Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

My take on it is that the SFA are trying to impose a 'football creditor' rule on NewCo as part of the transferral. The SFA, if they were Ogilvie's lapdogs rather than just spectacularly inept and out of their depth, would surely approve the transfer without discussion. The SFA do seem have been wearing two hats: the first (a feckin' wide 10 galloner now discarded) is that of the financier trying to keep the money coming in and the second (a rather dapper straw boater only lately adopted) is that of the adminstrator realising that the game is up.

My take is that after the last few months they have to be seen to be doing something. However, despite an almighty slap in the face from Green and the CoS, Campbell Ogilvie's SFA are persisting with their unlawful, made up punishment as they don't want to suspend their pet, which is what the absolute minimum they be doing. The only headwear they should have is a judges black cap but instead the RFC baseball cap is to hand.

Sevcos game against Hawick on saturday is now unlikely to go ahead.

The game they played against Airdrie was a closed doors bounce game not requiring permission.

Think Sevcos next scheduled game is against Cambuslang on Tuesday before Kelty on Wednesday.

I assume originally when they planned friendlies against senior opposition that these games were for U19s.

Even with permission 2 games with that squad in 24 hours seems unlikley.

Edited by superbigal

WVB

• If you obey societys' rules you will be societys' tools
  • big_starc.png

• Group: True Blue
  • Topics: 1,384
  • Rep: 1,453

Posted Today, 11:11 AM

Its all a big ploy to get us to stay at home and not buy season tickets.

These TV c***s are in on the whole conspiracy.

:lol::lol::lol:

Think Sevcos next scheduled game is against Cambuslang on Tuesday before Kelty on Wednesday.

Aren't Cambuslang a league above where Sevco wil actually be playing? Have to laugh at the publication of their supposed match against Brechin when they still have no license and no money to pay their monthly bills.

Rangers had a Saltire on their last strip. The Rangers supporters groups have made a point of bringing Saltires to the games. You keep banging on about this but clearly are out of touch regarding this issue.

You're right, I do bang on about it. I see it as part of the problem at Ibrox. But perhaps I'm the only one weary of Union flags, and what they represent?

Could you link me to a photo of the Saltire on the kit? I may have misjudged the club there.

A short while back there was a display of about 43,000 union flags at Ibrox, not Saltires. The sale went to a good cause, but this preoccupation with the monarchy, the Union, William and Kate, good grief where's that really coming from? It's not a very Scottish outlook. You don't have to be a died-in-the-wool republican to think it's absurd. Reminds me of BNP meetings. This obsession has grown over my lifetime, perhaps in parallel with the Troubles? Totally non-football and a complete turn off.

If the new club continues to be a vehicle for this inane, flag-waving political agenda, then it'll be the final nail in the coffin for me.

Edited by Danish Pastry

Given the circumstances, I think GIRFUY would be more appropriate.

It isn't difficult to picture tons of Valentine's cards saying R.I.P. RFC, GIRFUY inside them, being delivered all around the world in 2013. wink.gif

I do bang on about it. I see it as part of the problem at Ibrox. But perhaps I'm the only one weary of Union flags, and what they represent?

Could you link me to a photo of the Saltire on the kit? I may have misjudged the club there.

A short while back there was a display of about 43,000 union flags at Ibrox, not Saltires. The sale went to a good cause, but this preoccupation with the monarchy, the Union, William and Kate, good grief where's that really coming from? It's not a very Scottish outlook. You don't have to be a died-in-the-wool republican to think it's absurd. Reminds me of BNP meetings. This obsession has grown over my lifetime, perhaps in parallel with the Troubles?

Totally non-football and a complete turn off.

If the new club continues to be a vehicle for this inane, flag-waving political agenda, then it'll be the final nail in the coffin for me.

I've upped your reputation due to that post DP! Well said. I am in total agreement with everyone who is sick and tired of those who like to think of themselves as "The People". The WATP mob make an arse of themselves behaving like sheep allowing themselves to be misled so easily by the wolves! They are the only people who don't see what the vast majority see.

Edited by Itwiznaeme

You're right, I do bang on about it. I see it as part of the problem at Ibrox. But perhaps I'm the only one weary of Union flags, and what they represent?

A short while back there was a display of about 43,000 union flags at Ibrox, not Saltires. The sale went to a good cause, but this preoccupation with the monarchy, the Union, William and Kate, good grief where's that really coming from? It's not a very Scottish outlook. You don't have to be a died-in-the-wool republican to think it's absurd. Reminds me of BNP meetings. This obsession has grown over my lifetime, perhaps in parallel with the Troubles? Totally non-football and a complete turn off.

I'm hoping that the absence of Rangers in the SPL will lead to a reduction

in the amount , or even cessation, of IRA shite from Celtic fans.

Not holding my breath though.

My take is that after the last few months they have to be seen to be doing something. However, despite an almighty slap in the face from Green and the CoS, Campbell Ogilvie's SFA are persisting with their unlawful, made up punishment as they don't want to suspend their pet, which is what the absolute minimum they be doing. The only headwear they should have is a judges black cap but instead the RFC baseball cap is to hand.

Well, as the saying goes, "If the cap fits......" :)

Well Paisley is a bit of a hole. biggrin.gif

Your geography needs a bit of work. Or did you go to the wrong school? If Ibrox is the left and Celtic Park is the right, simply drawing a stright line 'tween the two and splitting it gets you the Gorbals. Quite apt that really (a kick in the gorballs)

Regarding the stripping of titles. I persoanlly would like to see the teams cheated out of winning finals replacing Rangers (IL), so Ayr awarded the 2002 league cup, St. Mirren the 2009 league cup, QOS the 2008 Scottish Cup, etc.

However the league cup apart this will pose innumerable problems to the SFA as those who finished third in the SPL (and should have finished second) could have a case against the SFA for compensation as the SFA clearly did not do enough to regulate Rangers (IL) against their financial doping (allegedly).

The league cup is a simpler matter as it does not come with a European place attatched and should be relativly easy to swap the finalist names and award them a 3-0 victory.

I agree that it is a hollow victory for most, but for the likes of Ayr and QOS, this would be our last and only chance of winning a national trophy. To have it cheated from us does not sit easily with me.

We can just say that the trophies (14, I think between 2000-2009) are unawarded but the Orcs will just lay claim to them anyway.

Let the history books show that the teams cheated in finals were bumped up in exactly the same way that athletes are if the winner of a medal has been found to have cheated.

Anything else will be a sop to the fantasists.

behaving like sheep allowing themselves to be misled so easily by the wolves!

Cheers itwiznae.

cyberspaceman

True, it could marginalise the extremists in that part of the city too. Though the mantra I hear from both types is: 'it's our right to celebrate our Irish heritage'. Aye, right.

Edited by Danish Pastry

And you sir are still fantasing.

A more innocent age 30 or 40 years ago? Sorry, but... :lol:

In the 1970s and 1980 the Troubles in Northern Ireland had kicked off in earnest (even Boney M, the biggest act of the time, had a Top Ten hit protesting against the violence and hatred), one of the major encouragement of all this sectarian bile, every news report (including good old John Craven's Newsround) mentioned what was going on, and Rikki Fulton was about to do a very famous sketch on Scotland most popular TV show of the time "Scotch 'N' Wry" lampooning Rangers no-Catholics signing policy.

Oh, and Old Firm fans were to riot at a cup final at Hampden full of sectarian bile.

Sectarianism was very much alive and kicking back in the days the Old Firm were at the height of their powers and doing all they could to exploit it and encourage it.

So you'll forgive my scepticism towards people from 30 or 40 years back saying they "knew nothing about it until their teens".

Still talking pish.

Never watched the news or read papers, i was out all day playing football, it's what we did in my day.

I was 14 when the Ricki Fulton sketches and riot took place according to google.

Look at your own reasons for being aware at an early age b4 you disbelieve others.

As for Boney M, I haven't got a clue what song you're talking about, it actually took me a wee while to realise what Sunday Bloody Sunday was about as I was so unbothered about all that stuff back then.

Edited by ayrmad

time for a wee jont over to RM for some comedy gold. be back soon.

This, from the 'dossier' thread is mind-blowing :blink: or a neat WU :ph34r:

I wonder if the trick we are missing is not selling the story of what is going on here beyond our borders. They may have the Scottish media sewn up however I wonder if any of the Englush journos would analyse the reality and run with it?

Like him or loathe him, a certain Alex Thomson has added his tuppence worth to the debate in recent weeks