Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

What sort of vote is that?

I can't comment on the SFL vote, but all the SPL clubs could do today was decide whether to allow Sevco into the league or not. Those were the only options available. In that sense I just can't agree that it was a sham.

They could have, of course, postponed the vote which would have been cowardly. At least an answer has finally been delivered albeit one that has taken far far too long to be heard.

Regan's comments are a different matter and should be dealt with separate from today's vote. They are shameful, disgusting and in my view an automatic gross misconduct issue. At no point should the figurehead of a national FA be suggesting that the rule of law (in the shape of "social unrest") be in danger.

Edited by Ric

I'm sure they'll get enough volunteers if that's all that's on offer.

I think Turnbull Hutton was trying to let us know something fishy was happening.

It's not "all that's on offer". Rangers being in SFL3 is very much "on offer".

Of the current SFL1 clubs, the comments from Morton, Raith, Dunfermline, Livingston and Cowdenbeath don't suggest that they would be up for it. That leaves you with 4 SFL1 clubs plus Sevco Rangers, meaning that you're talking about filling 5 places with 3rd tier clubs. And that's if those clubs don't tell them to GTF too.

EDIT: There is opposition to SPL2 from within the SPL as well.

Edited by craigkillie

I can't comment on the SFL vote, but all the SPL clubs could do today was decide whether to allow Sevco into the league or not. Those were the only options available. In that sense I just can't agree that it was a sham.

They could have, of course, postponed the vote which would have been cowardly. At least an answer has finally been delivered albeit one that has taken far far too long to be heard.

Regan's comments are a different matter and should be dealt with separate from today's vote. They are shameful, disgusting and in my view an automatic gross misconduct issue. At no point should the figurehead of a national FA be suggesting that the rule of law (in the shape of "social unrest") be in danger.

If Regan's to believed, all todays vote has done is guarantee the SPL clubs their desired outcome, Sevco out of the league for the minimum desired time and all their fans are happy, win win for the SPL.

It's not "all that's on offer". Rangers being in SFL3 is very much "on offer".

Regan says different.

The formation of an SPL2 will be pursued in order to accommodate the Ibrox club if they are rejected by the SFL next week.

Of the current SFL1 clubs, the comments from Morton, Raith, Dunfermline, Livingston and Cowdenbeath don't suggest that they would be up for it. That leaves you with 4 SFL1 clubs plus Sevco Rangers, meaning that you're talking about filling 5 places with 3rd tier clubs. And that's if those clubs don't tell them to GTF too.

If the SFA start a SPL2 they'll have the choice to join or head to the juniors, enough will twitch.

EDIT: There is opposition to SPL2 from within the SPL as well.

If the SFL vote newco to the 3rd the SPL will be sucking boabies to get an SPL2 up and running.

The guys voting may or may not have known this but they were just going through the motions as the SFL will be doing.

If the SFL vote for the 3rd we get SPL2 with Sevco in tier 2, if they vote them into the 1st we get Sevco in the 2nd tier with bells on.

What sort of vote is that?

Wouldn't shock me if they left MJ out of the loop due to his previous outspokenness.

Agreed. You have to wonder what the SPL chairman would have voted if it was a simple choice of SPL or Division 3. Fucking deplorable c***s in control of our game, it needs a revolution.

Edited by KillieJimbo

Surprised no-one has really commented on this (VT's trolling on the Falkirk statement taking top billing)

What are your sources Div? Or is this an opinion?

Has Regan gone absolutely bonkers ?

Why doesn't he just resign ?

Agreed. You have to wonder what the SPL chairman would have voted if it was a simple choice of SPL or Division 3. Fucking deplorable c***s in control of our game, it needs a revolution.

What constitutes bringing the game into disrepute?

FFS, managers dare to call it as they see it and they're done.

What constitutes bringing the game into disrepute?

FFS, managers dare to call it as they see it and they're done.

The problem we have is every one of them is culpable, from top to bottom. There is far too much cronyism in the game for it to be saved. From the president to the the managers in the junior leagues, the entire game is built around the OF.

I'd rather see the whole game go tits up than put up with this shite any longer tbh.

If/when the SFL do tell NewCo to apply for the third division as they're not getting into the 1st and the SPL create SPL2... who can they invite? Assuming all the clubs who've said they'll vote now are discounted.... Zombie Rangers and who else would get in? They'll end up trawling the Juniors to make the numbers up.

The problem we have is every one of them is culpable, from top to bottom. There is far too much cronyism in the game for it to be saved. From the president to the the managers in the junior leagues, the entire game is built around the OF.

I'd rather see the whole game go tits up than put up with this shite any longer tbh.

Starting to feel the same, came on here in a hope the fans don't turn on Killie as all the diddies will need every £ after that vote kind of mood 'til I stumbled on Regan's comments.

Edited by ayrmad

If Regan's to believed, all todays vote has done is guarantee the SPL clubs their desired outcome, Sevco out of the league for the minimum desired time and all their fans are happy, win win for the SPL.

You seem to be getting confused as to the difference between the SPL and the SFA. Two different bodies. If, going by your comments, you see the SFA as wanting Rangers to remain in, or as close to as possible to, the top league in the country, then the SPL refusing Sevco entry is at conflict with that.

The choice is now for the SFL to decide on, nothing to do with the SPL.

You have to wonder what the SPL chairman would have voted if it was a simple choice of SPL or Division 3.

Why on Earth would the SPL vote on anything other than the SPL? Like ayrmad you seem to be assuming the SPL has powers beyond it's remit.

Fucking deplorable c***s in control of our game, it needs a revolution.

Well that's an interesting comment considering it was your chairman who was the only one, other than Sevco themselves, who voted differently today.

If/when the SFL do tell NewCo to apply for the third division as they're not getting into the 1st and the SPL create SPL2... who can they invite? Assuming all the clubs who've said they'll vote now are discounted.... Zombie Rangers and who else would get in? They'll end up trawling the Juniors to make the numbers up.

They'll just pick the teams they want regardless of what they voted for.

Do you think Morton are going to say no when they know Ayr are next in line to be asked, don't be daft, you'd be slaughtering your board if you were playing Port Glasgow in a few weeks.

Starting to feel the same, came on here in a hope the fans don't turn on Killie as all the diddies will need every £ after that vote kind of mood 'til I stumbled on Regan's comments.

Our absolute balloon of a chairman has put us in a awkward situation no doubt. All I can say to mitigate it is that the fans in no way support his views. He's a total embarrassment and I really wonder how such a twat can get into a position of power. Then I look at Doncaster and suddenly it's all clear - nobody has a fucking clue about our game any more. Omnishambles doesn't even cover it.

Edited by KillieJimbo

Also, who says the current SPL clubs will agree to it? There will be more revolts from the fans if this is agreed.

Why on Earth would the SPL vote on anything other than the SPL? Like ayrmad you seem to be assuming the SPL has powers beyond it's remit.

Erm what? Surely you can figure out the difference between a 3-year and a 1-year gap to the scum being back in the SPL?

Well that's an interesting comment considering it was your chairman who was the only one, other than Sevco themselves, who voted differently today.

You're deluded if you believe the majority of the SPL wouldn't have voted yes to Rangers had fan power not let them see things straight. Probably only Hearts and Aberdeen would have voted against by will with Aberdeen doubtful. The rest jumped on the bandwagon and our (Killie's) slow witted chairman missed it.

Edited by KillieJimbo

They'll just pick the teams they want regardless of what they voted for.

Do you think Morton are going to say no when they know Ayr are next in line to be asked, don't be daft, you'd be slaughtering your board if you were playing Port Glasgow in a few weeks.

Playing The Port instead of Ayr.... tricky choice cool.gif