Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Guest Kincardine

Anyhoo, I'm off to have a proper look at that verdict document. Again, enjoy your evening, berrz. It may not get this good again for a while. Then again, it might. We'll all still be here, right?

WRK, you have more than pulled your weight. OK so you got a few things wrong but you stuck with the task against all odds. Yours was a lost cause, like so many on this thread. You kept pushing despite the weight of evidence against you.

The Sisyphus of P&B.

WRK, you have more than pulled your weight. OK so you got a few things wrong but you stuck with the task against all odds. Yours was a lost cause, like so many on this thread. You kept pushing despite the weight of evidence against you.

The Sisyphus of P&B.

You can already see the new tangent , we weren't bothered about the big tax case , we just want they rangers feckers liquidated

Spewing? You really believe that, don't you? You and all the rest of the berrz who have suddenly taken an interest again.

What today's verdict means is that rangers committed suicide for nothing. If they only (!) owed the tax money withheld by the Whyte regime, they could have got a decent amount for the players who eventually walked away for nothing. A few calls to friendly bank managers, and I'm fairly sure something could have been worked out, no?

Actually, no. All that would have happened is that their death would have been slower and more excruciating. They're still dead, though. So let's look to the future, shall we? Or is that not something we want to do on this day of days? Because the Tribute Act's skint as well, aren't they?

Enjoy your Chivas, Youngsy. I have enjoyed sparring with you over the months - and you've been a pretty consistent poster, both in your views and your regularity. Kincardine also deserves credit. The majority of other bears on here do nothing but reinforce the stereotype.

As for sending this thread to Gold, well, I for one think we should carry on until the whole saga plays out. I understand many of you feel today may be an appropriate time to draw a line, but I reckon there's plenty of life in the thread yet - maybe more so. not just that, I'd hate to see all the arguments when posters tried to claim some new thread as a continuation of the BRALT!

Anyhoo, I'm off to have a proper look at that verdict document. Again, enjoy your evening, berrz. It may not get this good again for a while. Then again, it might. We'll all still be here, right?

Oh, and thanks to Jim McClean's Ghost for pulling T_S_A_R up on his revisionism. I thought he was talking bollox, but couldn't be arsed going back....

Oh,you're spewing about this tribunal finding all right,don't try and suggest otherwise. For weeks upon weeks you and others have been banging away at how much Rangers have cheated HMRC with the non-payment of tax in this EBT case. If this finding had went the way you were hoping for it most certainly would have had you in raptures with your criticism and hatred of the club and support,the fact it hasn't went HMRCs way is sticking in the throat of many,yourself included. What the verdict highlights today is the fact that the plc was the victim of a callous crook that really didn't give a damn for the many thousands of people who are shareholders and creditors of the club.

You can already see the new tangent , we weren't bothered about the big tax case , we just want they rangers feckers liquidated

It's much funnier this way!!!! Knowing that you are down in the fourth tier for years to come without European football. The big question now is, will your new club survive the next 5 years without European football and no major sponsors! ... laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

quote name='WhiteRoseKillie' timestamp='1353442961' post='6826192']

The figure came from rangers - surely that's good enough source?

There's plenty more examples of you claiming that we'd cheated for over a decade, stop being a weasel and man up :lol:

Who's weaseling, ffs? Are you denying that hmrc appeared as a creditor for that amount in the CVA proposal? What other reason would there be for that figure?

You accused Rangers of cheating for over a decade by stealing £94 million, provide some evidence of the cheating.

I guess he does not believe in "innocent till proven guilty" analogy, as for him manning up :lol:

You're right thats never going to happen :lol:

The figure of 94 million was listed on the CVA proposal produced by RANGERS' administrators. It was based on an assessment by HMRC. I feel justified in trusting HMRC to be competent in their assessment. If they were not, then they were not. Duff & Phelps obviously believed the amount to be realistic, and the chances of a successful appeal so low, that they went with that figure, rather than apply for the matter to be expedited. Unless, of course, liquidation was the plan all along. We'll have to see what comes out in the wash, I suppose.

As for "manning up", Bennett - don't hold your breath for my tear-stained resignation from P&B.

And don't even think about pulling the big "I am", Tedi, when you didn't dare show your face on here, or any interest in your club's death, until Charlie got his Zombie certificate and took the Tribute Act on the road.

I'm still here, have been here since Day One of this saga, and will be for some time to come, unlike the fair-weather Orcs who drag themselves from under their rocks every time there's a glimmer of light.

Enjoy your evening.

Whyte must be shaking his head today as it was unnecessary to pull the PAYE stunt and look into the pre pack newco.

whyte was only involved to do that though.

when hmrc refused to settle the big tax case for £12m or whatever murray offered them murray and lloyds didn't want to chance getting hit with the full bill and sold to whyte for a pound and he did the magic trick with ticketus to get lloyds their £20 million back.

whyte's job was to get the club into admin in the most cost effective manner and then he handed the baton to duff and phelps and charlie green to asset strip the stadium, training ground and sfa membership into the newco and leave the oldco bare.

from hmrc's point of view this is a disaster. rangers won the big tax case and bumped them out of another £20 million and didn't suffer from it all. they are still trading as the same company in every respect other than the company number. the only punishments they recieved were from inside the football world. we heard a lot about on this thread about hmrc making an example of rangers but the fact of the matter is that the only lesson any dodgy businessmen will take from this is that hmrc are mugs and easy pickings.

Edited by T_S_A_R

Oh, and thanks to Jim McClean's Ghost for pulling T_S_A_R up on his revisionism. I thought he was talking bollox, but couldn't be arsed going back....

He said Daly was talking pish, that is true. No one else was even questioning why hard facts had been left out the program and only snippets and rumours stated.

There were whole other angles to the case that Rangers could have lost to. I for one am bewildered that HMRC accepted that the payments were loans from the off and did not argue that the whole EBT scheme was a sham. The dissenting opinion makes it clear that in their opinion on the face of it there is no way such a scheme could be legitimate in providing loans in the form of a trust.

I'm sure T_S_A_R has other posts later on where he says Rangers will win though.

Oh,you're spewing about this tribunal finding all right,don't try and suggest otherwise. For weeks upon weeks you and others have been banging away at how much Rangers have cheated HMRC with the non-payment of tax in this EBT case. If this finding had went the way you were hoping for it most certainly would have had you in raptures with your criticism and hatred of the club and support,the fact it hasn't went HMRCs way is sticking in the throat of many,yourself included. What the verdict highlights today is the fact that the plc was the victim of a callous crook that really didn't give a damn for the many thousands of people who are shareholders and creditors of the club.

You are of course correct. There are however many, many, many, many etc. other reasons why most on this thread celebrated the liquidation of your club and the subsequent maneuverings and thought experiments that the old berrzz fans had to do to convince themselves to follow the Sevco tribute act.

Today's verdict merely proves (once again) that Karma is a bitch of the highest order - and for that, we salute her :lol:

Guest Kincardine

Mason I agree with you. We have had close to 100,000 posts based on a false premise. I made a post in the Forum Support and Suggestions bit wherein I said, regarding this thread:

Get this embarrassment to f**k. Almost 100,000 posts of wrong.

It's amazing that the forum has been taken over by such ignorant shite and that it's been allowed to continue for so long.

We are not s single-issue board so please bring this travesty to an end.

Sadly my very reasonable post has been locked and I haven't had a reply from a mod.

Can some Mod now give this thread the death it deserves and archive it?

We Rangers fans like to post on here and don't like to be associated with such ill-informed pish.

Almost 100,000 posts of utter tripe. Archive it off and let's talk about football.

The title is Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation thread.

Rangers went into administration, and then liquidation. unsure.gif

The Sisyphus of P&B.

Sisyphus my arse. wink.gif I'm more of a Prometheus, but the Omeprazole helps...

We've all got stuff wrong. That's what's been fun on here. And continues to be so. Because this clusterfuck isn't over. I'm sure you realise that, even if some of your, er, differently educated fellow bears are popping the champagne corks (alright, White Lightningsmile.gif).

The BRALT is, to be fair, almost at an end to its story, following the fate of the club whose name it bears, but there's a shitload of mileage left in the new club's story. I'm sure you won't mind myself and a few select others discussing that little saga? Just, don't go saying it's the same thread, just a different company!biggrin.gif

Oh we're bothered about it all right. It's just a strange victory - to see rangers proved innocent so long after the club died. Millions of pounds went unpaid - and not just the big tax case amount - whoever gets the responsibility pinned on them, rangers fc was the environment that allowed the scam to take place. Aye, were bothered.

As, I would assume, are the football clubs and businesses that your lot stiffed.dry.gif

Gloat away.

Every business in the UK looks at Rangers as a hated institution that uniquely cheated and conned the taxman.

And most of all the fact Rangers are now a despised and contaminated brand in the eyes of Joe Public. ohmy.gif.

Except none of it is true anymore :D

Correct - because rangers are dead.

Today's inquest merely suggested that the suicide was perhaps unnecessary.

HTH