Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Wee Craigie's fucked.

Good.

:)

I think the logic of the situation tends to support your view. If he's short of readies, he won't get lawyers to reresent him unless he shows he can pay, so he's unlikely to be able to appeal. The castle on Speyside ain't worth more than a couple of million, all his other assets in UK likely to be seized to pay Ticketus. Looks like all he can do is feck off out of here, hunker down in Monaco and hold on to what he has there. Life's a bitch, eh?

Is history really that important? You lived your share of it, no one can take that away. Is history worth paying shyster after shyster to keep it alive for you?

I've no right to speak for them, but I'll do it anyway.

I think that for the vast bulk of them, the answer would be yes. There will of course be exceptions, but the whole idea of preserving history, first saw pressure applied to the American Truck guy who countenanced the notion of liquidation. It was then evident in the complete reversal performed when a CVA failed, yet Green and Traynor changed their tune. We saw it also in the determination to keep titles, regardless of whether or not this might be right.

I'd thought I had a decent handle on the Rangers psyche, but last summer and subsequent events have been illuminating.

This idea of supporting something hugely successful is a far more central part of the support's sense-of-self than I'd previously appreciated.

Some sort of 'FC Rangers' operation should be possible. Percentage-wise, it would not need a vast proportion of fans to start again. There's also decent potential to make rapid progress in the non-league game as there are fewer levels than in England. Their presence might even accelerate moves towards a pyramid.

For most fans though, this 'glorious' history seems bafflingly important.

Chris McLaughlin þ@BBCchrismclaug 3m

The #SFA have written to #Rangers CEO Charles Green asking him for clarity about his dealing with Craig Whyte re takeover #BBCSport

The actual complaint is posted on the last page :B

The castle on Speyside ain't worth more than a couple of million, all his other assets in UK likely to be seized to pay Ticketus.

what assets in the Uk does whyte have?

Maybes a 50,000 seater stadium in Glasgow?

The judgment was handed down last friday, all this stuff about Green being a frontman has emerged since then.

Remember, it wont be left to whyte to declare assets, officers of the court will be hunting them down.

Edited by Skudbook

got the case no? ;)

i do believe a man with wealth so off the radar it doesnt exist just lost a case there to the value of £17m with a potential £9m further being sought

his assets will be seized if he cant pay ^_^

Yes, yes they are. The fact that the screens will be cheaper than the promised seats is a pyoor coincidence. Oh, and they're still promises, not screens.

They can't put seats in that area, it's not structually strong enough.

Idiot.

A question for the financial exp.......... Celtic fans --- Seeing as Whyte owes ticketus just under £18m, does this sum now come off of the creditors list?

Let me have a stab at this one, as a non-Uglies fan......

No fucking idea.

But I do know that if two slippery b*****ds were about to lock legal horns, with multiple other claims hiding in the bushes, BDO about to commence the autopsy, HMRC still circling, and the entire future of my new club - not to mention all those assets, including the IPO cash - was dependent on the outcome of myriad court cases, I'd spend a lot less time fucking about on a fitba forum and a lot more time worrying about the future.

Fortunately, we've got five games to start formulating our playing style and plans for next season.

I wouldn't be surprised if your lot weren't around next season.

:lol:

Your sentence was however structurally sound :P

The wee red squiggly lines under so many of your words are there as a clue Benny ;)

It's a fitba forum, picking on typos makes you look like a fanny.

Just saying....

They can't put seats in that area, it's not structually strong enough.

Idiot.

Walk away from the fridge fatty..

Oh, youz don't do walking away...

It's a fitba forum, picking on typos makes you look like a fanny.

Just saying....

Whereas putting in writing the most convenient collection of letters, in the hope they form the words your scrambling for, is somehow not making you look like an ill educated fanny ?

Right you are benny, right you are....

No wonder Chuckie sees you as easy prey :thumsup2

Oh.....

Just sayin'...