Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

'We will see what the outcome is soon enough but it will be a bleak day for Scottish football if the small cabal running the SPL get their way. In fact it would effectively end any chance for reconciliation in the Scottish game – reconciliation which is looking difficult enough to achieve as it is.'

Yes of course Chris,nurse has the poor guy taken his meds tonight?

The going rate for Ranger's history? Tricky. I bought Bennet's history already for, "a fiver and a couple of panini stickers,"

You can see here:

http://www.pieandbov...dpost&p=6994020

For Rangers' history I'd up the stakes. Maybe 50 grammes of Golden Virginia and 4 packs of papers? The slim blue type, not the thick green yins, mind. Thick and green (not Charles) is abundant enough on this thread.

Chilled Buckfast? Are you from Morningside?

Thought you'd be more of a (Lambeg) Drum man tbh, rather than the green , white and gold of GV...................... though as Green was your first owner, Whyte the last owner of the dead club, and the main finance now being ''we buy any Gold.com'', you could just be being Loyal ;)

Guest Kincardine

Thought you'd be more of a (Lambeg) Drum man

Deserves a greeny!

This may only be appreciated by the cognoscenti, but you should be flailed for for your Lambeg joke.

So, important stuff after the lolfest..................

Bears, q/

Did you expect to be running at a loss in Div3 with the amount of season tickets sold?

And ''no bank debt'', does that make you shiver?

So, important stuff after the lolfest..................

Did you expect to be running at a loss in Div3 with the amount of season tickets sold?

It comes as no great surprise, but it is still a staggering achievement.

Sell 38000 season tickets to compete in a league full of teams that rarely muster four figures, yet manage to lose money.

As I say, no surprise to anyone watching closely, but looked at in a detached manner, it is really incredible.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Sell 38000 season tickets to compete in a legue full of teams that rarely muster four figures, yet manage to lose money.

As I say, no surprise to anyone watching closely, but looked at in a detached manner, it is really incredible.

If they last until the Top Flight, there won't be that much more cash available :D

Deserves a greeny!

This may only be appreciated by the cognoscenti, but you should be flailed for for your Lambeg joke.

laugh.gif Very good, Kincardine. Your humour is pretty consistent, tbf, but you're forgetting the golden rule - "Know Your Audience".

Ye're at that suspicious lingo again - it's not quite L*tin, but I'd watch myself. wink.gif

p.s.Blue Rizlas? Nah. If ye're hardcore it's the red ones. Mind you, you get free papers with Amber Leaf.....

Now, I'm off to try the new BuckFast Diet - "Simply have one nutritious bottle for breakfast, another for lunch, and total oblivion for tea"

Sell 38000 season tickets to compete in a legue full of teams that rarely muster four figures, yet manage to lose money.

As you say, MT - it was an undoubtedly impressive response by their fans (for a change), but to be losing money even when they've been pulling 5-10k PATG punters as well - objectively, it beggars belief.

Have they still got the same staff level as the old club? All those coaches, club "ambassadors", and the like?

Guest Kincardine

p.s.Blue Rizlas? Nah. If ye're hardcore it's the red ones. Mind you, you get free papers with Amber Leaf.....

They are really sold as Red in Yorkshire? That's Northeners for you.

In Buckinghamshire they are advertised a "Rizla Burnt Umber - for those who don't want to cut corners"

They are really sold as Red in Yorkshire? That's Northeners for you.

In Buckinghamshire they are advertised a "Rizla Burnt Umber - for those who don't want to cut corners"

Bucks? Jees, you take this "Quintessentially British" malarkey seriously!laugh.gif

(Not that I'm accusing you of.... The very thought!)

Up here you're more likely to find the liquorice ones than the blue - I love my adopted home, but some of the locals are fucking weird....

It really isn't surprising that they are running at a loss. The operating costs at Aye-Broke Stadium are huge in comparison to every other club in Scotland apart from Celtic Park. The old club had several hundred million pounds pumped into it by way of the Bank of Scotland £80million, MIH £74million (via EBT's), ENIC £40million, Joe Lewis £40million, Dave King £20million, JJB Sports £30million+ and many others. The share issue underwritten by Murray was £51million. While that was ongoing, the old club received several hundred £millions in prize money from SPL league placings and cup competitions with the additional income from ticket sales from cup matches + Income from televised matches + income from playing regularly in Champions /Europa leagues (Celtic's guaranteed 30 million euro's this season from CL is an example). And don't forget to add on some very dodgy transfer fees from friendly ex-gers managers down South.

The new club may have a significant drop in player wages but all of its other operating costs at Aye-Broke Stadium will be around the same figure as was at the old club.

Guest Kincardine

Bucks? Jees, you take this "Quintessentially British" malarkey seriously!laugh.gif

Bucks is a forgiving place. We also live on the Bucks/Oxford borders. Apart from Wycombe there isn's a decent team for miles around and most guys here support the London clubs and, of course, Man U.

Also not "Quintessentially British" - but very English. Thankfully my son's rugby team draws from a wide area and his 1st 13 has at least 5 sons of emigre Scots playing in it.

Guest Kincardine

Never selling the naming rights! Well what about if we sell it and keep ibrox in the title? Ok

Johnny, did I ever share with you my 'naming rights' post with you? I don't think I did. Ask me for a link and I'll post it. I laughed at myself. Hope you can do the same.

This is the message board quivalent of "The Phoney War"

Folk just marking time......

Bucks is a forgiving place. We also live on the Bucks/Oxford borders. Apart from Wycombe there isn's a decent team for miles around and most guys here support the London clubs and, of course, Man U.

Also not "Quintessentially British" - but very English. Thankfully my son's rugby team draws from a wide area and his 1st 13 has at least 5 sons of emigre Scots playing in it.

Aye okay Farquar.:)

To answer the main points, Rangers are not a new club, just run by a new company.

Charles Green bought the history along with the rest of the club.

He also bought the SFA membership and the SPL share.

If that is true, why did "Rangers" (D & P) have a vote to allow newco into the SPL and not charlie green?