Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I have to agree, it was purely a hypothetical question.

If the payments are deemed unlawful it opens up a can of worms though.

I'm not sure I can stomach another couple years of this.

Fife, I agree. Another couple of years of tedious pish is just not attractive. However, HMRC winning the appeal wouldn't change yesterday's ruling - and LNS was happy to distance his opnion from the outcome of the FTT.

All that HMRC having a successful appeal would produce is:

1. A charge against Oldco

2, Interweb fuckwits calling us cheats.

Staus quo really.

The BDO work is much more important. This is something that I really hope they pursue with ardency.

But then ya have numpties like this proclaiming yesterday as some sort of victory and as something to lord over Lenny :1eye What has Lennon got to do with Celtics Statement???

Celtic seems to want to drag themslves in to it and journos seem to want Lennon to comment. Both are wrong. There are times to shut the f**k up and this is one.

Wee Lemmon and Liewell are raging hahaha

Heard Lennons interview, he could barely contain his rage :lol: Added to that, Celtics statement was the icing on the cake.

The titles are staying at Ibrox, nae luck :P

Edited by bennett

The BDO work is much more important. This is something that I really hope they pursue with ardency.

You and Tedi say that, but as they even now have the power to reverse the sale to Green, do you really want ''ardency''?

How did your Party go HellBhoy, was Dhensebore in the groove?

Seems I you was right, it really did turn out to be a tic wet dream.

54 54 54

Poor wee Hellboy, put all his faith in a handful of bloggers and ends up looking like a right plank.

Fife, I agree. Another couple of years of tedious pish is just not attractive. However, HMRC winning the appeal wouldn't change yesterday's ruling - and LNS was happy to distance his opnion from the outcome of the FTT.

All that HMRC having a successful appeal would produce is:

1. A charge against Oldco

2, Interweb fuckwits calling us cheats.

Staus quo really.

I'm of the opinion that Rangers' non-disclosure of payments or provision is bad enough, it's been dealt with now though. Biggest fine in Scottish Football history?

The premise that, as the payments are lawful, no competitive advantage was gained would be shot to pieces with an adverse ruling. It stands to reason that avoiding disclosure of unlawful payments provided a headroom not afforded to other clubs and allowed a distinct, though variable, degree of advantage.

But then ya have numpties like this proclaiming yesterday as some sort of victory and as something to lord over Lenny :1eye What has Lennon got to do with Celtics Statement???

Admin errors, no cheating, it's official.

Deal with it.

You and Tedi say that, but as they even now have the power to reverse the sale to Green, do you really want ''ardency''?

Absolutely. If the sale to Chuckles is deemed to be unlawful then I would be happy if it's unwound. This is because I uphold the rule of law and due process and will respect the outcome of BDO's work.

Provided that's the full extent of it and Celtic get back to minding their own, I'd say that's not too bad, considering. I'd rather they'd just noted the result, but you can imagine how previous owners would've responded to events like this.

Rangers are your life ,seek help

I said the SFA/SPL and co did their job well, they kept a team in blue playing in Ibrox for financial reasons, but if you lot think yesterday was some sort of victory, you are sadly mistaken.

Why is it not?

The good lord nimmo has told us we are the same club

We get to keep our trophies

No amount of fucktards on a fitba messageboard can say otherwise

Have a good night

I'm of the opinion that Rangers' non-disclosure of payments or provision is bad enough, it's been dealt with now though. Biggest fine in Scottish Football history?

Fife, I hav a different take on the fine. I posted this yesterday:

The only interesting thing from today is the £250K levied against Oldco.

This reminds me of Bruce Grobbelaar winning a libel action and being awarded damages of £1 on the basis that he had no reputation to lose.

Looks like LNS is going down the same road by fining Oldco for the amount he did. That is a right slap on the puss to The SPL. No wonder Doncaster is "Away on business". I'd have said the man should have a right red neck but, since he has no shame, he'll be back bumping his gums about, "Justice has been done and we applaud the efforts of the independent commission" or somesuch meaningless bollocks.

Doncaster should walk away now. A man with no reputation to lose.

24 hours on I think it's a decent post. LNS gave The SPL a hefty boot in the haw maws with the fine that can't be recovered. It's shorthand for saying that the whole action was a farrago.

:blink: If they get stripped of titles then surely they are getting stripped of Scottish cups as the SFA will have too because players in that competition were illegally registered for those competitions.

Nope, sorry the good lord fucked up your wet dream.

The increase in Orks on this thread is amazing, not that they add much apart from the usuall triumphalism shite. l will give you yesterday, it was a small battle won.

Yup this Orc has increased significantly since yesterday. I ate up all the jellyy and ice cream that the *****s didn't have an appetite for.

The increase in Orks on this thread is amazing, not that they add much apart from the usuall triumphalism shite. l will give you yesterday, it was a small battle won.

Make up your mind,does that mean it was a victory in a small battle???

I don't think that's the case, I genuinely don't believe there would be any motivation to unjustly discredit either party. I think he acted within his remit and took a legalistic view that is difficult to contest. That was what he would have been primed to do and I respect that.

The problem with that is the fudging of football 'laws' and opinions sufficiently dilutes his legalistic opinion and leaves bickering between chaps like me and you.

It's probably one of these things that makes the sport unrivalled. We're all fucking mental.