Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The Board is Jim Ballantyne(chairman), his mum Rose (director), sister Anne Marie (director) , all ex shareholders in oldcorpse, plus Honorory Pres ex-Rangers Ian McMillan.

http://airdriefc.com/board.html

Edit 'cos I'm a fud and got Jim and his dad John mixed up....

Much obliged - well done to whoever is doing the digging - a big big thanks

Edited by Wokcomble

You have to distinguish between 'boycotts' and simply walking away because youve had enough. A boycott is a protest from people who still care. Walking away is what people who no longer care do.

I dont think there will be any concerted boycott by significant numbers of fans of one club, against another club, apart from possibly a section of the Celtic support against Kilmarnock. If Rangers, after all they have been exposed as doing in the last 15 years, get a lifeline because of who they are, a lifeline that no other club has ever had, then lots of fans of clubs across the country will simply walk away. Thats not a boycott, thats a loss of interest and a loss of customer base which, in all likely-hood, would take a generation to recover from, if ever.

What the SFL clubs have to consider his week is the same as the the SPL clubs had to consider two weeks ago and its two simple questions.

1. What do we really believe ALL the consequences, benefits and drawbacks are to our club of admitting Newco to the 1st Division.

2. What do we really believe ALL the consequences, benefits and drawbacks are to our club of NOT admitting Newco to the 1st Division.

If a club with its own interests at heart believes they can survive without Newco in the 1st Division, they should vote NO

if a club with its own interests at heart believes they will go under without Newco in the 1st Division they should vote YES

If a club in the SFL seriously thinks they should cast a vote, contrary to their own interests AND contrary to their fans wishes but for the greater good of Scottish football in the eyes of that club, then they have to be prepared and willing to accept whatever backlash comes from their own fans.

On the back of the no vote my club is asking fans for initiatives to raise money because they are so worried about the consequences. We're charging 30 notes in to our CL qualifier because we need to. They seem pretty clear about it.

St Mirren's board at their meeting seemed pretty clear about the consequences too. Talk of redundancies, fears of administration. Yet there's calls for more boycotts if newco are in second tier. If people don't stop threatening to walk away when their specific set of demands aren't met there won't be anything left to boycott.

I'd rather have a club to support than not, so for that reason I don't support boycotts.

Much obliged - well done to whoever is doing the digging - a big big thanks

I'm sure I read recently that as long as the shareholdings are below a certain level (which they would be - it was quite low) and it was declared then its allowed.

But it shouldn't be.

145 years old TODAY :D

Wow. Thats quite the co-incidence.

I'm going to believe its a favourable omen.

For anyone who missed it:

"Tonight at half past eight o'clock a number of gentlemen met at No. 3 Eglinton Terrace for the purpose of forming a football club".

These words, taken from the minutes of a meeting held on July 9th 1867, heralded not only the birth of Queens Park F.C., but also the birth of Scottish Football itself.

The game had been played in public schools with their own versions of the code but it was Queens Park who led the way in the establishment of Association Football rules in Scotland.

Happy Birthday Queen's Park and Scottish Fitba.

Edited by Macshimmy

The pie of the ANTICRUST will be baked with the most succulent fatted LAMB

The EIGHT-HEADED board of the SFL will get CRUMBS from the table of the ANTICRUST

The TACHE of LEISHMAN will be abundant with the GREASE of the unrighteous! IT IS WRITTEN! FACT!!

4801755572_79a60853e2_z.jpg

mmmm nice metaphor even though atrifle overdone.

Probably a bit late in the day for this but Murdo Macleod reckons if there is no Rangers next season in the SPL then the league will be boring because we already know who will win it.

He must've been on the moon during the 90's then as Rangers romped to 9 in a row. In thinking about it i reckon in my 25 seasons following football i only failed maybe twice to predict a league winner.

Would he prefer Rangers in the SPL with no sanctions next season and we will give them a pile of cash to compete?

Is any ex old firm pro able to write something that isn't complete nonsense?

It's The End of their World And They Know It

... and we feel fine. smile.gif

This was one of the songs played pre game at Rangers last ever game at McDiarmid Park in May, It totally went over most of the Rangers fans heads, the club got complaints about the music but only because Kevin played at U2 song at the end of the game.

I am sure you all appreciate how difficult it is to keep up, find out who is threatening to do what (to whom), and cut through the fluff and nonsense we get chucked at us via the mainstream (well Jabba and Chic anyway) media.

Also one place where I could get an e mail address, and copies of emails that had been sent. Paged back sometime on P&B Big Hoose thread and finally gave up.

Here is a site created to try to help anyone who want to campaign against the dodgy dealers running Scottish football, and do our best to prevent them having a free run in imposing on Scottish football what we the supporters do NOT want.

This site is different to P&B which is all about sharing opinions, facts and hopes. This site is to support ACTION.

http://honestyinsport.weebly.com/index.html

Here you can get

Email addresses, phone numbers

Copies of emails and letters sent which can be copied or extracted from.

Links to the helpful sites that keep us informed.

Reminders of who is suing who, who the police are chasing and other formal actions.

Details of key dates ahead of us all.

Friday 13th will come and go, but that will not be the last stage in our campaign to clean up Scottish football. And hopefully we can help flush out the guilty who are more concerned with their own personal agenda than the wishes of the majority.

This site will be kept up to date as things change and progress is made. It would be helpful if you were to use the 'Give us your suggestions' option to correct any mistakes, and add more relevant information.

It is all about making it as easy as possible for everyone to state their case to the right people and ask them to do what you want.

All comments are welcome.

I just read what Craig Burley said yesterday in the Sunday Mail. Calling all lower league chairmen "muppets" and that clubs with an average gate of 500 should not be deciding on 'The Glorious Rangers'' future. Ok Burley and a chairman who had a club with an average gate of 50,000 knows better does he? It is because of this chairman Rangers and Scottish football is in such a mess.

I'm sorry but I would rather have Annan's chairman Henry McLelland deciding what happens to Scottish football than a Rangers bias Gordon Smith, Stewart Regan or Craig Whyte. At least McLelland puts Scottish football before money and size of club.

BBC Scotland's Post on Annan

I am sure you all appreciate how difficult it is to keep up, find out who is threatening to do what (to whom), and cut through the fluff and nonsense we get chucked at us via the mainstream (well Jabba and Chic anyway) media.

Also one place where I could get an e mail address, and copies of emails that had been sent. Paged back sometime on P&B Big Hoose thread and finally gave up.

Here is a site created to try to help anyone who want to campaign against the dodgy dealers running Scottish football, and do our best to prevent them having a free run in imposing on Scottish football what we the supporters do NOT want.

This site is different to P&B which is all about sharing opinions, facts and hopes. This site is to support ACTION.

http://honestyinspor....com/index.html

Here you can get

Email addresses, phone numbers

Copies of emails and letters sent which can be copied or extracted from.

Links to the helpful sites that keep us informed.

Reminders of who is suing who, who the police are chasing and other formal actions.

Details of key dates ahead of us all.

Friday 13th will come and go, but that will not be the last stage in our campaign to clean up Scottish football. And hopefully we can help flush out the guilty who are more concerned with their own personal agenda than the wishes of the majority.

This site will be kept up to date as things change and progress is made. It would be helpful if you were to use the 'Give us your suggestions' option to correct any mistakes, and add more relevant information.

It is all about making it as easy as possible for everyone to state their case to the right people and ask them to do what you want.

All comments are welcome.

Might be an idea to start a separate thread on this so it doesn't get lost or overlooked in the many pages here? Just an idea.

This was one of the songs played pre game at Rangers last ever game at McDiarmid Park in May, It totally went over most of the Rangers fans heads, the club got complaints about the music but only because Kevin played at U2 song at the end of the game.

Which U2 song?

Surrender?

Beautiful Day?

oo I know:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baAfxuRZpog