Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

For me it was always about whether rangers had cheated or not. The verdict confirmed they did. The fact that the SPL didn't know know their own rules about eligibility is an irrelevance. Yous broke the rules and tried to cover it up for 10 years and got fined the biggest fine ever imposed. CHEATS

The verdict only showed that the club were negligent in non-disclosure of payments over a period of time,for which we we're given a £250,000 fine no argument on that,that's administration details not the field of play, you know the very essence of what this was all about.

Now if you can show me where on the summation it states that Rangers fielded ineligible players in any match over any period of time that gave the club an unfair sporting advantage please do so. Because as i've previously stated that is what this was all about, fielding ineligible players and title stripping, that did not happen, i'm very happy with that outcome,obviously you're not. Live with it, because i can. Have a nice day.

Look mate, you've had your fun, but the establishment was always going to step in at some point and draw a big, fat line in the sand.

It's over. We'll be back leathering what's left of the wee Rangers before you know it - as if nothing really happened.

Lovely. :)

so you think your team will be back in the spl. thought chucky didn't want to come back to the spl/

Can someone explain one small point of EMPLOYEE benefit trusts. So lets assume they were 'loans' to employees. What was Souness £30,000 for ten years after leaving the EMPLOYMENT of Rangers. If they have been decreed as loans for the meantime ........I would imagine the liquidators could recall the £47 m loans and pay of all the creditors. Including the £250,000 fine.

Then we can watch the HMRC win their appeal and bust Rangers all over again. They think its all over ............

Excellent point,greenied.

Also worth pointing out that the reason why this issue has proven so difficult and complex in tribunals is that David Murray's Rangers poured a lot of time and money into finding ways to bend the rules of the game and the tax codes until they were within a bawhair of snapping.

This is called "sharp practice" - you examine the rules to find ways to gain advantage for yourself by hilariously taking the piss out of them, but make sure that you do it in a way that can't be found illegal in a court of law. Sharp practice is the reason why there are so few bankers in jail in this country, despite the fact that hundreds of them grasped vast sums of cash in ways that were clearly reprehensible and immoral, but not technically illegal.

There are legal ways to steal Granny's pension money, if you put enough time and effort into finding ways to get round the law. If you go ahead and steal Granny's pension money, whether you're found guilty of theft or not, you've still stolen Granny's pension money and nobody is going to be impressed when you wave a judgement that says stealing from Granny isn't technically illegal, if you pay a bunch of lawyers to find a way to pull it off within the law.

Did the legal beagle tell you that?

An admisitrative error meant that players wages were not disclosed properly, that is all. No cheating just an admin error, ok?

You even admit that the club acted within the law, you never got your way so get over it.

An admisitrative error meant that players wages were not disclosed properly, that is all. No cheating just an admin error, ok?

You even admit that the club acted within the law, you never got your way so get over it.

Smith said non disclosure was deliberate Ie not an error.

Have you seen the SPL`s accounts? The Jam tarts in are a more solvent position than the SPL ;)

With this and reconstruction the SPL will not exist in 2 years time, it will be a different body in charge.

So if the SPL is still in existence in 3 years time will chuckles refuse it? That is what he said

so you think your team will be back in the spl. thought chucky didn't want to come back to the spl/

Green says all sorts of things - I doubt the SPL will exist by the time we get back there. Although I don't give a flying one what it's called and I'd prefer that we were fast-tracked back this summer.

If that winds up the diddies and plastics all the more - so much the better.

:lol:

Think I will worry about that in 2 years time.

I think a return to the top league this summer would be marvellous for all concerned.

Given the fluffy, cuddly reactions to the LNS decisions - I can just imagine the love for us if we were fast-tracked right back to what's left of the top league.

Green says all sorts of things - I doubt the SPL will exist by the time we get back there. Although I don't give a flying one what it's called and I'd prefer that we were fast-tracked back this summer.

If that winds up the diddies and plastics all the more - so much the better.

Fast-tracking won't happen. The fans wouldn't allow it

I said the SFA/SPL and co did their job well, they kept a team in blue playing in Ibrox for financial reasons, but if you lot think yesterday was some sort of victory, you are sadly mistaken.

OH I have to agree there completely Johnny.

The SFA & SPL have pulled off a complete blinder on everyone with this club & company shite they made up just before Rangers FC the club actually did head into liquidation just as Gretna did 5 years earlier.They had the foresight to avoid public unrest among the orcs if their beloved club died exactly as all the other clubs before them did because of insolvency problems.

It's all been a sham from the day the HMRC slammed Rangers PLC the club with a hefty tax bill in the tens of millions that threatened a club already heavily burdened with debt in the tens of millions.Forcing the clubs overall debt at the time to well above £60 million if the EBT's were ruled as bonuses.

So what do the SFA & SPL do in 2011 ? .They concoct a cock and bull story that somehow you can separate the company from the club and place it in the rule & regulations handbook.Then they add a sprinkle of dazzle that in the event of an insolvency act the club can be used as a commodity and is a separate entity that can pass from a company to company whilst retaining all it's honours won with the old company that is facing liquidation.

Then they collude upon any event that can happen and then the fun really begins when such events actually happen including the SPL commission that will help the club keep it's honours,or they will be public unrest among the orcs threatening blue murder towards any individual or organisation that does threaten to take them off the club.

Rangers fans have been manipulated from the very day Rangers PLC went into administration by everyone and everything associated with the newco including Green.This has been a carefully orchestrated event to keep Rangers FC alive at all costs and they have done a brilliant job and I applaud them for it.They knew if Rangers the club got liquidated there would be complete chaos in the aftermath and have done a fine job at all levels.They all knew what Murray was up to at Ibrox with the EBT's after the HMRC lamped them with a tax bill,and even though they knew Rangers were in reality gaining an unfair advantage they had to sweep the debris under a large carpet or the scandal would be a massive catastrophe of corruption.

I always knew there would have been another Rangers team playing at Ibrox if they actually did liquidate the club back in 2012,but I feel a bit robbed of some joy that the ruling associations pulled one from right under me and have to suffer some arrogant gloating from Rangers fans ! same club ! well only in a legal sense because they made all that bullshit up back in 2011 to accommodate the death of Rangers eventually.To me and many others no matter what pish the Rangers fans claim and quote ! Rangers FC the club fucking died just exactly like Gretna but have the very good fortune to support a cloned club exactly like the old club that died.

^ ^ ^ This is what happens when the orcs mask slips from time to time they reveal exactly what they really believe about the old Rangers regime !

Benny EBT's are not wages bub :blink: they are legally known as discretionary loans and do not form any part of the players wages so did not need to be disclosed in the accounts you fud.

So there we have Benny telling us what he actually thinks about these so called legal loans you do not have to pay back ! "Thur wages" :lol:

In all seriousness though, football fans rivalries have become incrementally more disturbing over the last twenty years or so, and linking this to socio-religious divides has adversely affected the country's image, let alone the "game".

I strongly disagree with this idea that rivalries are somehow worse and more intense than the bygone days of yore.

Internet squabbling is no match for the kind of alcohol fulled violence I witnessed so often throughout the 60s/70s/80s. And I've seen it everywhere - even at matches I'd go to when Rangers were not playing.

In fact, it's much better that people vent their spleen online than face to face full of the bevvy.

Fast-tracking won't happen. The fans wouldn't allow it

You think Scottish fitba directors will listen to the fans again? They only 'listened' last summer because it was the easiest excuse ever to abdicate responsibility for difficult decisions.

The fact is, the very 'fans' you refer to promised faithfully to back their clubs if they fucked Rangers over. Hibs - one club - have benefited so far from increased attendances of those that remained in the SPL.

One club.

The rest? The diddy clubbers in particular have abandoned ship in droves. Integrity, it seems, doesn't pay the bills. And I'm no longer laughing at the outcome. I was reading about Dunfermline youngsters on all of £65/wk getting 20% of their pay last week.

They don't deserve that.

EBT's are not wages bub :blink: they are legally known as discretionary loans and do not form any part of the players wages so did not need to be disclosed in the accounts you fud.

And here we have a plastic telling us that he's finally at ease with the EBT's being what they were - loans.

I strongly disagree with this idea that rivalries are somehow worse and more intense than the bygone days of yore.

Internet squabbling is no match for the kind of alcohol fulled violence I witnessed so often throughout the 60s/70s/80s. And I've seen it everywhere - even at matches I'd go to when Rangers were not playing.

In fact, it's much better that people vent their spleen online than face to face full of the bevvy.

Well fcuk me silly this is the first post of yours I completely agree with :blink: The Eastern European leagues make the OF rivalry look like handbags at thirty paces and their level of hatred towards minority ethnic groups is unrivalled even in North Africa.

And the 60s ? :blink: my god you are a bitter auld man ain't ya :lol:

Edited for the grammar police :1eye

Edited by hellbhoy

And here we have a plastic telling us that he's finally at ease with the EBT's being what they were - loans.

I quoted what they are legally known as ! but you know and I know what they actually were don't we ;) WAGES.

You think Scottish fitba directors will listen to the fans again? They only 'listened' last summer because it was the easiest excuse ever to abdicate responsibility for difficult decisions.

The fact is, the very 'fans' you refer to promised faithfully to back their clubs if they fucked Rangers over. Hibs - one club - have benefited so far from increased attendances of those that remained in the SPL.

One club.

The rest? The diddy clubbers in particular have abandoned ship in droves. Integrity, it seems, doesn't pay the bills. And I'm no longer laughing at the outcome. I was reading about Dunfermline youngsters on all of £65/wk getting 20% of their pay last week.

They don't deserve that.

There is absolutely no chance it will happen bud. And av heard this diddies didn't hold these promise pish enough. I know as fas as my club was concerned it was "We ain't going back" not "we'll find an extra 500 people and force them into the ground". Where would these extra fans come from? That was never the promise. Apart from Celtic have any of the attendances dropped?