Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

You have out done yourself here :lol:

I would try and reason with you but anybody who has a problem with Rangers welcoming British Troops to the ground isn't worth debating with. Maybe take a few deep breaths...count to 10 and try again.

Just out of interest do you have a problem with Hibernian donating season tickets to British Troops? Is this an attempt by them to falsify their actual attendances?

You mean like the MoD? :lol::lol::lol:

I know nothing about the Easdale`s, No8 says they are bad news and I respect his opinion and so this makes me wary about them getting control of the club but would this make me stop buying a ST which would more than likely kill the club just to get them out?

No thanks,

Tedi, Tedi. I thought your tack for the last year and a bit has been that as long as there are fans, the club will survive? Withholding ST payments would obviously cause major problems for the company, but you keep telling us that that's a separate entity. You're surely not afraid that the authorities wouldn't stand for the same dodgy resurrection a second time, are you?

I know nothing about the Easdale`s, No8 says they are bad news and I respect his opinion and so this makes me wary about them getting control of the club but would this make me stop buying a ST which would more than likely kill the club just to get them out?

No thanks,

Neither did I, a month or so ago. Even in Englandshire, though, I've found out a fair bit about them in the intervening weeks. More to the point, I've learnt a fair bit about them on this forum. As you spend most of your waking hours on here, and given that it's your club they're planning on using as a giant Maytag, I find that statement, and its implicit suggestion that you have missed all the posts and links referring to these crooks, totally fucking bizarre.

The club needs the ST sales, pay at the gate does not work, if you are suggesting that I should do something which would in fact kill the club just to make a point then I think you misunderstand what it is to love a football club.

You must realise the club has to be killed again. That is the only way to get rid of the bunch of crooks and con artists you currently have on your board. Never mind the shadow directors we have still pulling strings,

Spend your time from now getting the supporters and leaders with some integrity who can form an honest board. Squeeze the current board so administration is inevitable. Get Walter and Ally to walk at the right time. Then move in and get control just like Green did. It won't cost much that is for sure.

From The Herald

Alastair Johnston, who was ousted in May, 2011 by then owner Craig Whyte, "has concerns" about the jockeying for position at the club he has supported all his life.

"There is a cancer spreading throughout the club and it's not going away," he said.

"My concern is that until self-serving investors are eliminated then the club can't go forward.

"With so many investors - in quotation marks - trying to play an active role in the guidance of Rangers Football Club, I don't think that is a healthy situation.

"I don't know the people involved but I really wonder about their agenda. I really wonder in whose best interests are they working.

"A lot of people can say they have the best interests of the club in mind but it is easy to say that.

"There are people vying for control and influence and they have got to lay down their ambitions and be transparent about finances and investment."The board of Rangers - whoever it is and however it is constituted - has to come out and be transparent about the assets and the commitments and what that will mean to investors.

"What has been promised to investors?

"There is a power vacuum and there hasn't been one in 140 years at Ibrox. Someone has to come out and show guidance.

You have out done yourself here :lol:

I would try and reason with you but anybody who has a problem with Rangers welcoming British Troops to the ground isn't worth debating with. Maybe take a few deep breaths...count to 10 and try again.

Just out of interest do you have a problem with Hibernian donating season tickets to British Troops? Is this an attempt by them to falsify their actual attendances?

create a hibs thread for this utter pish

When did i call you a dick? When did i say i hate you? :huh:

You implied I was dick when saying you knew of at least one Queens fan who was one.

You were also clearly referring to me when you said: "I hate people who take special pleasure in winning games through refereeing mistakes(feeling generous this morning) but i don't hate every fan of that team."

All good natured and everything - both posts made me chuckle. That's what I was referring to though.

Tedi, Tedi. I thought your tack for the last year and a bit has been that as long as there are fans, the club will survive? Withholding ST payments would obviously cause major problems for the company, but you keep telling us that that's a separate entity. You're surely not afraid that the authorities wouldn't stand for the same dodgy resurrection a second time, are you?

There's a serious point in here.

I've accepted continuity all along, pretty much because the soul of a club is its fans rather than its fiscal structure. The argument used by Rangers fans, pretty much depends on similar logic as far as I can see.

There's obviously sport to be had in taunting Rangers fans about the doublethink involved, but if they, and some of us, think a club can survive a corporate death, there should be nothing to stop them hastening another such death, in order to protect and preserve the club.

I can see why such a course might feel risky, but the alternative seems to be to be forever at the mercy of dodgy chancers.

The club needs the ST sales, pay at the gate does not work, if you are suggesting that I should do something which would in fact kill the club just to make a point then I think you misunderstand what it is to love a football club.

Surely it could only kill the company, as per last year and the club would 'rise again', though this time under better stewardship. Should that not be the plan? This of course, only if it is shown that those currently in control or vying for it, are indeed bad men.

There's a serious point in here.

I've accepted continuity all along, pretty much because the soul of a club is its fans rather than its fiscal structure. The argument used by Rangers fans, pretty much depends on similar logic as far as I can see.

There's obviously sport to be had in taunting Rangers fans about the doublethink involved, but if they, and some of us, think a club can survive a corporate death, there should be nothing to stop them hastening another such death, in order to protect and preserve the club.

I can see why such a course might feel risky, but the alternative seems to be to be forever at the mercy of dodgy chancers.

The precedent has now been set, no argument. Any Scottish club to suffer liquidation in future, should be able to resurface as - to all intents and purposes - the same club with a new corporate identity. Supposing of course they are set-up as a form of Ltd company. So, the rangers fans should not fear 'killing' their club to begin again. Now is obviously a better time to do so, rather than delaying such action until back in top tier. Tear up those renewal forms and bring on round 2. :thumsup2

The precedent has now been set, no argument. Any Scottish club to suffer liquidation in future, should be able to resurface as - to all intents and purposes - the same club with a new corporate identity. Supposing of course they are set-up as a form of Ltd company. So, the rangers fans should not fear 'killing' their club to begin again. Now is obviously a better time to do so, rather than delaying such action until back in top tier. Tear up those renewal forms and bring on round 2. :thumsup2

FC Rangers of Glasgow has a nice ring to it.

FC Rangers of Glasgow has a nice ring to it.

An interesting idea.

I genuinely wonder how much appetite there would be for such a grass roots re-birth.

A big part of last summer's rhetoric involved "so long as there's a team playing in blue at Ibrox..." The idea of keeping the same ground seemed terribly important despite the fact that dozens of British clubs have moved ground in the last 25 years, with nobody suggesting that it spelled any kind of death for the club.

Despite Rangers' reduced circumstances this season, they've still undoubtedly been a very big club. I honestly wonder if they can be a smaller club, with a devoted support running things and looking to grow.

I don't think this is what any Rangers fans would currently have in mind though, and it explains why they'd rather again take their chances with whoever gets control.

The chas'n'dave song... Ok Chucky Green and David Moonbeams fits well here - they could release it and make some much needed cash...so in your best cockney accent (wasn't it the cockney's who smashed up Manchester?) singalong by the ol' joanna!

Sevco, Sevco cam on ye Sevco!

Yer gonna do it as ye did last year

Sevco, Sevco cam on ye Sevco,

Yer gonna do it as ye did last year,

Sevco, Sevco yer gonna do it again!

Cam on ye Se-evvvs.....

Now try gettin that song out your head...

Edited by bairney

Yep and with Cambuslang Rangers getting promoted there is a place for another club with Rangers in it's name next season. I can see them ground sharing with Benburb and the opening fixture will be The The Rangers V Newmains £4 to get in.

Ayrshire district league might also have a place for them with Kilwinning Rangers winning that. Big fan base in that neck of the woods, is there not?

Where have all the bears gone?? I love when this happens, they get the arse ripped out of them then disappear only to return when benny posts a programme of The rangers or something as equaly irrelevant :lol:

Off to their pubs and clubs, for a sing song.

Where have all the bears gone?? I love when this happens, they get the arse ripped out of them then disappear only to return when benny posts a programme of The rangers or something as equaly irrelevant :lol:

To practice for the annual pumpkin parade. Oh what a lovely day for it.

Yep and with Cambuslang Rangers getting promoted there is a place for another club with Rangers in it's name next season. I can see them ground sharing with Benburb and the opening fixture will be The The Rangers V Newmains £4 to get in.

Ayrshire district league might also have a place for them with Kilwinning Rangers winning that. Big fan base in that neck of the woods, is there not?

Surerly, it doesn't have any relevance how many clubs in league with rangers in the name. Afterall, it's merely a suffix like United, City, Athletic, Rovers etc. :P

You do know that everything you have ever sent or received over the internet has been stored on servers owned by the government ! should you worry Benny ?.

Imagine having to read them all. I get bored reading my own e-mails, never mind somebody else's.