to the public.

Your hypocrisy knows no bounds, where were you when the other clubs remained silent?

Celtic do not have to repeat their position it was made public loud and clear unlike the silent majority.

The fans of 'other clubs' basically force their chairmen to speak up months later and now you try to gain the moral high ground ... amazing.

What a fucking spanner.

Irrelevant since the statement they replied to was whether or not they needed them and the answer was clear .. Celtic do not need them

Again I'll ask the point you all seem to body swerve, since Alex Salmond stated "the whole of Scottish football needed them to survive" where were the other clubs then?

The two are bed-partners. They don't need Rangers, as my club doesn't need Rangers. We've clearly stated our intention on the upcoming vote. You'd think the biggest club in the land would want to express it's thoughts on the integrity and justice within the competitions it plays in.