Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Or when they seen fit to "grant the application"?

Anyway, I'm only pointing out that as they broke their own rules to issue a conditional membership to whoever (existing club, new club - whatever). It is not without premise, therefore, that the rule (if it is there, I'm taking your word for it) that new clubs can only be granted a membership could be amended to suit.

SKY threatned them over the TV deal and said if they didn't get the Rangers situation sorted out the TV deal would be off.

I would take issue if they ever GRANTED any application without following their own rules, to my knwledge they have never done this.

Merry Christmas Ted. This panto season, may the fairy godmother TRANSFER you 3 wishes. ;)

Ho Ho Ho n' that.

I would take issue if they ever GRANTED any application without following their own rules, to my knwledge they have never done this.

They introduced a rule as a complete one off to enable a match to be played that would have resulted in a great financial loss to Brechin and the supporters. Do you think they were wrong to do this?

I've no idea if they were right or wrong to do it. I've not considered what the ultimate implications of that are, or what they could potentially be. To allow two teams to play a game of football does not, taken in isolation, seem wrong.

It's not what I'm getting at though. I'm making the argument that SFA rules are not unbreakable. Indeed, they are happy to invent new ones.

It's not bullshit at all. SKY decide what happens and they wanted the situation sorted out or the TV deal was fucked basically. The SPL got a lesser deal then they had last year and the games SKY were shown had to involve Rangers games.

I think that if it was up to SKY and no-one else, Rangers would be playing in the SPL this season.

Article 14 deals with transfer of membership. In these circumstances the request for transfer is reviewed by the SFA Board which has "complete discretion to refuse or grant such application on such terms and conditions as the Board shall think fit."

The SFA broke their own rules when they issued Rangers with a conditional membership. There was no provision for that. The three statuses are, Registered, Full and Asdociate membership.

If SFA were willing to make up, or break existing rules, it seems contradictory to me to accept that, only to then hold up other rules on a closely related matter as unbreakable.

This is not normal fan behaviour, if you had to explain the current mentality of Scottish football fans to an outsider, they'd think we were all off our heads.

This is not normal fan behaviour, if you had to explain the current mentality of Scottish football fans to an outsider, they'd think we were all off our heads.

You are a supporter of Rangers International Football Club (formed 2012), everyone knows that you are off your head Betty.

They'd think that we're off our heads to pay to watch it in the first place.

I'd love to get the back to the days when we got slagged off for playing Broadfoot, we laughed at the Green and Greys defence and i moaned about McCulloch playing in every position apart from goals. Now it's reciting football, legal and financial rules and regs without a break, with endless C&P's from various blogs and other assoted pish.

I'd love to get the back to the days when we got slagged off for playing Broadfoot, we laughed at the Green and Greys defence and i moaned about McCulloch playing in every position apart from goals. Now it's reciting football, legal and financial rules and regs without a break, with endless C&P's from various blogs and other assoted pish.

I actually find it fascinating. I've learned things that I wouldn't have been interested in if it hadn't been put in a football context.

It's not bullshit at all. SKY decide what happens and they wanted the situation sorted out or the TV deal was fucked basically. The SPL got a lesser deal then they had last year and the games SKY were shown had to involve Rangers games.

Proof?