Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I have just been on the blower to youngsy. He says we can use his lace up team ball from 1914. He scored a hat-trick for Britain in the famous xmas day peace game and got to keep the ball. Reports from the time all agree he was in great nick for a 40 year old. ;)

Guest Kincardine

I have just been on the blower to youngsy. He says we can use his lace up team ball from 1914. He scored a hat-trick for Britain in the famous xmas day peace game and got to keep the ball. Reports from the time all agree he was in great nick for a 40 year old. ;)

:) perfect. That would make Youngsy only 138 this year. Can we draft in Davie Weir to temper Youngsy's youthful exuberance?

Also, has that ball had dubbin on it in the past 98 years? Does it need a new lace?

Edited by Kincardine

Guest Kincardine

Or when he called plastics and diddys, pedants, for continually saying his club had died! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Calm down, chap. We're trying to have an outbreak of good will with an imaginary game on Glesga Green. Have you a spare jumper? We're missing a goalpost.

Edited by Kincardine

1355793682[/url]' post='6902687']

Calm down, chap. We're trying to have an outbreak of good will with an imaginary game on Glesga Green. Have you a spare jumper? We're missing a goalpost.

Sorry. Was at the barras to see The View tonight so was just catching up with tonight's pish.

Who are all these new rangers fans who have joined the party?

Seems they're only here to read the BRALT Thread.

Guest Kincardine

[quote name='dave.j' timestamp='1355794123' post='6902698'

Who are all these new rangers fans who have joined the party?

Seems they're only here to read the BRALT Thread.

I hope you had a good night out. I took my weans for sushi after school to celebrate my birthday then had a row with my ex. Perfect evening.

I'd not have said the guys posting were new Rangers fans. The only one I don't know was RFT 123 - and he came up with the venue!

Anyway, new or old we're having an outbreak of levity. Are you in?

OK so I'm willing to offer my jumper as one goal post.

impromptu football matches a la WW1 no-mans' land / jumpers for goalposts??

perhaps look to incorporate some of the classic Christopher Brookmyre rules.......

http://www.brookmyre.co.uk/extras/short-stories/playground-football/

posted up for the benefit of anyone who has never seen this classic before

Question mark used in place of a full stop?

I'm ruining my phone screen with this red pen...

I don't care what they teach in school, a question mark contains a full feckin stop so it can be used to end a sentence or whatever. :angry:

Anyway, are they still undead yet?

The defendant has entered a 'not guilty' plea.

Would the prosecution care to submit evidence or drop the case?

This is the BRALT, one does need 'evidence'....... :rolleyes:

Rangers fans expected to fall short of £10m share issue target as Charles Green attacks HMRC for ‘awful’ timing.

Rangers fans expected to fall short of £10m share issue target as Charles Green attacks HMRC for ‘awful’ timing

Published on Tuesday 18 December 2012 11:59

CHARLES Green has rallied against claims that Rangers’ share issue to fans has been a flop, despite indications that supporters have failed to buy the full £10 million worth of shares set aside for them.

• Rangers fans are not expected to meet £10m share issue target set by Rangers chief Charles Green

• Charles Green blames HMRC for “awful” timing of share issue

• Rangers nevertheless expected to help Ibrox club meet overall £20m target as institutional investors pledge funds

It is expected that the share issue, which will close at 1pm today, will fall short of the target set by the Ibrox chief executive.

As of last night, only an estimated £3-£5 million of shares had been purchased by fans.

Green has argued that institutional investors, who are said to have responded much more enthusiastically to the share issue, will help Rangers meet the overall £20 million target the club set out to raise.

“The indications are there’s something like £3-5m there (from fans) so we’ll see what happens.

“In any amount it is a huge success. We said we wanted to a figure over £20 million and we have achieved that.”

It is believed that the timing of the share issue - coming so close to Christmas - coupled with the fact that prospectuses and application forms were only sent to some fans as recently as late last week has stymied some fans’ ability to invest, with a minimum of £500 required.

Charles Green blamed HMRC for the “awful” timing of the share issue, saying: “The main reason we are doing it (the share issue) is because in May when I was unveiled as the buyer of Rangers I made a promise to fans we would list this year and they would be allowed to buy shares.

“We’ve raised a substantial amount from institutional investors and the money is still pouring in from fans.

“We tried to get this done earlier. I’m frustrated that we lost two months at the start of the process expecting a CVA to go through but HMRC at the last minute decided not to go ahead with it.

“Then we’ve seen recently the Big Tax Case thrown out. I’m particularly frustrated that if we had been allowed a free rein this could have been done months earlier.”

Meanwhile, Ally McCoist revealed he has invested his own money in Rangers.

“All I can say is I’ve bought shares for my family - I have five boys. I imagine a lot of fans will do likewise and make it a family thing. That’s what I’ve done, but I’ve been told that, as an employee, I’m not legally allowed to say that buying shares is a good idea or a bad idea.”

It is expected that some of the money raised by the share issue will be allocated to acquiring players once their transfer embargo is lifted.